The Animal Activism Crazy Thread

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The idiocy of not pulling over to the shoulder has nothing to do with the animals.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
She didn't pull of the road and he was obviously not watching the road.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Who stops for animals?
Me. Fuck getting their blood and shit all over my car.

Unless its a deer. I do like to eat me some deer. Anywho, this is why you don't fucking tailgate/drive to fast, especially in a deathmobile. Dumb ass tailgater in a cycle gets waxed, news at 11

iannis

Musty Nester
That's pretty dumb all around. She stopped on a highway. That wasn't some residential street. She stopped on a highway. I expect that's where criminal negligence comes in. You don't stop your car in a lane on the highway.

Of course, a biker who was following close enough to her to wipeout is also deserving of his fair share of "I'm just too stupid to live". The tragedy is that he pulled his daughter into his suicide.

That story really had nothing at all to do with the ducks.

iannis

Musty Nester
And you're damn straight I stop for deer. If you ever hit one you will also learn to stop for deer.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Deer:Rural::Rats:Urban

Fuck those things. Bambi's mother deserved to die.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wouldn't really call her an animal activists. I know plenty of women who told me they will intentionally swerve their cars to avoiding hitting a dog/cat/etc. Don't wanna kill the cute you know!

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Am I the only one troubled by the current trend of being more concerned with animal well being than that of humans?
I'm an animal guy so yeah, I've no issue with animals > people. In this case? She really shouldn't have stopped on a frigging highway - sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. The only animal I ever hit was a rabbit, and I was driving down a very dark, very winding road and it popped out at the last second. Had I tried to avoid it I could very well have seriously injured myself and my passenger, so the choice was easy, even if I do really wish I hadn't run it over.

I have a friend (she's religious to some extent) who says in every case humans > animals. So I asked, if someone put a gun to your head and said either they'd kill your pets or Jeffery Dahmer, who'd you pick to live? She said Dahmer. I can't agree with that. If you'd pick your pets (and feel free to substitute any other human there - the worst you can think of), then all we're arguing is where to draw the line.

iannis

Musty Nester
Humans are animals, too, you realize.

Given the choice between my species and another species? Yep. My species every time. Even if it's Hitler versus a dolphin.

Whack that fucking dolphin. We'll deal with Hitler in our time. We'll even mourn the dolphin. Sure as shit ain't nothing on this planet ever going to mourn US getting extinctinated.

Except maybe some specific bacteria. But they don't count.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Wouldn't you be an accessory of some sort if you told them to kill Dahmer over your pets? I would think animal life is considered expendable over human life by law.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Dahmer vs dogs?

Shit, there aren't many people I wouldn't be willing to kill to save my puppy. Especially babies.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I would extinctify an entire breed of dogs or any other animal rather than blindly choose a human to die so glibly like that.

In the human vs animals I choose human every time.

iannis

Musty Nester
I mean humans should be smart enough that it never comes to that choice. We also need to point that out. There is a responsibility.

But we're stipulating that something super-stupid happened, and that choice has come.

Flank_sl

shitlord
If animals want to play live action frogger then we should not make it easy for them, let alone get out of the car to stop the game altogether.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
This has nothing to do with animal activism.
Ya... I was extremely intoxicated when I posted this thread. I intended to make a big long post with multiple articles but got bored after I had already started and said 'fuck it'.

Feel free to shaw.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The best animal activism to hate is when some valuable infrastructure or project gets blocked because of some specific breed of wild animal is located there and would have one of its few (or only) habitats destroyed by that project.

The problem with assessing those stories is that you never know when that endangered animal is just a red herring and the real reason a project is being opposed is because it's dumb. You saw this earlier this year with that cattle rancher in Nevada:
Everything you need to know about the long fight between Cliven Bundy and the federal government - The Washington Post
s a war on for your mind!

The tortoise was just a smoke screen thrown up by the ranchers and quickly accepted by stupid people.