The 100

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Goatface

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The 100

Genre: Drama, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2014-03-19

Creator: Jason Rothenberg

Cast: Marie Avgeropoulos, Henry Ian Cusick, Isaiah Washington, Richard Harmon, Eliza Taylor, Devon Bostick, Bob Morley, Christopher Larkin, Lindsey Morgan, Paige Turco

Overview: Based on the books by Kass Morgan, this show takes place 100 years in the future, when the Earth has been abandoned due to radioactivity. The last surviving humans live on an ark orbiting the planet — but the ark won't last forever. So the repressive regime picks 100 expendable juvenile delinquents to send down to Earth to see if the planet is still habitable.

Goatface

[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 117978[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]The 100[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Sci-Fi & Fantasy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2014-03-19[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Based on the books by Kass Morgan, this show takes place 100 years in the future, when the Earth has been abandoned due to radioactivity. The last surviving humans live on an ark orbiting the planet — but the ark won't last forever. So the repressive regime picks 100 expendable juvenile delinquents to send down to Earth to see if the planet is still habitable.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

If this shows has it own topic, merge or delete, but i have clue how to search for it.

more dumb than good, but found it mostly interesting.
couple of questions
are there multiple colonies in space or just the one?
are they in Northern Virginia?
book(s) any good or am i wasting my time with teen drama bs?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Honestly most of the CW show's now a days are pretty good, even if they tend towards teens. I thought the first episode was decent. I'll watch it to see where the story goes.

It seems like only one station

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
CW and their endless supply of hot chicks. Nice of them to show some ass and brutally murder 3 underaged kids.

This looks like a Hunger Games tv series with the two camps and the adults above fucking with them.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I watch some terrible shit, and am no stranger to CW programming, but I was tired of the stupidity and teen angst halfway through. It didn't help any that the douchebag with the knife is the fucking douchebag from Continuum, who absolutely makes me rage. If I could kill that guy's character in both shows, I'd be a much happier person.

That being said, I'll probably keep watching for a bit to see if it evens out a little and isn't so Lord of the Flies'ish. And the hot chick is worth tuning in for if they keep having her pose like that. Wow.

But I'm really not feeling it yet. Hopefully it gets better, otherwise I'll probably give up on it eventually.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
It's pretty meh, but yeah, just being sci-fi will keep me watching for a bit. Hot brunette is a bonus, too bad the main chic isn't really that attractive.

I watched the season preview at the end of the episode, which I pretty much never do. Was a mistake. Assholes spoiled the fact that:
Jasper, kid who took a spear to the chest, is somehow alive. Unless Jasper is just a really common name.

Not a huge deal, I just hate spoilers.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Noticed that also Raes, but wasn't surprised by it.
Premise is interesting enough to keep me watching, but yeah, way too teeny atm.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Also, the math is bothering me a bit. Trying to figure out how small the population of the space station is that getting rid of 100 kids extends their life support for a month, while still being large enough to have 100 underage criminals.

Edit: Not to mention the fact that getting rid of your young hardly seems like it's in the interest of the survival of your species.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Whole premise was ridiculous unless the book goes on to explain more of the background. 100 years and no one had any idea what state the earth is in, no scientific data had been collected, science has progressed to jettisoning 100 kids to earth to test things out. Yeah the sociopolitical back drop of the station and lord of the flies on earth.... Ugh, this was just bad.

Will watch, because sorta SciFi

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Geiger Counter

A device used to measure radiation levels in a particular area.

Why do they not possess one of these?? All this talk about " Radiation might be killing them, and nobody has even one of these devices? I guess it would not matter that much since it is a " Do and hope you do not die" kind of mission but it annoyed me at all the talk of radiation levels with no measuring device to be had. I also wondered about the space station population. It has been 97 years in space and they had a large enough population to breed 100 teenagers( All of whom look to be 17-20 years old)+ the non-criminals? That is a LARGE population. I guess there could be an age limit established though. At 50, you get air locked.

I loved the part where the blonde chick expresses her concern about the lack of animals. There are no animals and yet the trees apparently mutated to not require carbon dioxide to live?? I was hoping that something was going to come out and eat the deer, but the two headed gotchya was good enough. So yeah the show has a ways to go, but some of the premise is fun. If the kid that got gutted in the chest by a spear lives, there better be a damn good reason why or I stop watching the show right there. That was the best scene in the first episode as it showed that life indeed can be brutal. The last statement made me roll my eyes though, "We are not alone". You are also not in Kansas anymore, as I am sure that line will also be used. Thank you Captain Obvious.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The whole not sending them down with geiger counters and having them built into each of the braclets is more than dumb. Also the guy getting upset people are taking their bracelets off. Dude the people on the station sent 100 kids unequipped un supplied to die horribly why in gods name would anybody do anything to assist them?

Sure it may be nice to have farmers and engineers but chances of them letting you live if they do come down is pretty much nil so the people on the planet should do everything they can to encourage the people on the station to off themselves.

Goatface

the station did supposedly drop supplies

from comments and reviews from above, appears the book didn't do shit in terms of world building or explaining anything.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Will watch, because

UnsteadyCrazyArmyant.gif
ftfy

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I already rewatched that part like 20 times...I mean, uh, what?

@goatface The only supplies that I remember being discussed were the ones stored at the Mt. shelter they are heading to. Which I don't understand how they would be unspoiled after 100 years. Or why they would send these juvenile delinquents to find it, since it has a stockpile of weapons also. But, I digress.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Not only is that chick hot (but sorry, Sarah still has a nicer ass by miles) she has pretty awesome eyes

velk

Trakanon Raider
Also, the math is bothering me a bit. Trying to figure out how small the population of the space station is that getting rid of 100 kids extends their life support for a month, while still being large enough to have 100 underage criminals.

Edit: Not to mention the fact that getting rid of your young hardly seems like it's in the interest of the survival of your species.
It is not necessarily a linear relationship, they might be able to fix oxygen scrubbers much faster if they are offline, but not have enough capacity to keep the current population alive with one turned off.

Like trying to repair a car while driving it.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
It's a little vague, but apparently there was some kind of malfunction which threw the dropship off course. They were supposed to land a lot closer to the bunker.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database