The Al`kabor Project (EQMac) - PoP 1/5

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I installed yesterday and played about 8 hours. :)

My first impression is not quite as good as the first time I played EQ way back when, but way better than every time I've reinstalled the abomination that EQ Live mutated into. I'm pleasently surprised at how "right" the old world + PoK feels right now. I don't love PoP quite as much as the proverbial next guy, but I was bound at the fire pots before PoK existed, and tradeskills are a lot more fun when you don't need to visit 11 zones per combine.

I know there's a Magelo site for Al'kabor, but is there a Lucy with the correct items and spells? Or does the Magelo site cover those bases?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I know there's a Magelo site for Al'kabor, but is there a Lucy with the correct items and spells? Or does the Magelo site cover those bases?

edit - spell, magelo, items (alla clone) links put in OP

Last edited:

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
How stable is the PC client? How often can I expect to fall through the world, or get stuck on a Loading Please Wait... screen, or are there any other similar issues to be aware of before I get started?

Nothing like this typically happens anymore. The team has improved the base netcode I started tenfold; you won't be falling through the world or stuck zoning as much if at all.

The other awesome thing is the netcode desyncs don't happen ever anymore. You can AOE zones like you can on P99 now.

See this gameplay vid:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I was really impressed with the improvements, really was more than tenfold better than last year. If I wasn't having ISP troubles I would be logged in and playing right now. (Thinking about mobile hotspotting my phone ¶=)

Best classic EQ emu out there.

Hosix

All labs matter!
It's a great server with a solid community. I have a mid 50's crew and play every so often. Lots of helpful folks hand out gear and buffs. Plus the bazaar!

Noosh

Trakanon Raider
Nothing like this typically happens anymore. The team has improved the base netcode I started tenfold; you won't be falling through the world or stuck zoning as much if at all.

The other awesome thing is the netcode desyncs don't happen ever anymore. You can AOE zones like you can on P99 now.

See this gameplay vid:

Wow, that is amazing. I'm really happy the net code got fixed. Is this fix applied only to TAKP, or P2002 as well?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
P2002 doesn't get TAKP updates anymore because they are a bunch of hacks.

TAKP closed their code and p2002 stopped updating. They are currently in the process of switching to the p99 titanium client so they can steal other devs code work.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
How stable is the PC client? How often can I expect to fall through the world, or get stuck on a Loading Please Wait... screen, or are there any other similar issues to be aware of before I get started?

I'll add on to this just to say Secrets speaks the truth.

PC client is more stable than any emu I've played. I don't have issues really ever.

Feels super solid all around. Staff is dedicated to perfection and it shows. Torven's work authenticates stable release.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Per Lenas, I'm looking at this thread for fun.... I notice the other EMU server in direct competition with this one didn't get their thread made yet. Maybe it won't. Am I allowed to ask if that fight is still going on?

Edit: Never mind, read through the this thread and found out enough info for me.

Glad that this server is doing pretty well, and I hope it continues to grow. If I ever do get the itch to play EQ again, I'll look to load this up instead of burning a Kronos on a live server.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
If you ever get started on this server, I can probably give you some Plat/beginner gear. Finally in my 40s so the lguk loot keeps on rolling in.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Per Lenas, I'm looking at this thread for fun.... I notice the other EMU server in direct competition with this one didn't get their thread made yet. Maybe it won't. Am I allowed to ask if that fight is still going on?

Edit: Never mind, read through the this thread and found out enough info for me.

Glad that this server is doing pretty well, and I hope it continues to grow. If I ever do get the itch to play EQ again, I'll look to load this up instead of burning a Kronos on a live server.

This server is worth a try. I would be on more but kids + work= little time to play. I can kick some PP, buffs and random gear your way.

thefaceless

Golden Squire
I 3-boxed into the mid 50s, but the xp grind got to me and haven't played in a few months. That and fuck tradeskills. I don't know why I even bother with them.

Fenriz

Molten Core Raider
Looking into starting up on this server after I buy a new PC after not having one for years so I apologize for these basic bitch questions. Can you 2 box on dual monitors(one char each side) or do you have to tab between the two on one monitor?