The Americans

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I'd let Keri Russell sit on my lap, or face with that nice little butt.

I also always notice that every time Noah Emmerich (Stan fucking Beeman) directs an episode, it's dope. That guy is talented, and I love Stan.

So what's the betting odds that Martha gets fucked, Nina-style later tonight? I think she'll make it a few more weeks, but the walls are closing in!

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Fuck this season has been really good so far. I hope it keeps this pace, cause this is phenomenal. Can't fucking wait for next episode.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Tonight's episode was solid. Had a very distinct filming style. Apparently the director (Daniel Attias) has done two previous episodes and a lot of work ranging from The Wire-Lost etc. This show has always done a decent job of getting across some of those really emotional moments.

Next week could be really interesting with Martha's story arc coming to a close. Looks as if Stan is about to dig deeper into the case, and we are probably seeing how the show will start heading down the homestretch.

spronk

FPS noob
i think martha is gonna make it to russia, a russian general falls in love with her manly features, and they have a son... named Vladimir putin

spronk

FPS noob
whoah, 7 month time skip. Copperfield did his statue thing in April 1983 so its now Nov 1983. Interestingly the Soviets shot down a south korean passenger jet in August 1983, wonder if thats tied to the Korean lady.

Still got a number of years before the fall of the soviets though. Its too bad they took the gas pedal off the net circling around Liz and Philip, the tension was really ratcheting up and now its completely deflated. This episode was directed by Philip btw, his first

This was a fantastic article on how exactly Copperfield did his trick, its so simple lol
Video: How David Copperfield Made The Statue Of Liberty Disappear In The '80s: Gothamist

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I was waiting for Martha to get the Nina treatment for the whole episode. Glad she didn't. I remember Copperfield making the Statue of Liberty disappear even though I was only 6 years old at the time. Kinda cool to hear how it was done all these years later.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, what a huge time skip. Surprising reset in the middle of the season.

Also if you caught the preview for next week Elizabeth and Philip are discussing the fact that the reason they are still running the viruses for the KGB, is for them to eventually get sick and die. I'm guessing since they have been slippin' up. Although that seems like it could be some paranoia. Would be a huge, abrupt turn after this already surprising fast forward. Still really, really liking the season.

spronk

FPS noob
i think the trailer played with the wording to imply "we" as in them, but I am pretty sure the "we" Liz meant is "Russians". ie the Muricans are making viruses to kill ruskis, so naturally Liz feels its her patriotic duty to stop it and thats what she uses to get Philip back into the game from their "vacation".

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
i think the trailer played with the wording to imply "we" as in them, but I am pretty sure the "we" Liz meant is "Russians". ie the Muricans are making viruses to kill ruskis, so naturally Liz feels its her patriotic duty to stop it and thats what she uses to get Philip back into the game from their "vacation".
1000%. I remember having to walk over to my tv because the audio was so fucking muffled. Now watching it again, it is clearly like you said. Now that I can actually watch it with the visuals. My mind was getting all creative and paranoid, fucking The Americans. Turning me into a feign.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
It felt like I've waited three seasons for Phillip and Elizabeth to finally stop coddling Paige, that was a bit satisfying. I still wish that she had been shipped off to Russia as all of the circumlocuitous family drama regarding her has detracted from the rest of the show for me. Apart from that though the show and this season have been fairly entertaining.

Also I vote for Gabriel as the most sympathetic character of the season. He's pretty much a full time shrink and father who never gets paid and who has to clean up other peoples messes day or night without any thanks beyond Phillip's petulant glares.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I'm curious as to whether Gabriel will be flipped in a villainous way, or if he is just a master "life coach". Definitely agree Paige's story has been pretty fucking annoying at times, but I'm guessing it will have some major importance, eventually.

spronk

FPS noob
gets final two-season order | EW.com
FX has given the acclaimed drama series a final, two-season pickup. A 13-episode fifth season will air in 2017, with a 10-episode sixth and final season to follow in 2018.

Three more episodes (including tonight) this season I believe. I think they could have really wrapped up the show in one more season, I hope they don't wait for the last few episodes for shit to hit the fan.

unrelated, but Starz is also going to move its saturday night programming (Black Sails, Outlander, etc) to Sundays

spronk

FPS noob
1pFeat8.gif

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Fuck, I love Stan.

Pleasantly surprised to find out tonight was not the finale, not sure why I thought it was. Season doesn't feel like it was long, kinda just glided into the ending. Unless the finale is S2 crazy, then I don't think this season has quite been S2 quality (Season 2 is a lot to live up to.). That being said, I always enjoy this show and it has potential to end incredibly strong.

spronk

FPS noob
i'm pretty sure the show is gonna do yet another liz and philip reset, which is my big issue. the showrunners seem too afraid to shake things up too much, show would be A tier for me if shit went down for real for the family but it never really does - just side characters get fucked up and die. With only two seasons left I'm betting next seasons finale is one of the two getting caught and the final season is the two of them seeing Russia fall apart and changing sides.

one interesting thing though is Robert Hanssen, who was an FBI mole in DC for the Russians starting around 1985 which is around the current show time I think? It went on for years and years, I really hope Stan the Man isn't that character.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Perestroika didn't really take hold until 87-88. Up until then, things were still pretty solid on the Cold War front. I'm pretty sure the current season is 83. So unless the series skips a couple years over the next two seasons (which is possible) we won't see the USSR truly fall apart in the show's lifetime.

I'd imagine the show will conclude with an indication of the upcoming changes under Gorbachev starting in 85 and simply hint at the "winds of change" that we all know are coming after. Who the fuck knows though?