The Batman

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Didn't really feel like a batman movie. Could have replaced batman with any "anti-hero" type person and had the same movie.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Not bad, I rank this right behind the Dark Knight

I have the first half of The Batman firmly above Dark Knight.

It's The Dark Knight as a whole that wins out... The Batman (2022) was quite a ride for the first and second act.

That third act is the only way I got it below Dark Knight. Either way, it's in the top 2 Batman movies of all time.

• 1Like

The Morrigan

Potato del Grande
Probably the most believable Bruce Wayne I've seen. He actually seems like someone who's fucked up and is acting out to prevent others experiencing the trauma he went through. Other than that, there's not to say. Was decent with some good elements, but I won't be thinking about this a day from now. I think it's all just a bit played out now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
This is mostly viewed as good by foh. Don't pay attention to dumb fucks like astro.
You're going to call Chuk a dumb fuck for not liking this while providing evidence why it's not that good and then go immediately on the next page to say this?

y56yw45y5yw45y.jpg

giphy.gif

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You're going to call Chuk a dumb fuck for not liking this while providing evidence why it's not that good and then go immediately on the next page to say this?

View attachment 408566

View attachment 408567
it had a good first half, well, it was building a good movie, but fell utterly apart in the last hour. anyone still on board after sparkles goes full emo doesnt know movies.

• 2Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
it had a good first half, well, it was building a good movie, but fell utterly apart in the last hour. anyone still on board after sparkles goes full emo doesnt know movies.
Ya... Tom Servo is projecting like mad.

Game of Thrones lost all credibility due to this exact same problem. You gotta ace the landing. A plane flying smooth and steady for 6 hours then crashing at the end of the flight is still a disaster LoL... no spinning a bad ending.

The Batman overall sucked, Matt Reeves errr, Tom Servo . #DealWithIt

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ya... Tom Servo is projecting like mad.

Game of Thrones lost all credibility due to this exact same problem. You gotta ace the landing. A plane flying smooth and steady for 6 hours then crashing at the end of the flight is still a disaster LoL... no spinning a bad ending.

The Batman overall sucked, Matt Reeves errr, Tom Servo . #DealWithIt
its just some troll account. nothing of value. dont worry about it. its stupid to be mad at someone for not liking what you like.
Tom Servo=stupid

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I doubt he's a troll per se, but I also doubt he has any testicular fortitude whatsoever to be as (seemingly) upset at the fact people disliked a movie he liked.

spronk

FPS noob
start of movie: cool, its Batman year 3 I'm sick of the Origins shit in every movie
halfway thru movie: goddamn it fuck me

pretty meh, I liked some aspects of it, felt like Rocksteady's Batman series in some ways but also way too fucking long, Catman sucked ass (not literally sadly) and imo they didn't go hard enough in pushing the WHITE PEOPLE ARE EVIL narrative. Shoulda had a nazi Trump mayor roll in and start shooting some mexicans to really drive home that point.

i woulda been pissed if i wasted time going out to theaters to see it but at home, whatever. Worth a watch if you are a DC/Batman fan, but set your expectations in check. I'd rate it a solid average Batman flick, above the goofy ass shit but below Nolans, Batman 89, the Rocksteady games, and probably some of the animated stuff. There are definitely a lot of good scenes in here, especially the detective stuff.

the deleted Joker scene is on HBO Max under extras but pretty lame too. This movie made a ton of money so there will 100% be a Batman 2, probably expanding the villains.

• 4Like
  • 2Salty
Reactions: 5 users

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Move is 6/10 (5/10 is average)

The only compelling scene in the movie is around the 2 hour mark when Batman has a conversation with Riddler. Everything after that is trash. Everything before that is just okay.

The action was not compelling. The drama was not compelling. There were no discernible themes that this movie tried to convey. Cat woman whining about white privilege. Alfred had like two major scenes but had no insightful or thoughtful dialogue.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
It's funny how the people who dislike this movie are actually talking about the issues that the movie has with decent arguments behind them while the people who like this are just being dicks to the people who dislike the movie.

I'm positive that the same people that like The Batman are also the same people that like the newest Matrix.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's funny how the people who dislike this movie are actually talking about the issues that the movie has with decent arguments behind them while the people who like this are just being dicks to the people who dislike the movie.

I'm positive that the same people that like The Batman are also the same people that like the newest Matrix.
i look at it like somebody getting on a train, halfway to their destination, the track switches and instead of taking them to their vacation destination, they end up in Detroit after dark. and they still think they had a great trip.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

One does not need an argument to support liking something. I like carrot cake. I don't need supporting rationale such as "I enjoy the orange carrot on top as it adds an element of whimsy". I like it because eating it causes me joy.

It this movie a 10? No. Did I enjoy watching it? Yes. All that needs said on that.

• 1Like

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Probably not the best movie to start at midnight on a weekday, but fuck it.

Let‘s give her a go.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Meh. Overlong. I like Pattinson and Dano, but Colin Farrell was the best part of this.

• 2Like

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Gave it a watch, surprised I liked it as much as I did. I don't think it is a "better" batman film, but I definitely feel that Reeves will have a better playbook on how to move forward throughout whatever is coming from this universe.. Tbh, I wouldn't mind if a dceu jump started from this alas Ironman - > ect - > ect.

The actors character performances were great, even down to how it tied into henchmen as more/less follower copycats. Playing with the whole concept of putting on the cowl inspires others to do the same. I just hope however they move forward, it is consistent.. I'm interested to see how it dissects the psychology but also am interested to see how the criminal org builds and assuming by a penguin series, the strife between itself. I'd just like a proper Bane.

My hot take is more or less it felt like a grounded vers of TAS.. Just without the overt it's from a comic book.. It just felt consistent in the sense that the villain maintains the upper hand, and it's to batman to be resourceful/answer. Memory might be jacked, but the way I remembered pretty much all the previous movies was always some sort of damsel distress signal answering bat. Comics different story, too many writers/series.

I think the only scene that really fucking bugged me, was the initial cat v bat. I'd have to go back and watch it, but cat had black panther levels of cgi bad fighting.

Warpath

Golden Baronet of the Realm
oof. 4/10

started off ok but became a chore to watch. i liked the dark tone and the seven-esque murder mystery. pattinson has a good face for batman, but that's about it. i like batman jacked and pissed off. pattinson was too emo and soy for my taste.

reeked of sjw bullshit, constant eyerolls. don trump "mitchell" jr corrupt womanizing mayor vs hope and change illhan omar. downtrodden black victim cat woman vs white privilege and the patriarchy. black gordon and his mexican sidekick vs the corrupt white police force. lol'ed @ riddlers incel chatroom militia. lol'ed @ the flight suit sequence. jesus.

nolan/bale did it better. i still rewatch those movies if the mood strikes. no desire to watch this again

• 2Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I think the only scene that really fucking bugged me, was the initial cat v bat. I'd have to go back and watch it, but cat had black panther levels of cgi bad fighting.
Not sure how much was CG but a fucking ton of catwoman scenes were literally just sped up and looked very unnatural.

• 1Like