The Authoritative Final Fantasy & Bravely Default thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I enjoyed FF15's gameplay, graphics look gorgeous too. What I didn't like was tight hipster business suit faggots.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
No, I completely agree with you. I despised the action elements of FF13-3, I can't even bring myself to finish it. Both of these new games look even more in that terrible devil may cry direction.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Theatrhythm curtain call is pretty fun, the first one bored me pretty quick but playing on ultimate is actually quite challenging lol

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Picked up FFIV on release day. Been years since I played it on emu. Really enjoying the ezmode stuff they added, autocombat, maps, augments.

Definitely worth a buy even at 15.99. Hope they one day consider doing a port/upgrade to Xenogears.

Needless

Toe Sucker
The PSP version was pretty funny with auto combat, you could max level while you sleep using float, fighting summoners that summon some kind of monster that only casts quake, over and over. then you just heal the summoner every round

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Picked up FFIV on release day. Been years since I played it on emu. Really enjoying the ezmode stuff they added, autocombat, maps, augments.

Definitely worth a buy even at 15.99. Hope they one day consider doing a port/upgrade to Xenogears.
Not that Sean is around to back me up, but I'm pretty sure the Xenogears license is at Squaresoft but the guys who actually made the game and wrote the story are at Monolith Soft, which tends to contract out with Nintendo. Until they decide to work with SE again, I doubt we'll see even a port of Xenogears, let alone a remake.

Stave

Potato del Grande
I get the feeling that XV is going to go for a GTA style gameplay, which I guess is alright with me. It does look more interesting than the last few FF's. I will buy it once I eventually get a PS4 I am sure.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just want the whole turn based battle system again. All these action packed real time battle sequences are getting dull imo. I hope FF16 is a throwback to that style. The last RPG I truly enjoyed was The Last Remnant on xbox because it has that whole turn based battle system with a good storyline and a world you can explore...with boats, airships and more! Mmmmmm

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
There's Bravely Default but that's on 3DS.
Yeah, I've seen a lot of reviews on that game but unfortunately I don't own a 3DS. Just a xbox360, still waiting on xbox one/ps4 exclusive games that I really want before I pick up one of those.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I've seen a lot of reviews on that game but unfortunately I don't own a 3DS. Just a xbox360, still waiting on xbox one/ps4 exclusive games that I really want before I pick up one of those.
Yeah I didn't until a few weeks ago but finally caved in and bought one to play Bravely Default and Etrian Odyssey IV/Untold and don't regret it. Need to grab a few more games but it's a really good console for old school stuff like that.

I don't think they'll do a main line FF on real consoles that'll go back to old combat. Maybe they'll do a spin off, and remakes of older games but eh. Persona tends to have fairly standard combat and Persona 5 is coming out next year probably.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't think they'll do a main line FF on real consoles that'll go back to old combat. Maybe they'll do a spin off, and remakes of older games but eh. Persona tends to have fairly standard combat and Persona 5 is coming out next year probably.
Yeah, I either want old school turn based battles with a sick ass story/characters or another game with a similar battle/class system as Tactics. Square-Enix, plzzzz.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Tech demo of FFXV, shitty quality from the niconico stream I think, maybe they'll release an official one later:

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah a 3ds is actually a good investment if you like RPGs of the oldschool nature. Etrian Odysseys(literally all 5 games are great. Skip the first and get Millennium Girl to make up for it. You won't be disappointed) Bravely Default, Shin Megami Tensei IV(amazeballs) and Fire Emblem without having anything else available on the system make it a worthwhile purchase. I most likely will not buy a Wii U, but the 3ds was worth every monetary unit for sure.

Oh, and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is apparently a 3ds exclusive. Why wouldn't you buy one, at this point?

Also, that video has an uncomfortable "Bouncer" feel to it. I love Kingdom Hearts as much as the next sqeenix-fanboy, but this looks even less RPG-ish than that.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I just want the whole turn based battle system again. All these action packed real time battle sequences are getting dull imo. I hope FF16 is a throwback to that style. The last RPG I truly enjoyed was The Last Remnant on xbox because it has that whole turn based battle system with a good storyline and a world you can explore...with boats, airships and more! Mmmmmm
TLR was an amazing game riddled with tech issues, it would be amazing if they did a sequel on next gen.

Siliconemelons

3ds XL or the New 3ds XL- the screen size is decent-- Bravely Default should have showed the devs that people want that type of game- but I doubt it will ever happen sadly... as for 15 looking like 8...yeah...and 8 sucked, years of debate over that on FoH and here have proven 8 sucks and 8 evangelists stop shitting up FF threads :-D

Is the plot of 15 literally angsty prince and his buddies roam around the countryside killing wild animals until ultimately being sucked back into the city and politics to save the world?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
3ds XL or the New 3ds XL- the screen size is decent-- Bravely Default should have showed the devs that people want that type of game- but I doubt it will ever happen sadly... as for 15 looking like 8...yeah...and 8 sucked, years of debate over that on FoH and here have proven 8 sucks and 8 evangelists stop shitting up FF threads :-D

Is the plot of 15 literally angsty prince and his buddies roam around the countryside killing wild animals until ultimately being sucked back into the city and politics to save the world?
From what we have gathered from other trailers, war has come to them to take their crystal, Daddy(seems to get killed), and all hell breaks loose as Noct wants revenge on everything.. Leviathan shows up eventually(cause holy shit that's a big esper..)

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
FF 13 released on PC yesterday. Locked to 720p, but Durante already released a version of GeDoSaTo that is compatible with it to increase the resolution. Still in beta stages, but 2 hours of work went a long way to fix what they didn't even begin to do. Japanese devs arent't the best at PC games it seems, since he has fixed Dark souls 1-2 and Deadly Premenitions so far, and now this.

Durante Presents: FFXIII resolution unlocking (GeDoSaTo plugin) released - pre-alpha - NeoGAF

GeDoSaTo Beta 0.14 | metaclassofnilblog