The Batman

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Admit it. You went there to jerk off to Pattinson. Pee wee Herman style.
Nah, I just don't think the dude gets his due because of Twilight, when he's actually a pretty good actor.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I thought it was boss how he refused to gain a single pound for the role.

Hes committed to his craft.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I like this movie, it leaned into the detective aspect of Batman. The car chase scene was fucking fantastic, disappointed there wasn't one with his motorcycle which showed up at the end.

I cringed when Catwoman's actress utter that stupid line, gotta fit in the woke message somehow.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This movie is great. It is long, but it is not boring. That would be a typical asshat opinion.

Matt Reeves is one of the best directors in the business. Pattison and Kravitz both did an incredible job. Loved how it was all grounded in the real world and no crazy superhero bullshit. This movie is the perfect mix of Seven, Saw, and Batman.

Go see it. It is a winner.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nah, I just don't think the dude gets his due because of Twilight, when he's actually a pretty good actor.

Agree. He's done some amazing shit lately, see The King or Good Times. Wright as Gordon was a good choice as well.

This movie was dope. Dark, grounded, and the detective aspect was interesting throughout. And the badguy won, and it didn't feel contrived. Favorite overall Batman movie so far.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This movie is great. It is long, but it is not boring. That would be a typical asshat opinion.

Matt Reeves is one of the best directors in the business. Pattison and Kravitz both did an incredible job. Loved how it was all grounded in the real world and no crazy superhero bullshit. This movie is the perfect mix of Seven, Saw, and Batman.

Go see it. It is a winner.
I probably would have put this over TDK had they leaned into the Seven aspect more and went with an R rating.

• 2Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

It was ok in parts but I was fighting to stay awake despite the 1130am showing on multiple occasions.

It was definitely too long.

I never once felt "yeah, this is great/amazing"

Oh, and it was one line about "white privilege" that I groaned out loud at. But it was only one line so shouldn't be the focus

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm just not that thrilled with his Bruce Wayne portrayal.

All that said, it still wasn't TDK level. I honestly think Pattinson makes a better Batman, but a worse Wayne than Bale. Plus, Ledger's performance is unmatched. If TDK was a 10/10 Batman movie, this was probably an 8/10. I also groaned hard at Catwoman's wokeness.
Bale's Bruce Wayne was easily the best especially in the first movie

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
So a bisexual writer for Glamour in this article is upset that Selina and whats-her-faces lesbianism wasn't shoved down your throat enough.

v I edited/displayed the retardation hot takes below v

batman.jpg

Just imagine... these people are not just voters, but they're people who control a lot of the media narrative in our country. These are the exact people who block you due to one reply tweet alone.

This article is hilarious if it weren't so sad, really.

• 1Worf

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I haven't finished the movie yet (arr-matey wasn't as dark/bad as I assumed) but so far I'm just not feeling this. Edward Cullen isn't bad at all... in fact all the characters are on point with the acting and delivery but, idk... can't put my finger on why I'm just not really liking it.

Oh wait... I know why: it's DC and they used God-awful emo Nirvana in it. (jk... kinda LoL)

I DID dig the contact lense cameras though. Great idea. I'll finish watching it soon enough; maybe it'll all come together in the 2nd half.

Brad2770

Bale's Bruce Wayne was easily the best especially in the first movie

I agree. I liked that scene where he was banging Vicki Vale and checking out himself in the mirror.

2F1042DB-05FA-4061-BA8B-CF7A5BF5235A.gif

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm not saying he is as good an actor as Leo at this stage, but I think he is suffering from Leo syndrome. His early stuff as sparkly vampire overshadowing his acting skills.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I haven't finished the movie yet (arr-matey wasn't as dark/bad as I assumed) but so far I'm just not feeling this. Edward Cullen isn't bad at all... in fact all the characters are on point with the acting and delivery but, idk... can't put my finger on why I'm just not really liking it.

Oh wait... I know why: it's DC and they used God-awful emo Nirvana in it. (jk... kinda LoL)

I DID dig the contact lense cameras though. Great idea. I'll finish watching it soon enough; maybe it'll all come together in the 2nd half.
the acting wasnt a problem, even sparklepants wasnt too bad, though he could be a bit of an emo bitch at times. he even has an emo bitch haircut to go with it.
my favorite actor in the movie was a tossup between Gordon and Falcone. Gordon doing his best Danny Glover impression and Falcone trying hard to be the Godfather. i think Gordon might have been better. how long have they portrayed Riddler as an incel loser? since the animated series or longer?

spronk

FPS noob

but more interesting, two HBO max show spinoffs one focusing on The Penguin and the second instead of Gotham PD will now focus on Arkham Asylum

HBO Max has two shows set in the same universe that are in development for its streaming platform.

One of them will follow The Penguin as he rises to power in Gotham following the events of the first film. The second show is Gotham PD, which was originally said to take place a year before The Batman and follow the infamous police department.

However, it looks like plans may have changed drastically for that second show. Instead, it seems the core focus may be taken off the police and placed firmly on Arkham Asylum.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Saw it today. We enjoyed it. Yes too long. I enjoyed the focus on the "world's greatest detective" aspect to be honest. No issue with Selena being black. Girl was hot AF. Sparkly vampire still shows he can really act. I understand where some are coming from with Pattinson's Bruce Wayne being "weak". I attribute it to a> it being only 2 years since he is rolling in the cape and cowl and I think he is not fully into the "billionaire playboy" act yet and b> there were scant few moments of him being Bruce Wayne (the longest of which is at a funeral). Action and fight scenes were solid.

One thing I will say for DC. They have hit homeruns on every single casting of Alfred. Even going back to Michael Gough in the Keaton version. Serkis did a great job in the limited screen time he gets.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like