<Gold Donor>
1612358189768.png

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
SN8 seemed like it almost successfully landed. This one wasn't even close.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, clearly an engine failure with this landing. The engines are under active development too, not just the craft.

• 1Truth!

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, clearly an engine failure with this landing. The engines are under active development too, not just the craft.
Scott Manley speculated that the problem was clearly engine-related, as the other engine was fed correctly with fuel. Couldn't fire correctly, lots of flaming at the top of the nozzle...

meStevo

<Silver Donator>

By the time most of us wake up tomorrow, SpaceX will have launched 2 rockets in the same day.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Real time 3D map of stuff/junk in space. Makes you wonder how we launch anything and not hit something else. Pretty interesting, can see the speed and when it was put up and all the debris.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

While we try to track as much of it as possible, that is why there are strong concerns about too much shit in orbit. All it takes is one major collision in space in the right spot and you could create a ton of havoc.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Real time 3D map of stuff/junk in space. Makes you wonder how we launch anything and not hit something else. Pretty interesting, can see the speed and when it was put up and all the debris.

Love this

• 1Dislike

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
UAE and Chinese Mars probes have both successfully reached Mars and settled into orbit.

Mars 2020 Rover Perseverance lands 2/18.

• 2Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
UAE and Chinese Mars probes have both successfully reached Mars and settled into orbit.

Mars 2020 Rover Perseverance lands 2/18.
We all know the martians only cause your probe to fail once you try to land...

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Some crazy stuff.

GW190521: The Impossible Black Hole. An animation of the merger of two black holes to form an intermediate-mass black hole (GW190521). This "explainer video" is an artistic rendering and not a numerical simulation. Aimed at a non-technical audience, it provides a general explanation of the event and discusses possible formation scenarios of the progenitor black holes.
[Credit: Mark Myers, ARC Centre of Excellence for Gravitational Wave Discovery (OzGrav)/Swinburne University]

More from LIGO: GW190521

• 2Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
  • 1Like