The asexual misanthrope thread - where Mist has something to add

Fucker

Log Wizard
I'm really not that socially awkward. I mainly just hate being around men, which is funny since almost all my friends in high school were guys, since all the hobbies I was into like computers and magic/D&D were extremely male centric. Men just smell bad and they're gross, and that's not even getting into their shitty personalities.

It's just that once I finally stopped bumming around the university forever and entered corporate America, meeting likeminded women was suddenly off the table. Former employer was a bunch of barely functioning alcoholic breeders who groomed any new hires into being fellow alcoholics at an alarmingly fast rate, definitely wasn't meeting any cute gay girls there. New employer is more gay-friendly but it's 100% remote scattered all over the country, and that's not going to change because we sell/implement all this unified communications shit that companies use to go remote. No one I know even lives within a few states of me.

Basically, being gay was fun when it was low effort in college, now it just isn't worth the effort. When I was 34, just before I joined the corporate workforce, I had a really hot girlfriend like 8 years younger than me for ~10 weeks before I got sick of her shit because she was spoiled by parents who didn't know she was gay and she wanted to go to restaraunts 3 meals a day, and I was secretly fucking broke at the time. But it was fun while it lasted and it's never going to get better than that, so fuck it.
Keep at it. You'll find someone who will blow your doors off.

To help, I shall fornit some fornis for you.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Straight men really should be able to understand lesbians a lot better. Think of all of the reasons you're not attracted to men. Yeah, those, same.

Yeah, you probably got too much testosterone in the womb. Not enough to make you a trans autist but enough to make your ring finger longer than your index

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, you probably got too much testosterone in the womb. Not enough to make you a trans autist but enough to make your ring finger longer than your index
It definitely wasn't in the womb, it's probably the fact that I gave myself anorexia to delay/block/mitigate puberty, which definitely led to me having lower estrogen levels.

Stuff was weird back then.

Computers were still considered a gender neutral interest in the 80s and my only other 'masculine' interests were Legos (still fairly gender neutral.) I watched some 'boy' cartoons like He-Man and Thundercats, but in retrospect this was extremely common among gay girls and/or straight tomboys around the same age as me, especially He-Man.) However, I also watched girl cartoons like Carebears and My Little Pony and Jem. Jem and Clarissa Explains it All both had girls as main characters who were really into technology and computers so I didn't think of it as a boy thing at all.

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
As someone who has dated tomboys almost exclusively and married one, I can confirm what Mist is saying. The girl I used to fingerblast in my post college years was into all those shows, along with Secret Life of Alex Mack, Golden Girls, and Designing Women. Plus every tomboy I dated fucking loves Indiana Jones for some reason. And all but my wife were huge Billy Joel and Heart fans. Strange pattern, but I followed it none the less. In my experience, the defining line between tomboy and carpet muncher seems to be the prevalence of Subaru ownership and the amount of flannel in the wardrobe.

• 2Worf
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
As someone who has dated tomboys almost exclusively and married one, I can confirm what Mist is saying. The girl I used to fingerblast in my post college years was into all those shows, along with Secret Life of Alex Mack, Golden Girls, and Designing Women. Plus every tomboy I dated fucking loves Indiana Jones for some reason. And all but my wife were huge Billy Joel and Heart fans. Strange pattern, but I followed it none the less. In my experience, the defining line between tomboy and carpet muncher seems to be the prevalence of Subaru ownership and the amount of flannel in the wardrobe.
Jim Carrey Chance GIF

So you're saying Mist Mist is one car crash away from dating fat, sweaty, hairy, mean and superior male nerds?

• 2Worf

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
It definitely wasn't in the womb, it's probably the fact that I gave myself anorexia to delay/block/mitigate puberty, which definitely led to me having lower estrogen levels.

Is your ring finger longer than your index?

I believe sexuality is determined/heavily influenced in the womb, not at puberty.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Straight men really should be able to understand lesbians a lot better. Think of all of the reasons you're not attracted to men. Yeah, those, same.
This statement seemes off...

