The Astronomy Thread

iannis

Musty Nester
It was a family guy gag, I think. Now for the weather with Carl.. and they cut to a black guy in a raincoat who yells "IT GUN RAIN". Then cut back, "Thank you, carl!".

That star exploding clip does -exactly- the same thing. They cut to the black guy who says, "That's one big ass explosion!" and then immediately cut away. lol. It's so silly and stupid that it's funny. You know that dude is at least a grad student, probably a doctoral, and he spent 10 minutes explaining what a supernova is, and that's the four second clip they used of him.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I kinda wonder sometimes if Boeing might just cancel this.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
61 changes isn't shit. That's passing by flying colors by government contractor standards.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It was a family guy gag, I think. Now for the weather with Carl.. and they cut to a black guy in a raincoat who yells "IT GUN RAIN". Then cut back, "Thank you, carl!".

That star exploding clip does -exactly- the same thing. They cut to the black guy who says, "That's one big ass explosion!" and then immediately cut away. lol. It's so silly and stupid that it's funny. You know that dude is at least a grad student, probably a doctoral, and he spent 10 minutes explaining what a supernova is, and that's the four second clip they used of him.

His fucking name is Ollie, not Carl. He's voiced by someone who also isn't named Carl.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
61 changes isn't shit. That's passing by flying colors by government contractor standards.

And NASA still hasn't said if they'll make Boeing do the test again.

You know *someone* has to be pressuring NASA to somehow, someway not require another test. :-/

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre

I remember that Boeing was trying to get Gateway cancelled. Looks like that's going to happen.

Not that the Lunar Gateway ever really made any sense, it was just something to give SLS more to do. With SLS slipping even more, removing it and going direct to the moon is the only way they might still get a landing by 2024.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
confirmed UFO.

RIP first stage, it was only 5 launches away from retirement.

• 1Like
  • 1Jonesing

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Apparently they had a serious problem with an engine just before main engine cut off, but the software shut down the engine and ran other engines longer to make up for it to make sure of mission success.

• 2Like