The Batman

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m a bit of a 80’s and 90’s Batman comic fan. This scratched the itch. I read Year One a lot as a kid.

His Bruce Wayne was a nowhere near the top. But he’s supposed to be a young Wayne. Hopefully he gets a haircut. Serkis’s Alfred seemed a bit jacked, but he also seemed off. Pattinson’s Batman was great. Moral but just off going unhinged. Could stand to gather some bulk frankly and work out but wasn’t that bad.

I thought they were about to dial in the subversion, but aside from the toss away line on white privelege (and I swear they had Pattinson roll his eyes or widen like “listen here you little shit” at that line), it was a good Batman movie.

also Catwoman basically got overpowered and bitch slapped the moment a man got his hands on her. She had to stay moving which was realistic. Didn’t get the “omg woman power vibe”. She nearly gets murdered by a goddamn old man. Batman sex slams her on the table once.

Penguin was great. Riddler was great but was a bit like Ledger’s joker in all the “planning”. Mood was fantastic. I’d love to see an R cut. I didn’t think it was possible to get more grounded than Nolan but it did and that fucking car chase. Lol. That was awesome.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I enjoyed it. I thought Dano as the Riddler was pretty good, but I've been a fan of his since There Will Be Blood. Really the acting was good all around, no major complaints. Focusing on the detective aspect was a welcome change from other Batman movies. The soundtrack was also very good, especially the use of Nirvana. Fit the overall gloomy, depressed atmosphere.

Looking forward to a sequel. Dead mayor's son or black guy with half face paint from the subway scene: future Robin?

And I guess this guy was the Joker at the end.

shutterstock_editorial_10371225cc.jpg

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Batman cuts the power to the entire night club building, elevator still works to get the the bad guy penthouse. *record scratch*

Also Kurt Cobain Batman made me feel like I was watching The Crow, not The Bat.

the-crow-header-1.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Batman cuts the power to the entire night club building, elevator still works to get the the bad guy penthouse. *record scratch*

Also Kurt Cobain Batman made me feel like I was watching The Crow, not The Bat.

the-crow-header-1.jpg
sonofabitch, i thought i was the only one getting that vibe. yeah it had some Eric Draven in there too. but i wasnt sure The Crow was based off some Batman comics or not.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
So a bisexual writer for Glamour in this article is upset that Selina and whats-her-faces lesbianism wasn't shoved down your throat enough.

v I edited/displayed the retardation hot takes below v

View attachment 401907

Just imagine... these people are not just voters, but they're people who control a lot of the media narrative in our country. These are the exact people who block you due to one reply tweet alone.

This article is hilarious if it weren't so sad, really.
People should not look to cinema to validate their lifestyle or sexuality. This is beyond tiring.

• 2Like
  • 1Spotlight
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Agree. He's done some amazing shit lately, see The King or Good Times. Wright as Gordon was a good choice as well.

This movie was dope. Dark, grounded, and the detective aspect was interesting throughout. And the badguy won, and it didn't feel contrived. Favorite overall Batman movie so far.
The Lost City of Z and The Rover we're both excellent movies too. He's got a lot more range than people give him credit for. I think he was actually in a David Cronenberg movie a number of years back as well. Looks like he made his bank on the Twilight stuff and now we just picks and chooses whatever roles he wishes to perform in. Definitely a very underrated actor.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I liked it a lot until the final act. Then it turned to poop.

• 2Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
People keep mentioning that Pattinson's Bruce Wayne is bad, or at least not as good as others. My take is that Bruce Wayne in this movie just does not exist and isn't meant to. Bruce died with his parents and this Year Two Batman is all that is left. We see him get home and record his journal, but that just passes the time until he sleeps, recovers and begins the next night again. He doesn't have a social life, he doesn't show up for his job as director of the board, he is fully The Batman

We get the stuff with Alfred, and his transition from Vengeance to Hope by the end of the movie (especially seen through his connection with the Mayor's son, who is having just the worst fuckin week) , and with the other revelations to him in the movie, make him believe he has worth both as Bruce and Batman.

I would not be surprised if the next movie focuses much more on the re-birth of Bruce Wayne into Gotham Society and we really see what Pattinson can do with the character of Bruce Wayne.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just got home from this. I gotta say, it was damn good. Sure, there were a few minor knit-picking sections I could focus on, but I choose to overlook that due to the overall quality of the movie. This might very well be the "Iron-Man" for the DC Universe. It was damn entertaining. And I really like that they didn't focus on him being a super hero. He was just a dude that had money which afforded him some neat gadgets. And it was very entertaining.

The movie clocks in minutes under 3 hours, but it didn't "feel" long for me. I know that a lot of time passed, but I gave me the impression that it was just dragging on. Even the slower scenes were good for the overall story, and it kept my attention the whole way through. On top of that, even though I had a big drink right before sitting in my seat, I didn't have to take a leak at all. I've had to get up during almost EVERY other movie I've seen due to baby bladder, but not this one. Good stuff. I was very entertained. I can't wait to see if DC is able to capitalize on the momentum this will create and actually develop a "good" franchise for once.

• 2Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I can't wait to see if DC is able to capitalize on the momentum this will create and actually develop a "good" franchise for once.

bro i got some bad news for you

tumblr_oqxm11iLrm1spdupro1_500.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Salty

spronk

FPS noob
movie looks like it'll do another $60m this weekend, not quite NWH levels but doing great. also opened in China last week

IMG_9192.webp

its on HBO max on april 10th

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
movie looks like it'll do another $60m this weekend, not quite NWH levels but doing great. also opened in China last week

IMG_9192.webp

its on HBO max on april 10th
Audio tracks on HBO Max are always a disappointment for me. Definitely looking forward to the bluray release for this one.