The Authoritative Final Fantasy & Bravely Default thread

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Enjoying LR so far, was initially feeling pretty rushed due to the clock but they really do give you more than enough time once you get the hang of it. If you have any time anxiety I'd strongly suggest playing on easy for your first playthrough and you'll have more than enough EP to keep the clock frozen most of the time. Also, there is no advantage to playing on normal except you get more gil... which you'll end up spending on potions since you don't regen between fights.

I have a question for you guys that have beaten it already. I'm at the beginning of day 6 now and have probably 90% of the sidequests done along with main quests 1 and 2 done. Main quests 3,4,5 all close to finished as well I think. Question is (spoilering just in case):

I saw in the guide that when you complete main quest 4-4 your party member leaves your party permanently. My question is, should I wait to finish 4-4 until I've done all the other stuff in the desert? Wait until the last day to do it? I'm basically wondering if having that member around would make much of a difference for fights like Aeronite, or farming the big mobs like earth eaters for the sidequests.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You could keep her in the group yeah it makes things easier. I don't know about Aeronite being easier though, once she takes a bunch of damage(and she will when he does his big aoe), she just stands there mediguarding forever, so she's not the most useful. She does the same if you double stagger the earth eaters and they start spamming aoes. She can be useful at least to kill the 8 or however much you need to complete the canvas prayer quest for it, but other than that I wouldn't bother, but you could keep her around for aeronite see if it helps, just don't forget to finish the quest before the end.

The other partner you get in the wildlands is a lot more useful than the desert one, he uses elemental spells so he increases the stagger limits a lot and he has a fairly strong healing spell. Too bad there isn't much in there that's worth it. Good for farming Reavers for weapons at least.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Thanks for the advice, I guess I'll just farm the earth eaters for the canvas quest and move on with the story then.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Ok, so who got the deluxe CE and wants to sell me their Agnes statuette? The NA CE did not include it because WE DON'T GET THE FUCKING COOL CEs.

Edit: Preferably one without fucked up eyes, sigh.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Ok, so who got the deluxe CE and wants to sell me their Agnes statuette? The NA CE did not include it because WE DON'T GET THE FUCKING COOL CEs.

Edit: Preferably one without fucked up eyes, sigh.
Pretty sure they all have fucked up eyes. It was not a good statue.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Bravely Second Will Focus On Story Rather Than Exploration

Lots of good info there.

Quote of note:

An interesting point worth mentioning is that Asano says both Bravely Default and Bravely Second target adult audiences. Asano pointed to the adult audiences of both Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy as the target audience for the Bravely games. In the past, Asano and character designer Akihiko Yoshida have said that Bravely Second's heroine, Magnolia, is turning out a little more adult in nature than Bravely Default's characters

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Pretty sure they all have fucked up eyes. It was not a good statue.
Well that's a fine how do you do. I swear I saw a few pics of normal looking statues; figured I bought the CE, I want the whole god damn thing.

I managed to get some of the zelda chests from the Link Between Worlds CE that the UK had, but (I assume because it's Square Enix) I haven't seen or heard of anyone with the figurines.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
will there be like a bikini dlc for lightning returns? think i might just buy if it they do.

i feel like they could've made some epic love story with lightning but missed the bus altogether. so gay.

Forbin_sl

shitlord
No, but they did just release this costume as DLC

lightning_returns_moogle_costume.jpg

WageSlave

Golden Knight of the Realm
I cant bring myself to finish bravely default. It started off great but then devolved quick. Some people complain how FF13 was just a long corridor. Squenix outdid themselves this time though. Instead of making new corridors they just decided to make you run the same one over and over and over and over. Pure garbage. They should be ashamed of themselves...

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well, with BD it basically comes down to once you hit chapter 5, you grind a little, then turn off random encounters if you just want to progress the story. Then proceed to kill bosses until you can't. Turn on random encounters to 200%, grind til you feel ok, then turn them back off and go back to just hitting the bosses.

It does get boring running a few of the dungeons 3-4 times (or 5!) but a few of them have shortcuts or you can simply dart through them with dungeon master and zero encounters, since they should be fully mapped at that point. And yeah, the temple bosses/asterisk holders get super repetitive, especially since they don't normally learn any new tricks, their old ones just scale to the content level. At least the asterisk bosses during the last couple of chapters are pretty tough in that you fight 2-3 of them at any given time, and some can absolutely destroy you with a quickness if you aren't ready for them (Templar/Monk/DK comes to mind)

Still a great game, but the constant Temple grinding at the end was definitely a minus. If only because you have to hammer the x button a million times for each crystal, and you do it like...20 times.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So did anyone try the android versions of FF1-3? Im debating picking them up just to fuck around when bored. Are they good port? Easy to control with touchscreen?

Needless

Toe Sucker
I hit chapter 5, and grinded from 43 -> 99 and maxed all my jobs (still need to unlock conjurer) while watching shows.. now i haven't touched the game in a week haha
I'm kind of saving the last few chapters for my vacation next week though so i have a handheld to play around with on the flight and shit.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I hit chapter 5, and grinded from 43 -> 99 and maxed all my jobs (still need to unlock conjurer) while watching shows.. now i haven't touched the game in a week haha
I'm kind of saving the last few chapters for my vacation next week though so i have a handheld to play around with on the flight and shit.
Basically the exact same for me, except I grinded during chapter six after getting conjurer.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
So did anyone try the android versions of FF1-3? Im debating picking them up just to fuck around when bored. Are they good port? Easy to control with touchscreen?
Don't know about 1-3, but 4 works just fine. Only a bit of trouble navigating the scroll menu on characters with many abilities. Easy to press wrong while scrolling. But moving around and interacting with the world works perfectly.