The Animal Activism Crazy Thread

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I personally don't care whether it's an elk or a lion. If you need to shoot an animal in order to feed yourself or your family, fine I get it. If you're some sort of conservationist, and at some point that requires you to kill animals to save other animals or people, ok I get it. But if you derive joy from performing either of these actions-- as in you find it pretty cool to hear some elk moaning and coughing up foamy blood while you stand over it taking a selfie, then imho you're a piece of shit.

This bimbo is using the guise of "conservation" to justify her menagerie of slaughter. If we were to dare to assume for a second that true conservation required killing leopards, lions, and jaguars, a true "conservationist" would do the deed and derive no joy or laughter from it, and would see it as a necessary evil. He wouldn't be posting smiling trophy pics on Facebook emphasizing what a badass he is.

Edit: Asked a prolific hunter at the office, and while he said that killing an elephant/rhino with a bow has been done before, it's extremely rare and unlikely. 95% of the time your "backup" (who's wielding a rifle) has to kill the beast when he charges you after you miss the vital spot (or don't penetrate deep enough) needed to fell it with an arrow.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
So your backup is like a golf caddy? Lol golf inst a sport either,ha
I didn't know that golf caddies actually swing clubs or sink balls... The "backup" in question actually kills the animal, he doesn't hand the person holding a bow a rifle when the shit hits the fan.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Something to consider is that being shot by a hunter is literally the quickest and most painless way that a wild animal can die. It's way better than being torn apart alive by animal predators and/or starving to death in old age because they don't have enough teeth to eat anymore which are pretty much the other options.

When it comes to elk, deer, etc. hunters are *the* management strategy. There are not natural predators capable of holding the numbers in check. Of course it's an option to reintroduce predators, but wolves and such wreak havoc on livestock, don't contribute to the economy in the way hunters do, and you can't get the wolves to kill more or less depending on what is good for the deer or elk population. African lions are one thing, but that is a miniscule fraction of the hunting that is done on any given year. When it comes to more common hunting targets, I don't think you can make any kind of a reasonable argument that hunting isn't an excellent and necessary conservation tool.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I would really love to get into hunting, but man you really have to know somebody who hunts.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
I would really love to get into hunting, but man you really have to know somebody who hunts.
Weren't you the dude who like two pages back accused people who hunted with guns to be pussies? Grab a spear and walk in the woods.

Or if you want to hunt like a pussy, anything between .30-30-.30-06 is deer caliber.

Actually, start with .22LR and pop some squirrels, learn to clean, gut and eat them then progress onto bigger.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Weren't you the dude who like two pages back accused people who hunted with guns to be pussies? Grab a spear and walk in the woods.

Or if you want to hunt like a pussy, anything between .30-30-.30-06 is deer caliber.

Actually, start with .22LR and pop some squirrels, learn to clean, gut and eat them then progress onto bigger.
I accused Lion hunters, specifically, of being pussies.

You're a fucking retard.