The Astronomy Thread

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Was pretty much the best lunar eclipse of my personal life. Sky was clear, Moon rose up about 1/4th eclipsed from behind the mountains it looked like the Deathstar. Great clear night where I was at, decent red color once the light from the setting sun faded.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I had a very good look on the full moon three hours ago before the eclipse started and now I have like a 80% cloud cover with the holes not being cooperative... not cool.
I live somewhere where there are clear skies probably 98% of the time. Of course tonight, it was the cloudiest damn night I remember (the last few nights have been clear as shit too, as I kept thinking our neighbor left a light on because the moon was so bright). I feel like the clouds were fucking with me too, because by about 9pm it was clear as shit again. Asshole clouds.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
All I saw were idiots trying to take a picture of an eclipse with a cell phone camera and complaining it wasn't working right, threatening to sue Apple, etc.. No surprise selfie-stick-artists don't have a clue what exposure means.

khorum

Murder Apologist
We went to Chicago's lakeshore Montrose Park to get away from the light pollution and there were a lot ppl there. But the clouds cleared up for the 9:47pm peak eclipse and we weren't disappointed.

I actually saw Halley's comet in 86 and my teacher told me I would probably never live to see it again... which was exactly the sort of douchey bleak shit to say that would guarantee I never miss shit like this.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I took this...I forgot my tripod so it was hard not to get a shitty shot with long exposure

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Time for the Nestle corporation to invest in space travel.
Better idea

rrr_img_110918.jpg