The Astronomy Thread

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
This is a comet photo. There are others like it, but this one's mine.

1594880896507.png

• 16Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 16 users

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
JWST launch slipped another 7 months to October 2021.

For technical/panedmic reasons.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Fingers are crossed for a test of SN5 next week (150m hop), also crossed for the static fire test that has to happen first.

• 1Salty

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
I've been trying for 3 days to see it. finally tonight, but no way im getting a photo like that. pretty rural area, but quite a bit of local light pollution. street lights or trees.

Naked eye it was a smudge, my photo is with astrophotography mode on a Pixel 3 XL. Going to take the kids out to see it tomorrow night I think if the weather holds.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Surprised this wasn't posted.

That's why I wonder if the universe really is isotropic at large scales.

I dunno if it is or isn't, but cosmology assumes that it is in order to make sensible statements and simplify what is (seemingly) obviously a system too complex to describe otherwise.

I think they have to keep pushing the scale out in order to maintain the notion of isotropic.

• 1Picard

Oldbased

> Than U
I don't know what made me think of it. Maybe it was just because I just woke up and my brain wasn't functioning yet or that I took my pain medicine, but watching SpaceX catch the shell today made me wonder.

What if there was a space bacteria which normally would burn up in reentry but with rockets and fairings doing controlled entry could survive then take over Earth before we could do anything about it? Elon could be transporting space aliens to our soil!

• 1Picard

Cybsled

They would be getting them from orbit/upper atmosphere and presumably they would already be on Earth anyways long before the rockets.

Oldbased

> Than U
They would be getting them from orbit/upper atmosphere and presumably they would already be on Earth anyways long before the rockets.
That is exactly what I would suspect an alien bacteria to say. Sir, I am going to need to swab your gums.

• 1Dislike

Oldbased

> Than U

8HDDrwJ.jpg

neat
Looks like what a toilet would likely see if it was to look at Mudcrush's ass. The 2 dots being last weeks corn he couldn't wipe because his ass was so big.

• 5Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 5 users