The Astronomy Thread

khorum

Murder Apologist
ULA is licensing Bezos' BE4 engine to replace their russian-made rocket engines so yeah.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
SpaceX stuck another landing and launched TESS tonight.

It will be looking at the 200,000 brightest stars in 85% of the sky for rocky planets, and have this crazy orbit.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
SpaceX stuck another landing and launched TESS tonight.
Yea, that was the last of the Falcon 9 Block 4 rockets. There's going to be a few more of the B4 launches, but they'll all be refurbish... sorry, flight proven rockets. Block 5 goes in service on the next launch (May 4th), and that one is supposed to be reusable at least 10 times with fast reuse times (48h?).

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Strip-Commentaires-sur-Mars-650-finalenglish.jpg

I see this repeated a lot in basically every sector, especially technology. I'm sure I'm guilty of it too.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Strip-Commentaires-sur-Mars-650-finalenglish.jpg

I see this repeated a lot in basically every sector, especially technology. I'm sure I'm guilty of it too.

Comics are far funnier and the point is far better when 3 panels are used vs 4.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Who here has taken any sort of Astronomy course? What sort of a course was it and how much 'math' was involved?

• 1Like

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
wow, when you finally discern the background stars from the foreground particles it blows your mind.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Who here has taken any sort of Astronomy course? What sort of a course was it and how much 'math' was involved?
Never did but I read a Antonio Paris article once about noise and xrays and radiation in space. I figure I am right up there with NASA now in my expertise.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i took AST 111 once upon a time, as my Freshman lab credit. was a significant amount of math involved, but nothing overly complicated.

• 1Like