The Animal Activism Crazy Thread

Troll_sl

shitlord
That goes for slacktivism in general. People don't research what they're fighting for. So they fight for stupid shit, wasting time and resources. It's not just an animal rights issue.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
I've started unfriending people from Facebook that post nothing but "adopt this fucking dog" pictures and stories about dogs.

You know, if I gave a fuck about dogs I'd subscribe to some dog newsletter. Shut the fuck up about fucking dogs. I may start posting that Chinese picture of the dogs strung up for sale in reply.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The cyclist wasn't tailgating her, her car was stopped long enough for her to get out of it and try to shoo the ducks off the road. So while what she did was indeed criminally stupid, I think throwing the book at her is ridiculous considering that the cyclist was clearly paying absolutely zero attention to the road.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Was this in the middle of the night with all her lights turned off or happen at like the crest of a hill or something?
I've started unfriending people from Facebook that post nothing but "adopt this fucking dog" pictures and stories about dogs.

You know, if I gave a fuck about dogs I'd subscribe to some dog newsletter. Shut the fuck up about fucking dogs. I may start posting that Chinese picture of the dogs strung up for sale in reply.
People are really starting to piss me off with animals(specifically fucking dogs);

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=694219627281934

Fuck you and your worthless "ptsd" dog. Sick and fucking tired of going into a god damn store and seeing fucking mongoloid heathens with a dog beside them.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Fuck you and your worthless "ptsd" dog. Sick and fucking tired of going into a god damn store and seeing fucking mongoloid heathens with a dog beside them.
Why does it seem to traumatize you that someone has a dog in a store you are in? Did you get PTSD from the ptsd dog?

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Well for one the VA clearly defines the difference between a dog for someone with ptsd(aka emotional support dog) and someone with a disability(aka service dog);

Dogs and PTSD - PTSD: National Center for PTSD

emotional support dog =/= service dog

But more to the point, the law that covers "service dogs" is a horrible and shitty law. No universal identification combined with business owners being barred from checking the validity of a dog means any two bit fucktard can claim they have a service dog.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I'm still not getting the big deal here. Is it because you want to take your own dog and don't, thereby feel resentment towards people that do? Or is it because you think dogs in a store you are in are a gigantic problem? You just seem to feel very strongly about this and I'm curious why.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Oh am sorry is it wrong to be offended by dogs coming up to you and smelling you and trying to lick you in a fucking grocery or convenient store?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Oh am sorry is it wrong to be offended by dogs coming up to you and smelling you and trying to lick you in a fucking grocery or convenient store?
Yes. You must let them sniff your balls. It is in the Americans with Disabilities Act. Only disabled people may prevent service dogs from sniffing them or defecating on their person or personal effects.

As an aside, it's rather simple to acquire the 'harnesses'. Though the best ones are the 'service dog in training' bullshit ones. Think about it, you get to drag your dog around as a service dog, don't have to have a disability AND it can do whatever it wants and you can just claim 'oh sorry its just in training!'.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I'd take dogs over peoples fucking obnoxious children in stores.
Or people that use this shit with their kids and take up the entire aisle.

rrr_img_69675.jpg

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
BP, do you have a lot problems with people bringing their service dogs around? For me at least service dogs are very rare and when they are they are well behaved and used by people I don't mind getting whatever help they can.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
BP, do you have a lot problems with people bringing their service dogs around? For me at least service dogs are very rare and when they are they are well behaved and used by people I don't mind getting whatever help they can.
Real service dogs are not a problem, but there is a recent trend of people getting their shrinks to write letters saying that because they have "anxiety" they can take their totally untrained dog on planes and anywhere else that they might like to take it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Real service dogs are not a problem, but there is a recent trend of people getting their shrinks to write letters saying that because they have "anxiety" they can take their totally untrained dog on planes and anywhere else that they might like to take it.
I've never seen that. Roughly how many of those dogs are there in the US?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I don't know, I never fly anymore, but I have heard people complaining about it the last couple years. It must be somewhat common because some airports now have designated areas for dogs to shit.

iannis

Musty Nester
Service dogs won't lick you or ask to be petted.

Always ask the owner if you can pet a service dog. And don't stare them down like you would a normal dog. Those dogs have a job, but they ARE dogs... and if you stare at them they're not gonna just ignore you.

People getting "mommy notes" to bring their shitbreed mutts on airplanes is sort of lul.

Source: I know a woman that trains them for the State. Maybe she's just super anal about training them, but that's what she's always said whenever asked. And she'll slap a bitch if they try to pet her dog without asking her first.