The Americans

spronk

FPS noob
i just don't get why martha is still alive, it feels kinda forced with philip "confiding" in her. you just know she's gonna be the cause of everything going to shit

still love how stan is the most clueless FBI agent around but sometimes has amazing moments of insight

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Two episodes, a slow burn this season so far. That being said there are always so many fucked up situations, a lot of ethical dilemmas. Clearly what makes most people like Philip more. No bodies in suitcases yet this season.
Looks like Paige may have saved Pastor Tim from getting fucked. Find a way to play it back to him that she was just losing her fucking mind, which in Paige's fucked up position is justifiable! That being said, I am not so sure Pastor Tim is a dumbass or the obvious potential to be connected to the Russians'. Also fuck, this is really bro of me, but I need Phil & Stan to be friends again. Shits killing me! Nina still looking sexy as normal. Think Gene's death is going to start maybe building a scenario where the FBI starts sniffing out Phil & Elizabeth (which is obvious to some point with Martha).

I love this show, so much invested into the characters, and we all know its gonna crash and burn.

spronk

FPS noob
9p61kv5.gif

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Martha handled that dinner like a boss.

And Nina...damn. Those Russians took no time fetching a rug.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I can't believe we got a season and a half of Nina moping around in her sweat pants leading up to that. Just not sure what the point of that boring ass story line was if that's how it ends.

spronk

FPS noob
The Americans Season 4 Interview: Showrunners Talk Shocking
| Variety
Interview with actress who played Nina

i agree that the nina subplot kinda went nowhere but on the other hand the way the soviets took out nina was just so fucking brutal and something I am going to remember a LONG, long time. Apparently 100% accurate based on a book called Farewell -Amazon.com: Farewell: The Greatest Spy Story of the Twentieth Century- and the execution scene is lifted exactly like real life sentences the author witnessed, and all the details like the guards taking the possessions (so the prisoner thinks its really a transfer) to the death to the cleanup.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Oleg is definitely going to find out eventually and that will surely result in a dramatic change in his character. Maybe even partnering up with the FBI.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah Oleg is a talented dude. It can only lead to bad things, maybe even ratting out our main family.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, after I posted I thought that there's a good chance when Oleg finds out he goes straight to Stan and says "I'm an American spy now, tell me what you want to know", which would be pretty interesting.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The Americans Season 4 Interview: Showrunners Talk Shocking
| Variety
Interview with actress who played Nina

i agree that the nina subplot kinda went nowhere but on the other hand the way the soviets took out nina was just so fucking brutal and something I am going to remember a LONG, long time. Apparently 100% accurate based on a book called Farewell -Amazon.com: Farewell: The Greatest Spy Story of the Twentieth Century- and the execution scene is lifted exactly like real life sentences the author witnessed, and all the details like the guards taking the possessions (so the prisoner thinks its really a transfer) to the death to the cleanup.
gyuzp.gif

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Yea, Oleg is going to find out that his father betrayed him when he said that he would "help" Nina and then all bets are off. I love this show.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I made a comment on a post on social media about the obvious Oleg scenario, and all these old women started commenting back about how Oleg has no idea etc... Senile, clueless, and women. All natural fits.

spronk

FPS noob
that song at the end was fucking perfect, RIP david bowie

my eyes as we see Keri Russell's sweet, sweet ass in the last few moments. Stan the Man directed the episode too, so thanks Mr Beeman for that creative camera work

RVP2498.gif

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I always roll my eyes at FX's nudity "warnings" because 90% of them are just seeing 3 inches of Jax Teller's butt crack but that was pretty good.

Glad to hear Nina's staying on the network but going from The Americans to Tyrant is a pretty big step down. I saw the previews for Tyrant last night and pondered whether I could sit through another season of that show or not. If I watch it it will be out of sheer boredom.