The Ask Kuriin, A Gay Man, Anything Thread

iannis

Musty Nester
Just be like that dude on the Sopranos and have her peg you and call you a dirty little ass whore.

If that doesn't get your mojo up, I just don't know what would.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Medical question:

For a few days starting right before Thanksgiving, sometimes when I'd be sitting in the car I'd get this dull pain under the bottom of my ribcage on the right side, in the front as if my ribs were digging into whatever (but only on the right side). And along the bottom of my ribcage (left and right side) I just felt...bloated. Like someone had stuffed me with about 20lbs of extra organs and it felt like my guts were pushing outwards and out from under my ribcage so that under my ribcage my stomach poofed out. I just figured it was bad gas or something.

Last night on the way driving home it hit me again for about the last 15m of my drive. Once I got out of my car it went away. A little later I sat down at the computer and I got the pain again but this time it hurt a bit more, wasn't as dull an ache as before. This time I had it in pangs, like nothing for a minute then the pain would hit again. Lasted for 5m or a little more, then nothing. Wrote it off as gas again. Tonight though, no pain on the drive home but I sit down to take my shoes off and instead it feels like someone just hit me in the back of the ribcage with a hammer, maybe 1 rib up or something. Was a little sharper but a totally different spot.

I'd mentioned this to some family over the holidays and some were telling me it was my gall bladder (there's been a couple of people in my family who have had theirs removed so now any stomach pain is indicative of a gall bladder issue lol). I did some googling but some of what I read said that if it was your gall bladder that it would hurt to take in a deep breath or something? I don't get any pain when taking in a deep breath at all.

It's AIDs, isn't it?

iannis

Musty Nester
Probably. It doesn't sound like it's full-blown yet though.

So you need to get back to blowing if you want that to happen.

TBH, I've had the same thing. It probably is gas. It hits me worst when I binge on coffee. Try to cut down on eating/drinking acidic things for a few days and it might go away. At least, that works for me.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Just got back from a Thanksgiving weekend in Palm Springs/Cathedral City where I was at a gay event for big fat guys who like big fat guys. A copious amount of gay sex was had by me this weekend and it was glorious.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
So do you guys call yourselves Chubby Buddies? I feel like that would be a good name for a group of fat gay men.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Are any of you bugchasers, or do you know bugchasers? Is that shit real, and if so, can you explain why they do it?

Binkles_sl

shitlord
Bugchasers do exist, they are likely a lottery ticket proportion of the population. I'd assume between 1 in 100 to 1 in 10,000. More armchair speculation, I'd assume that bugchasing is related to the anxiety of catching AIDS. If you already have AIDS, then there's less to worry about. I assume this behavior is at the intersection of mental illness and sexual orientation and/or stigma.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Long live Zombie Erronius.
Thanks Bro

Adebisi and I are gonna dance the afterlife away

tumblr_lhkbbp0VCL1qho7avo1_500.gif

Blackyce

So do you guys call yourselves Chubby Buddies? I feel like that would be a good name for a group of fat gay men.
There's chubs, chasers and chub4chub, I'm chub4chub.

There are events every few months for us fat guys just like there are bear events all the time. Interestingly, many bears are just fat guys as well but don't like the label of chub or chubby or being fat so they hide behind the "Bear" label.

Blackyce

Does that mean you have the AIDS now?
Nope, unlike Kuriin, I'm not really into anal. Also I lived in San Francisco during the height of the aids epidemic so safe sex was pretty much drilled into my head and never have anything but.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I have to say that having a party where everyone gets together and fucks sounds pretty fun. Too bad about the having to gay part.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
How someone can be gay and not into anal sex is mind boggling. Did you have an orgy of people who just had oral sex? You know if you guys have poor hygiene, you can get it via the mouth, right? I know many gays don't like brushing or flossing their teeth. When I counseled patients at a local gay men's clinic, I always told them to floss and brush their teeth several HOURS before engaging in any sex because of the risk of any open wounds.

Regarding bugchasers: Yes, they do exist. As Binkles said, a part of it is to just get it over with and not have to worry about contracting it. Then, the problem is having to pay for medication. Then, you have those patients who are non-compliant with medications and the virus becomes resistant to certain types of drugs. Another reason is that they can sometimes find HIV as "a gift".

Erronius, is it still hurting when you put pressure on it (by sitting down)? Taking deep breaths is to discriminate pain from chest pain.

Blackyce, you know gonorrhea is almost worse than HIV now, right? With it being super resistant.