The Animal Activism Crazy Thread

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, thousands of fat white guys are out killing shit all over the world and one hot blonde does it and the world goes crazy.

I just don't like the mentality that all non-human animals are created equally.

I would wager that the most intelligent white tailed deer is not as intelligent as an average big cat.

for that reason, i do not support hunting big cats, dolphins.. basically everything that's obviously self-aware; self-awareness beyond that of say a frog which obviously will run to avoid dying. i'm talking real emotions.

i really don't see why that's crazy. if a dolphin is capable of saying goodbye to its buddies because it knows it's trapped... then yea... real emotions.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
My issue with Lion hunting is that there is no difficulty or danger involved. It ain't no Ghost and the Darkness bullshit. You get led out into the field by a guide, Lions are incredibly easy to find, generally don't react at all to people, you get out of the truck and line up an easy zero stress shot with a giant gun. Pussy shit.

There's actually some sport to hunting prey animals or smaller predators.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
I support big game hunters who drop like $5000 to kill a lion, and thereby support the local economy and conservation.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Real emotions.......................................... .................
There is pretty much zero scientific doubt that the higher mammals at least experience emotion, pretty much in the exact same way we do. At least the more basic ones, like fear, joy, etc. So yeah, dogs, cats, dolphins, elephants, etc, they have real emotions.

It gets murkier when you talk about more complex emotions like jealousy, but even in those cases, there is pretty strong evidence backing it up.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Sport implies competition, as in both sides stand a fighting chance of winning. So I fail to see the sport in taking a semi-automatic rifle and blowing away an elephant from 100 yards away. It takes zero fucking skill (assuming you can hit the broad side of a barn) and the elephant has zero chance of "winning", let alone "competing".

I get into this argument ALL the time with the locals, since everybody here fucking hunts, and you can't imagine the justifications I hear. Supposedly having to carry ammo, keep your gun clean, not make noise, and buying a specialized truck flatbed liner for efficient blood run off makes it a "sport". At my old job, one of the senior execs would annually travel to Africa to shoot an elephant, because "they're overpopulated". Fucking scumbag.

Sylverlokk

Golden Knight of the Realm
You don't stop your car in a lane on the highway.
This. When I was a kid my mom was driving me and my brother on the Pasadena Freeway in LA. We came AROUND A TIGHT CURVE and some jackass was changing his tire IN THE FAST LANE. Needless to say my brother lost 2 teeth, and got a cracked head (he was in the front) my mom hurt her arms and legs and all I got was some bruises. The car was totaled, so much so that the tow truck driver who came to tow us said it should not have been able to move over to the shoulder at all. Seeing my little brothers face all bloody if I hadn't been like 8 I woulda punched that jackass. This was the kind of thing that very easily could have chained into a 20 car pile up. Ugh.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Sport implies competition,
rrr_img_70824.jpg

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
My issue with Lion hunting is that there is no difficulty or danger involved. It ain't no Ghost and the Darkness bullshit. You get led out into the field by a guide, Lions are incredibly easy to find, generally don't react at all to people, you get out of the truck and line up an easy zero stress shot with a giant gun. Pussy shit.

There's actually some sport to hunting prey animals or smaller predators.
I more or less agree with you but yes there's danger involved.

If an animal is a nuisance (ex: Deer in Michigan) I promote them being hunted. If they're plentiful enough I'm okay with it. No idea how true that is for lions and safari's and shit. I'd hate to think that enough lions were being hunted that their population would be slowly dwindling. I don't care about real emotions as much as Azeth, but lions are top 10 coolest animals of all time so I want them to be all over the place (just not around me...).

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I more or less agree with you but yes there's danger involved.

If an animal is a nuisance (ex: Deer in Michigan) I promote them being hunted. If they're plentiful enough I'm okay with it. No idea how true that is for lions and safari's and shit. I'd hate to think that enough lions were being hunted that their population would be slowly dwindling. I don't care about real emotions as much as Azeth, but lions are top 10 coolest animals of all time so I want them to be all over the place (just not around me...).
That's modern day Darwinism in action. If the guy doesn't deserve to get his head bitten off for trying to shoot such a magnificent creature for no better reason than to inflate his ego, then he deserves to get LionRaped for being such a shitty shot.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Endangered? No? Who fuck cares?

This thread is thick with faggots.

Hunters do more for conservation by buying hunting licenses than you effeminates do by getting squeamish at blood.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Sport implies competition, as in both sides stand a fighting chance of winning. So I fail to see the sport in taking a semi-automatic rifle and blowing away an elephant from 100 yards away. It takes zero fucking skill (assuming you can hit the broad side of a barn) and the elephant has zero chance of "winning", let alone "competing".

I get into this argument ALL the time with the locals, since everybody here fucking hunts, and you can't imagine the justifications I hear. Supposedly having to carry ammo, keep your gun clean, not make noise, and buying a specialized truck flatbed liner for efficient blood run off makes it a "sport". At my old job, one of the senior execs would annually travel to Africa to shoot an elephant, because "they're overpopulated". Fucking scumbag.
You sound like someone who has no fucking clue what you're talking about here. I don't hunt, but you're doing some ass talking in this post. Hunting is not dangerous, but it is challenging, and the animals "win" (get away) all the time.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Endangered? No? Who fuck cares?

This thread is thick with faggots.

Hunters do more for conservation by buying hunting licenses than you effeminates do by getting squeamish at blood.
Who is squeamish at blood?

I don't mind hunting nuisance animals, which lions can be. I'm on the fence with hunting for sport unless you plan on eating or donating the animal, then I'm ok with it.

I have a bigger problem with people who hunt endangered animals (tigers, cheetahs) though. But then again I am not a bleeding heart faggot when it comes to animals.

That post about Steven Spielberg is pretty spot on. You could replace his name and put a picture of any other animal in the world and that's what I see on facebook all day.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
serious, what do these lion hunters do with a lion once dead? do they take selfies and leave it to rot or cut off the head? or carry it back to camp? i can understand hunting deer, they're horrible fuckers, i drive a civic and a suburu and close encounters with deer make me wanna get a truck with deer killer spikes. Not so i can mow them down, just so they won't cause an accident to me.

but i see nothing wrong with getting a license, paying a nice fee to state, buying some rifle, learning how to shoot, getting that flatbed liner thing, i guess this is all in the upkeep, then shooting a deer bring it back home and have 80lbs of venison for the winter.

i mean thats pretty cool, i can butcher a chicken really well, and thats it (i guess filet a fish also)

i think of this scene with tywin and jamie when i think of ppl hunting then butchering a deer.

i also see nothing wrong with paying a huge hunters fee to hunt a trophy animal if that keeps the zoo/conservation going, those lazy animals gotta give back!