The Authoritative Final Fantasy & Bravely Default thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah I definitely wish you could mute Hope. When you're looking for the numbers you have to wait until a certain time to get the last one.. had 12 hours of him continually telling me I needed one more number. That's not really spoilerish I hope, didn't give anything away.

MAybe the game is more enjoyable on new game+

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Beat the first main quest area of LR. Not really sure how I feel about this time mechanic. I'm feeling awfully rushed.
Yea, feeling obligated to use a step by step guide to get everything done because of it. Love the game, hate the timer.

Vorph

Yea, feeling obligated to use a step by step guide to get everything done because of it. Love the game, hate the timer.
I'd try to just not worry about it that much. Use Chronostasis a lot--but don't keep yourself at 0-1 EP all the time because it sucks to get drawn into a tough fight with no EP at all--and just do what you can. I don't intend to "beat" the game until NG+ because I'm going to play it again on Hard anyway, so I might as well still have the rest of the story left to complete.

Vaclav

Keeping Chronostasis up all the time screws you on some chests though - there's one right at the start of Yusnaan that you need 6 EP to open and such. It's a really fine line with it, plus the entire hassle of if you keep Chronostasis up all the time since NPCs have schedules they'll not ever come up if you lock at the wrong times...

The clock is a huge hassle - guide mitigates it, but still big hassle.

Vorph

Yeah, I mostly use stasis when I'm doing a series of sidequests and don't want to run into the next block of time that I need to do something important in. Like the Mog Village; I kept stasis up the entire time I was doing that stuff and just built my EP back up with the constantly respawning mobs in the woods.

I also have the guide book so I refer to that now and then to make sure I'm not getting so far off schedule that my first playthrough won't accomplish anything at all.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What I hate about the time constraints is the NPCs being only there at certain hours and shit, so you need to double check everywhere every 5-6hours of gametime to make sure you're not missing shit but then you have to stasis non stop to complete the quests, many of which have extremely vague objectives. It's more frustrating than interesting as a mechanic, pretty awful idea. Also found it funny that in FF13 people complained there was no town, and in this one there's apparently only towns(or well I haven't been outside yet, maybe in the wildlands) and mobs just spawn right in the middle of the towns. Also not a big fan of garbs only having access to 4 slots each, if you put guard on all of them you only have 9 abilities and that's just not very much at all. Oh and not being able to move around at a decent speed, what the fuck is up with that, if you use melee attack from range Lightning will rush to the enemy, but if you try to move around she's like walking super slowly. Wouldn't be as much of an issue if the combat areas were actually closed spaces so you can end up with your back to the wall and getting juggled by shit that wouldn't usually and circling around is painful as hell.

Think the game is ok but there's a lot of shit annoying me.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Avoiding guides myself. Playing on Normal and just going to beat the game, then on all subsequent playthroughs I'll do the extra stuff. I'm doing sidequests as I see them, but most of the rewards are seriously shitty for the time they require. I put bunny ears on all my classes though.

I grew out of the pre-order/dlc costumes already.

I think I'm using black mage, a melee one (came with attack 2), and a tanky one.

Vorph

Also not a big fan of garbs only having access to 4 slots each, if you put guard on all of them you only have 9 abilities and that's just not very much at all.
You really shouldn't be putting Guard on more than one garb... Stick it on your saboteur set and leave the other two for pure commando/ravager offense. That way you can also load the saboteur set up with max hp (since it's % lost that matters once you switch to other garbs) and other defensive gear.

bho

Bronze Knight of the Realm
on my first run through on normal how many side quests do i need to do to make sure i extend the game to 13 days (in order to unlock hard mode)

Vaclav

Dunno if you need to for unlocking Hard mode - but right now at 27-28 side quests done (I got the 25 trophy a few back) it's telling me I've got 11 days open to me between my done days and my ones left. So more than 27-28.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
on my first run through on normal how many side quests do i need to do to make sure i extend the game to 13 days (in order to unlock hard mode)
You need around 40 sidequests to unlock the 14th day, not hardmode. That extra day opens up the Ultimate dungeon.

rieter

Molten Core Raider
Added everyone off the Bravely Default list for summons and abilinks, appreciate any adds. Thank you guys.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You really shouldn't be putting Guard on more than one garb... Stick it on your saboteur set and leave the other two for pure commando/ravager offense. That way you can also load the saboteur set up with max hp (since it's % lost that matters once you switch to other garbs) and other defensive gear.
Yeah I've already removed it from one of the set, waiting to actually get something useful on the melee one though. Problem is I often press the wrong button to swap before a block(like out of points on a set, switch to the set with no guard instead and get crushed). Wouldn't be an issue if there were more stuff per garb. Could also put more debuffs/spells, like for aoe or dual element spells and shit. Oh well.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Went through and added everyone according to the list, and marked people who had 1's but didn't have me added.