I don't date women because I hate men. I date women because I am attracted to women. Also the thought of sucking a dick makes me throw up a little in my mouth.

As for who I prefer to hang out with? It's usually guys. Women are cute, but holy shit can they be annoying. My closest friends are all guys because it's easier to be around them without wanting to kill anyone.

Hunting and gathering is a great way to secure food in a time before agriculture. It's also a great way to get some god damn peace and quiet.

Human males early life be like:
"Take my chances with some wild beast that might end my life at any second, or listen to Bergda talk about how Oogdas beads are prettier than anyone else's for the 30th time....?"

*grabs spear and water skin and heads out*

You fuck women because you hate stereotypical men.

I fuck women because I am a stereotypical man.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This statement seemes off...

I don't date women because I hate men. I date women because I am attracted to women. Also the thought of sucking a dick makes me throw up a little in my mouth.

As for who I prefer to hang out with? It's usually guys. Women are cute, but holy shit can they be annoying. My closest friends are all guys because it's easier to be around them without wanting to kill anyone.

Hunting and gathering is a great way to secure food in a time before agriculture. It's also a great way to get some god damn peace and quiet.

Human males early life be like:
"Take my chances with some wild beast that might end my life at any second, or listen to Bergda talk about how Oogdas beads are prettier than anyone else's for the 30th time....?"

*grabs spear and water skin and heads out*

You fuck women because you hate stereotypical men.

I fuck women because I am a stereotypical man.
You missed the entire point. It's not about who you'd rather spend time with or anything else.

I have no more desire to be up close and intimate with a man than you do, and honestly probably less considering how fucking gay most of you dudes here are.

• 2Worf

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
I'm really I mainly just hate being around men... Men just smell bad and they're gross, and that's not even getting into their shitty personalities.
This statement is why I didn't believe you when you claimed we are not attracted to men for the same reasons.

I was countering that my rejection for romantic connections with men has nothing to do with my ability to be around them.

From your statements, it seems like your preference relies on things you can experience and sense. That was the observation I was making.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm really not that socially awkward. I mainly just hate being around men, which is funny since almost all my friends in high school were guys, since all the hobbies I was into like computers and magic/D&D were extremely male centric. Men just smell bad and they're gross, and that's not even getting into their shitty personalities.

It's just that once I finally stopped bumming around the university forever and entered corporate America, meeting likeminded women was suddenly off the table. Former employer was a bunch of barely functioning alcoholic breeders who groomed any new hires into being fellow alcoholics at an alarmingly fast rate, definitely wasn't meeting any cute gay girls there. New employer is more gay-friendly but it's 100% remote scattered all over the country, and that's not going to change because we sell/implement all this unified communications shit that companies use to go remote. No one I know even lives within a few states of me.

Basically, being gay was fun when it was low effort in college, now it just isn't worth the effort. When I was 34, just before I joined the corporate workforce, I had a really hot girlfriend like 8 years younger than me for ~10 weeks before I got sick of her shit because she was spoiled by parents who didn't know she was gay and she wanted to go to restaraunts 3 meals a day, and I was secretly fucking broke at the time. But it was fun while it lasted and it's never going to get better than that, so fuck it.

I know the feeling. I had a tremendously fun Puerto Rican girlfriend, about five years younger than me, in 2013-2014. Lasted about 3-4 months over the winter. She was interested in everything I was, liked traveling with me, and just made everything so -easy- in a way no one else has. She was also fucking gorgeous and would always ask me what I wanted her to wear. Like we'd go out and she'd model all kinds of sexy outfits for me and then she'd buy whatever I liked. Told me I could have sex with her any time I wanted, no matter where we were (we wasted a LOT of shower water). She was a goddamn unicorn.

