The Batman

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i mean The Dark Knight ends with Joker essentially winning (Batman on the run, Harvey Dent dead)

Empire Strikes Back
yea but thats like saying thanos won in infinity war

there are other follow up movies that fuck over that happy ending (who really needed end game?)

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Swordfish. I think that's the only movie where the bad guy gets away/wins in recent memory.

Also how did the bad guy get away in sum of all fears?

no the bad guys in sum of all fears get killed like in most tom clancy stuff

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
i mean The Dark Knight ends with Joker essentially winning (Batman on the run, Harvey Dent dead)

huh? He lost his philosophical battle with batman where people started helping each other instead of killing each other, and batman stopped him without killing him. He got caught and put in jail

spronk

FPS noob

week 1 on HBO max

Mortal Kombat 2021 - 4.3m
The Batman 4.1m
Suicide Squad 2021 3.5m
Wonder Woman 1984 3.2m
The Matrix Trannys 3.2m
Dune 2.3m

Two big shocks for me - Mortal Kombat had 4..3m viewers first week, FUCK YEAH! Imagine how well they would do if they actually put out a good mortal kombat movie.

and 3.2m people watched WW84 at home and thought "... is that a fucking cheetah?"

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
huh? He lost his philosophical battle with batman where people started helping each other instead of killing each other, and batman stopped him without killing him. He got caught and put in jail
It's a pyrrhic victory on account of him forcing them to cover up Dent's murders, and then they clean up the city between movies 2 and 3 using the Dent Act to deny parole to a bunch of criminals rightfully entitled to it.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Watched this last night - didn't hate it, didn't love it either. I enjoyed the film aesthetic, thought the kid played a good batman, and really liked the detective premise but it needed to be buttoned up a ton. Last hour kind of dragged and the ending was flat but this wasn't a waste of time to watch either. Like so many movies released since 2020 it's okay, but nothing I'd really care to watch again.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard

Empire Strikes Back, Gone Girl, Fight Club are others
The One who Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

No Country for Old Men.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You guys make me think of law abiding citizen and fuck that ending. Good movie until the last minute or two

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
holy shit, this shit just jumped the shark.

this is BAD, they literally reshot a scene from Se7en. it was a slow burn til around 1h45 minutes. after that the movie put its pants over its head. thats too bad because there were 4 or so cool scenes up to that point. wow. another 30 minutes to go. will edit when i'm done

ok done. movie was waaaaaaaay too fucking long. the flood had no payoff though it was an interesting concept. the jeffrey dahmer Riddler was fucking pathetic. wasnt that Matt Reeves roomate? they tried so hard to be edgy they ripped off themes and an entire scenes from Se7en. the chick playing Catwoman has a nice little body, but her face looks like a mongoloid. its distracting. she has one line where she says "gotham is run by rich entitled white men" and my eyes rolled almost off my head considering she is digging Bats and she is mostly white, even in the movie her dad is white.
id say up until the last hour it was building up slowly to something, but it went into the toilet after Riddler was arrested. the end scene with Riddler and Joker was done so many times in better movies. is there some clause in a contract that they have to include that one scene in a prison where the next movie big bad has to reveal himself? none of this was new or all that interesting.
i did like some things.
Batman fleeing the police station was pretty sweet
Batman's car chase with Penguin was pretty sweet
Batman punching baddies pretty sweet.
Gotham's seawalls exploding was pretty sweet
the "noir" stuff is always cool
up to 1h45m, movie was ok-good
last hour was fucking stupid.
3 or 4 overall. it would have been a 5 or 6 if they hadnt shit the bed.

Just finished watching this.

-First half was REALLY good, was thinking it could potentially hit 9 out of 10 or better.

-Right around the time they caught Riddler and Catwoman dropped the "white privilege" line, it was kinda like new writers took over because it took a significant downturn

-Catwoman had a great little bod, her face showed pretty much zero affect for the entire movie though. On one hand the character is stone cold, on the other hand the actress sleepwalked through the role and barely actually acted the entire time. That kind of complete lack of affect is usually associated with psychopathic tendencies.

-Farrell was unrecognizable as Penguin, who had some great scenes

-Got some eye rolls out of the late-movie "guys on message boards who talk about guns and want to know the truth about things are terrorists". Yeah, we're always told that and yet it never seems to happen. Predictive programming I guess. Took me out of the third act.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Just finished watching this.

-First half was REALLY good, was thinking it could potentially hit 9 out of 10 or better.

-Right around the time they caught Riddler and Catwoman dropped the "white privilege" line, it was kinda like new writers took over because it took a significant downturn

-Catwoman had a great little bod, her face showed pretty much zero affect for the entire movie though. On one hand the character is stone cold, on the other hand the actress sleepwalked through the role and barely actually acted the entire time. That kind of complete lack of affect is usually associated with psychopathic tendencies.

-Farrell was unrecognizable as Penguin, who had some great scenes

-Got some eye rolls out of the late-movie "guys on message boards who talk about guns and want to know the truth about things are terrorists". Yeah, we're always told that and yet it never seems to happen. Predictive programming I guess. Took me out of the third act.
yeah, i think everyone mentioned the last hour downturn, even people who liked this film. if anyone watches this movie a second time, its gonna be like Full Metal Jacket where everyone nopes out after basic training and Lee Ermey's death, the movie essentially ended by the point Riddler gets caught. it ended for me when Bats went full retard about his dad.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

week 1 on HBO max

Mortal Kombat 2021 - 4.3m
The Batman 4.1m
Suicide Squad 2021 3.5m
Wonder Woman 1984 3.2m
The Matrix Trannys 3.2m
Dune 2.3m

Two big shocks for me - Mortal Kombat had 4..3m viewers first week, FUCK YEAH! Imagine how well they would do if they actually put out a good mortal kombat movie.

and 3.2m people watched WW84 at home and thought "... is that a fucking cheetah?"

I still haven't watched the new Mortal Kombat, not since that dumbass comment by the director that they left Johnny Cage out of the movie because "I don't think it's the right time to cast a white male as the hero of the movie"

A) Johnny was never "the hero", he was one member of a very diverse group of heroes

B) That isn't really why he was taken out of the movie, he was taken out so they could save him for credits sequelbait and give the audience a hook for the next one

So basically that dumbass comment was just virtue signaling for the purpose of virtue signaling and not actually reflective of the movie. Turned me off though. I guess I'm just thin-skinned now but I'm beyond tired of this stuff.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I’m behind in that I just finished this today. What the fuck was up with the ending?

“Haha. You never figured out my master plan to tell a bunch of 8chan dorks to shoot into a crowd?”

It was pretty solid up until that exact moment and the entire movie fell apart for me.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeah it's woke, cringe and a great reason I don't pay for HBO

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I still haven't watched the new Mortal Kombat, not since that dumbass comment by the director that they left Johnny Cage out of the movie because "I don't think it's the right time to cast a white male as the hero of the movie"

A) Johnny was never "the hero", he was one member of a very diverse group of heroes

B) That isn't really why he was taken out of the movie, he was taken out so they could save him for credits sequelbait and give the audience a hook for the next one

So basically that dumbass comment was just virtue signaling for the purpose of virtue signaling and not actually reflective of the movie. Turned me off though. I guess I'm just thin-skinned now but I'm beyond tired of this stuff.

Likewise I don't give a fuck.

Even if, as it was pointed out-- the casting and writing were done years prior to making that comment, I still don't care. I won't support it.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users