The Batman

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
They did the same shit as Ghostbusters, glad I didn't pay to see it.

SICK!!!!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This movie would've really benefitted from the "flood" being succesful, and wiping out the politicians or something. Directors are so scared to let "evil" sometimes win, it's gay.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This movie would've really benefitted from the "flood" being succesful, and wiping out the politicians or something. Directors are so scared to let "evil" sometimes win, it's gay.
those movies dont see the light of day usually because it "encourages homegrown violence". they also dont test well with audiences. everyone wants to see the bad guy foiled and the good guy trot off with the girl. of course there are some good exceptions, such as Usual Suspects and Sum Of All Fears. i actually didnt like SOAF because of that, even though i think it was well made. for some odd reason the Matrix (and listening to KMFDM) always gets connected to Columbine . they tried to get people not to watch Joker because it scared critics that it may inspire violence. yeah what a fucking surprise how that turned out the next year. must have been all Joker fans.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
those movies dont see the light of day usually because it "encourages homegrown violence". they also dont test well with audiences. everyone wants to see the bad guy foiled and the good guy trot off with the girl. of course there are some good exceptions, such as Usual Suspects and Sum Of All Fears. i actually didnt like SOAF because of that, even though i think it was well made. for some odd reason the Matrix (and listening to KMFDM) always gets connected to Columbine . they tried to get people not to watch Joker because it scared critics that it may inspire violence. yeah what a fucking surprise how that turned out the next year. must have been all Joker fans.
Swordfish. I think that's the only movie where the bad guy gets away/wins in recent memory.

Also how did the bad guy get away in sum of all fears?

• 1Like

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finally saw it. I loved it but I am a sucker for the slower paced detective stories. You can definitely see the influence of Zodiac and Seven, and the soundtrack was like a horror movie. My only real gripe is the final act doesn't really follow the logic of the Riddler's previous crimes. It's a great set piece but it could have been completely different & made no difference to the story. Contrast that with Seven where the ending makes complete sense with what came before and is the culmination of the killers plan.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Swordfish. I think that's the only movie where the bad guy gets away/wins in recent memory.

its been a long time, but wasnt the normal family actually a bunch of aloha snackbars and they blew a bunch of shit up with a nuke? maybe thats not technically getting away with it, but they executed their plan and got a bunch of virgins in the afterlife.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

The original ending of Die Hard 3 is in the deleted scenes and the bad guy wins there, in a way. Kind of wish they had gone with that ending. Both Phantsasm movies the villan was victorious as well, and those were decent horror movies for their era. Off the top of my head, well received movies where the bad guy won are pretty rare. One could arguably lump Godfather 1 and 2 in that list. And of course most recently, Infinity War. It works better in monster or horror format, but some thrillers it genious (No Way Out, Seven, Usual Suspects) and requires a very charismatic bad guy to pull off.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
its been a long time, but wasnt the normal family actually a bunch of aloha snackbars and they blew a bunch of shit up with a nuke? maybe thats not technically getting away with it, but they executed their plan and got a bunch of virgins in the afterlife.
Wat? The bad guy in sum of all fears was a german neonazi(changed to one, book version is not a neonazi) who gets killed at the end of the movie along with all his accomplices

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

more recent than swordfish would be no country for old men

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wat? The bad guy in sum of all fears was a german neonazi(changed to one, book version is not a neonazi) who gets killed at the end of the movie along with all his accomplices
But he does nuke the Superbowl and get WW3 started (though it is stopped soon afterwards).

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
i mean The Dark Knight ends with Joker essentially winning (Batman on the run, Harvey Dent dead)

Empire Strikes Back, Gone Girl, Fight Club are others

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
uh, wasnt there a family next door who were undercover aloha snackbars? and there is some chase under a bridge and a massive explosion? i think there were a few movies like that around the time. probably getting mixed up.