Thats Racist ! (Rich old man in LA buys and sells black folks)

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Someone, somewhere being racist is a silly thing to be outraged over. Americans are so easily "outraged" these days, and always seem to believe that their outrage grants them some kind of right or privilege.
I don't know what possible right one could be granted from their outrage, pretty sure the only right they have is to be outraged.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
You can move on with your life and not give a shit, others have decided to be outraged and it seems to piss you off, why are you upset that the younger generation isn't going to condone racist pieces of shit?
I'm not suggesting that anyone "condone" the guy. I just doubt the purity of their motivations. I would bet that most of these people wagging their dicks about this guy would let the same thing go if their 85 year old grandmother said it. At most they would say "Grandma that's inappropriate" and I seriously doubt they would think it's necessary for her life to be ruined. Don't confuse mob mentality for any real principle.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I'm not suggesting that anyone "condone" the guy. I just doubt the purity of their motivations. I would bet that most of these people wagging their dicks about this guy would let the same thing go if their 85 year old grandmother said it. At most they would say "Grandma that's inappropriate" and I seriously doubt they would think it's necessary for her life to be ruined. Don't confuse mob mentality for any real principle.
If Grandma had members of minorities that she apparently has such a low opinion of who were forced to work for her in order to be employed at the pinnacle of their profession, then I would consider it more than just inappropriate. I would consider it very much appropriate if her business partners decided that their relationship with Grandma was no longer mutually beneficial for them to have sever that relationship.

And the guy's life is not going to be ruined. He's a rich bigot that's going to be an even richer bigot if and when he sells the team.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Why couldn't this guy find a white gold digging PHD student or something to be his 'archivist.' There's plenty of them.

The fact that he sticks his dick in that thing, and then is worried about other people knowing that black men also stick their dick in that thing, is fucking hilarious.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
If Grandma had members of minorities that she apparently has such a low opinion of who were forced to work for her in order to be employed at the pinnacle of their profession, then I would consider it more than just inappropriate. I would consider it very much appropriate if her business partners decided that their relationship with Grandma was no longer mutually beneficial for them to have sever that relationship.
If the business partners want to take action then that's their prerogative. I'm referring to all the blowhards preaching on TV and the internet. Of course the business partners have known about this guy for years and never did anything, so I doubt that they really give a shit either.

Royal

If the business partners want to take action then that's their prerogative. I'm referring to all the blowhards preaching on TV and the internet. Of course the business partners have known about this guy for years and never did anything, so I doubt that they really give a shit either.
So those who find his sentiments repugnant should do what exactly? Nothing, in your view?

Regardless if his business partners knew about Sterling's attitudes towards minorities, those attitudes never managed to gain enough prominence to undermine their business interests, until now. That's the impetus for their action. If the public at large just shrugged their shoulders and moved on, as you seem to think they should, then they (the other owners) would have gone on not caring overly much about Sterling's attitudes.

The marketplace worked as it should, on it's better days.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
So just another case of someone being upset with one caveat, you aren't upset about the racist, you are upset that people are upset about a racist.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
And now there is no racism anymore right? Or at least less than there used to be? We accomplished what again?

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
And now there is no racism anymore right? Or at least less than there used to be? We accomplished what again?
I think they accomplished one less racist NBA owner with their outrage, have you managed to accomplish one less outraged person with your outrage?

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
We don't even really know yet if they can force him to sell the team. There's a good chance when next season starts they'll still be in litigation.

iannis

Musty Nester
I'm sure they can force him to sell. The question is how long that process will take.

If he's obstinate he can probably delay it for the rest of his life, and then it will be forcing his estate to sell.

You can see why the other rich dudes would tolerate him, tbh, so long as he was smart enough to not make national headlines. I mean after he dies what happens to the argument of forcing him out.

So it's still to the point where if the playersactuallywant change they're going to have to strike to obtain it. This victory goes beyond hollow.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
We know they can force him to sell the team, to think other wise is just you being fucking stupid as usual. He can drag it the fuck out as you suggested though, but that does nothing to change the eventual outcome.

iannis

Musty Nester
We know they can force him to sell the team, to think other wise is just you being fucking stupid as usual. He can drag it the fuck out as you suggested though, but that does nothing to change the eventual outcome.
No trolling. I think if he dies before the final judgement is rendered forcing him to sell, the initial argument for forcing him to sell completely falls apart.

How can he be hurting business and acting against the collective interest of the league when he's dead?

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
No trolling. I think if he dies before the final judgement is rendered forcing him to sell, the initial argument for forcing him to sell completely falls apart.

How can he be hurting business and acting against the collective interest of the league when he's dead?
I have no clue, but last I checked it's pretty hard to take anything with you to the after life and that includes an NBA team.

iannis

Musty Nester
That's what I mean. At that point ownership will devolve to his estate. There won't be any "him" any more to kick out.

He dies, it ends. Because we're talking about men who are sports-team rich, I find that to be the most probable outcome. Unless the players organize a strike. I don't think ANY of the owners really want to get into a protracted anti-trust battle. They don't want people thinking along those lines. That's worse for business than any sort of race-hate a single man could spew.

iannis

Musty Nester
Personally I think it's bullshit. But I'd respect the players a fair amount if they did organize. That would be effectively mobilizing to enact some social change (no matter how small).

That would be the sort of thing that... those men are role models, and for the most part they don't act it. They're just negroes who can run and throw a ball real good.

There's a cause here, underneath the predictable american outrage. I wouldn't blame them for pursuing it.

Royal

That's what I mean. At that point ownership will devolve to his estate. There won't be any "him" any more to kick out.
If he dies before it's resolved, I would expect people to start pointing to his wife being implicated in the discrimination lawsuits as grounds for continuing the forced sale of the team. That's a stickier wicket imo.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its all just some kind of neo-puritanism. you dont like the gay and the black and the illegals? ????
burn him/her!
nobody is entitled to their opinion anymore, we all have to keep our mouths shut even in the privacy of our own home because somebody somewhere might repeat what you said to certain authorities and YOU WILL BE PUNISHED IF YOUR VIEWS DO NOT JIBE WITH THEIRS.
it wont be long before message boards will be required to make people use their real names and locations so all of us will be answerable for what we say here.