Unfortunately I had just gotten out of a long relationship right before that and wasn't ready for another one. Was sowing my wild oats for the first time. I was hooking up with two other girls the same time I was hooking up with her and at first she tolerated it, but then she got feelings and wanted me to be exclusive. I waffled about it for a few days, then she decided we wanted different things and dumped me via text.

None of the other things I was doing lasted and I've regretted that ever since, cause nothing ever got better than she was. I had a unicorn who was down for everything and I blew it, just like I've ruined half of the good things I've ever had going.

Got back with my ex (the long term one) for a few years in the late 2010's and that was a lot of fun, but eventually it petered out again. Basically been a-sexual since 2020 started, mopey about the good old days and sometimes morose as fuck.

Feels like it's dumb to be this way and I should be getting out and finding a new person. Who knows, it might be another unicorn. I've got zero drive though. Just zilch. It's easier to pine over what was than it is to face the challenge of "what could be". The least people can do is not push me about it, already feel bad enough that my mom doesn't have grandkids and I'm in my late 30's. Also feel bad that I feel bad. It's a merry go round of negativity.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I know the feeling. I had a tremendously fun Puerto Rican girlfriend, about five years younger than me, in 2013-2014. Lasted about 3-4 months over the winter. She was interested in everything I was, liked traveling with me, and just made everything so -easy- in a way no one else has. She was also fucking gorgeous and would always ask me what I wanted her to wear. Like we'd go out and she'd model all kinds of sexy outfits for me and then she'd buy whatever I liked. Told me I could have sex with her any time I wanted, no matter where we were (we wasted a LOT of shower water). She was a goddamn unicorn.

Unfortunately I had just gotten out of a long relationship right before that and wasn't ready for another one. Was sowing my wild oats for the first time. I was hooking up with two other girls the same time I was hooking up with her and at first she tolerated it, but then she got feelings and wanted me to be exclusive. I waffled about it for a few days, then she decided we wanted different things and dumped me via text.

None of the other things I was doing lasted and I've regretted that ever since, cause nothing ever got better than she was. I had a unicorn who was down for everything and I blew it, just like I've ruined half of the good things I've ever had going.

Got back with my ex (the long term one) for a few years in the late 2010's and that was a lot of fun, but eventually it petered out again. Basically been a-sexual since 2020 started, mopey about the good old days and sometimes morose as fuck.

Feels like it's dumb to be this way and I should be getting out and finding a new person. Who knows, it might be another unicorn. I've got zero drive though. Just zilch. It's easier to pine over what was than it is to face the challenge of "what could be". The least people can do is not push me about it, already feel bad enough that my mom doesn't have grandkids and I'm in my late 30's. Also feel bad that I feel bad. It's a merry go round of negativity.
Not remotely comparable, but thanks for sharing.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Computers were still considered a gender neutral interest in the 80s and my only other 'masculine' interests were Legos (still fairly gender neutral.) I watched some 'boy' cartoons like He-Man and Thundercats, but in retrospect this was extremely common among gay girls and/or straight tomboys around the same age as me, especially He-Man.) However, I also watched girl cartoons like Carebears and My Little Pony and Jem. Jem and Clarissa Explains it All both had girls as main characters who were really into technology and computers so I didn't think of it as a boy thing at all.

A friend of mine who is a feminine lesbian said she grew up watching mostly feminine programs and was very girly. Then she started watching the Pokemon cartoon and realized she was way more into the female characters visually than the males, which led to her realizing she was full-on gay.

Yes, the Pokemon cartoon.

I get it though, Pokemon's female characters have always been like ten times hotter than the male characters, especially outfit-wise. Bunch of hot females in revealing outfits, next to a bunch of fully-clothed males who look like fucking dweebs.

Not remotely comparable, but thanks for sharing.

I know, my chick actually paid for things.

Izo

Tranny Chaser

Visit your GP. Time for T butt pellets. I forget which doc recommended them. Erronius Erronius memba?

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>

Get your T checked.

Your libido will thank you.