Thanksgiving - Ham > Turkey

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Kinner

Clear eyes. Full Hearts. Can't lose.
Bourbon horseradish Dijon crusted smoked prime rib with smoked mashed potatoes is where it is at.

I will not eat turkey cooked by anyone else anymore at the holidays due to it always being a dry piece of shit. If I cook Turkey, I infrared fry it and inject the bird with a ton of Tony Cacheres Creole butter.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
My mother and father in-law have one of those old Ronco rotisseries, I think that's actually the best way to cook a turkey without wrecking the breast. The downside is that you get almost no juice for the gravy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
My mother and father in-law have one of those old Ronco rotisseries, I think that's actually the best way to cook a turkey without wrecking the breast. The downside is that you get almost no juice for the gravy.
Your Mom married/shacked up with your Wife's Dad?

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Heavily Cajun spiced deep fried turkey is some of the best meat I've ever put into my gullet. No level of ham is ever going to come close to the juicy, tender, deliciousness. Ham is just shitty bacon or pork belly anyway. #changemymind

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I know we're going on tangents now and may require combination with the actual cooking thread. But stay with me here if you're not weak. This is the only lasagna I make anymore when I make lasagna. It's that good.

Lasagna That's Plant-Based, No-Oil & Low-Fat? And Delicious? Absolutely! The "Enlightened" No-Oil Low-Fat Version of Chef Chloe's Ooh-La-La Lasagna
Woah, Soygen Soygen didn't tell me that this thread has a lasagna derail in it...

you gotta use the good cheese for a quality holiday lasagna:

vrp3Zps.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
THe lovely Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus actually asked the other night what all would be involved with us doing a brisket for Xmas dinner with her family. Breaking solidly from the turkey/ham tradition there, but I'm down with this idea.

• 1Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Thanksgiving is always turkey. Which I bring to the party (12-16 people) I start on Tuesday with a apple cider brine, brine for a day, let rest over night to get some of the excess liquid out, then oven at 350 , basting with an apple cider glaze... comes out like this:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/gNM7heEbjiajoADw7

Xmas-prime rib ham and lamb.

• 1Like