The Authoritative Final Fantasy & Bravely Default thread

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
shit yea

31432xk.jpg

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
For the town, I'm just putting all my townsfolk into whatever has the lowest time to complete while I play, and then those bigass 99/70/50 hour barriers while I sleep. Granted, the weaponshop has been crap for the most part since it gives you weapons that are only good for the side classes (ie, a staff that is good for melee instead of the healers, etc) up to level 4 so far. And the armorshop is absolutely great for what you put into it. The rainbow robes > all other defense body items you can get around Acheim, for instance.

Either way, I expect the order is a non-issue in the long-run for the most part. It seems like the additives to specials are the best, and those require you to spend boatloads of hours to unlock.(or have asstons of villagers)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Not played it for a while but I don't remember an accent, that would have quelled my rage.

Sean_sl

shitlord
For the town, I'm just putting all my townsfolk into whatever has the lowest time to complete while I play, and then those bigass 99/70/50 hour barriers while I sleep. Granted, the weaponshop has been crap for the most part since it gives you weapons that are only good for the side classes (ie, a staff that is good for melee instead of the healers, etc) up to level 4 so far. And the armorshop is absolutely great for what you put into it. The rainbow robes > all other defense body items you can get around Acheim, for instance.

Either way, I expect the order is a non-issue in the long-run for the most part. It seems like the additives to specials are the best, and those require you to spend boatloads of hours to unlock.(or have asstons of villagers)
Weapon shop starts giving you awesome shit once you get the Angel Bow from it. Using itdestroysanything else you can do for a long while (and Thief has an A Rank in it). Also, you can make stuff like the staff more useful by getting the +S Rank weapon passive for it from leveling up White Mage a bit.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
That is actually part of the problem. It is a great weapon if you aren't playing a white mage. (Simian Staff) The issue being that my current party is Knight/Thief/WhM/BlM. If I was going merchant style and using the staff S ability, different story. But for general progression, my party is as I have said. Not an actual problem with the weaponshop, it is more that it caters to a playstyle that I currently don't adhere to. And as such, it is terribad compared to mythril etc because it has terrible spell power scaling.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not played it for a while but I don't remember an accent, that would have quelled my rage.
Yea, at least in the US copies - it's AGNES with an accent over the E. Possible that was a EU copy oversight though.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Weapon shop starts giving you awesome shit once you get the Angel Bow from it. Using itdestroysanything else you can do for a long while (and Thief has an A Rank in it). Also, you can make stuff like the staff more useful by getting the +S Rank weapon passive for it from leveling up White Mage a bit.
I just got the ranger class and I am using that bow. It pretty much destroys

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Angel Bow, Res staff and Cura Shield are all super awesome when you get them early.

Adding more of you, abilink seems very helpful for hard mode, especially to make sure you have access to as many Abate Whatevers as possible.

edit: yeah abilink is definitely super awesome and I overlooked it until I got to the Water Temple boss. Being able to equip every member of the team with the proper abate and gaining an attack that hit its weakness for my ranger made the fight go from impossible to winnable on the first try post linking everyone

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Anyone know if the friends you get that you can summon in battle can be used more than once? I got one friend randomly with an insane attack that did 40k damage. Only been able to use him once (oneshotted a boss).

As for things to level up. The trader and compound shop will keep giving you items randomly after a few hours leaving it on. They give based on what you have unlocked, so I have quite a few of the higher level damage items. But the trader/potion is good for getting free ether/turo ether since they are so expensive. I have left it on for a week now without playing it. Nearly maxed the village, but only at the beauty pageant award part before the water temple. So not that far into it I think.

The Fox axe that someone mentioned (has +20 agi) comes as the latest reward (tier 11) on the shop below the Valley parts one (westmost shop). I have it completed so I don't see the name of it anymore. It costs 100000g, so far away from what I can afford before the water temple. I have 15k. Bought a few items (angel bow and such) and bought every spell I have come across.

I would also focus on leveling up the skill shop, as you can use the various ultimate abilities you get immediately. Getting mp regen from the staff rejuvenation skill is really nice in dungeons. It only takes 10 heals or something to activate the ability, and if you have mp regen 2 that will give roughly 80 mana to everyone, which would equal 8 ether which would cost 8000 gold. Before boss battles in dungeons, I usually get into combat, kill all but one mob, default constantly, then just heal 10 times, use rejuvenation, then heal 10 more to have the ability activated before the boss battle too. Think I have used one ether so far. Now that I have maxed out all my special part shops, rejuvenation maxes my hp, mp, revives k.o and gives 2 bp. Which is crazy good compared to how easy it is to activate.

Pinadil

Silver Knight of the Realm
I think summoned friends are usable once a day and come back when you update. I know I've used people more than once. Is there a way to know the components of a summoned friend's special attack before you use it? Its super annoying when a boss absorbs a 2k special. I'm going to start renaming mine so that the element at least is obvious.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think summoned friends are usable once a day and come back when you update. I know I've used people more than once. Is there a way to know the components of a summoned friend's special attack before you use it? Its super annoying when a boss absorbs a 2k special. I'm going to start renaming mine so that the element at least is obvious.
Yea, starting to do the same "Fire Bash" etc.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Accents tend to be not used on capital letters, but can be. So it would be Agn?s but in all caps would turn into AGNES. Might be simply technical limitations, a lot of stuff can't actually display capitals with accents.

As to why change the name, not sure where you found the name(the demo maybe?) but Anyes is a poor transcription of the japanese kanas A-ni-e-su, but considering her family name is Oblige, it makes sense that the name is in fact the french name Agn?s, which is fairly typical with japanese game/anime names, having french/italian/german/anything non japanese/english, much more exotic and cool, or whatever.

Also wordplay with Noblesse Oblige(nobles' code of conduct and sense of responsability, another commonly used theme in games/anime).

Lodor_sl

shitlord
Using summoned friends can make the bosses super easy for a good chunk of the game it seems.

Also my 3ds code is 0962 9879 7708

I have been adding people as i see the codes posted.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Btw, unlike other game systems which aren't retarded as fuck, both you and the other person have to register each other's friend codes on your 3DS. It doesn't just send an invite to them when you put theirs in. So people following this right now should try to add each other's codes as they see them.