The Ask Kuriin, A Gay Man, Anything Thread

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I'm trying to get something that i can wear with khakis etc through this slush shit and occasionally go on construction site.

and i always start with american made stuff because i'm not a terrorist.
I picked up a pair of these a couple weeks ago:Nanea

They're not a full on boot, but they do have a higher cuff or whatever so they're better in the winter with slush/snow. No laces so they're easy to put on. And they're quite comfortable. Probably not the most fashionable boots around, but I'm quite pleased with my purchase so far. I'll likely wear them every day until spring or they fall apart.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That's pretty damn close to what I'm looking for. Was checking out RM Williams which are similar but can get a nicer finish

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I'm trying to get something that i can wear with khakis etc through this slush shit and occasionally go on construction site.

and i always start with american made stuff because i'm not a terrorist.
Then red wings are your only viable option.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I clicked on that link and now those shoes are showing up in my facebook ads.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Then red wings are your only viable option.
I know it isn't what he's looking for, but my last pair of Linesman boots from RW lasted me over 12 years in construction. That crap Eomer posted screams"Can we get this meeting over with so we can get back to sitting on our asses back at the office?". I can see someone trying to tiptoe around mud puddles with those.

rrr_img_53658.jpg

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I know it isn't what he's looking for, but my last pair of Linesman boots from RW lasted me over 12 years in construction.
If it was only 12 years, I'm guessing you were just tired of them and decided not to get them re-soled. Or is that one of the styles made in china that can't be fixed?

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Naw, when I took them to Iraq the leather over the steel toes was already worn away and the stitching around the soles finally gave and the soles fell off. I probably still could have saved the pieces but I was in Iraq and it was just easier to pitch them then to try mailing the remnants home. Not sure if they were salvageable by that point or not.

It's probably fair to say that I didn't take care of them the way I should have either, and I was pretty rough on them. I still got my moneys worth out of them though.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Didn't realize they were steel toed. Those do have a shorter life

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I know it isn't what he's looking for, but my last pair of Linesman boots from RW lasted me over 12 years in construction. That crap Eomer posted screams"Can we get this meeting over with so we can get back to sitting on our asses back at the office?". I can see someone trying to tiptoe around mud puddles with those.
To be clear, if I was visiting construction sites, I'd be wearing an old pair of actual work boots I have. You can't set foot on most sites without CSA approved boots up here.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I wear red wing boots on a daily basis but I never get more than 2.5-3 years out of them. Mine get wet fairly often though, and I probably don't oil them as much as I should. It's usually the leather cracking that does them in for me.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
To be clear, if I was visiting construction sites, I'd be wearing an old pair of actual work boots I have. You can't set foot on most sites without CSA approved boots up here.
CockSuckers Anonymous?

I guess that's thread appropriate then
tongue.png

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
ive been getting a lot of compliments on these

982389-p-4x.jpg