The Beer Thread

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Tree House makes a killer APA, Lights On, and a Blonde dry hopped ale called Eureka... and I can't drink until next week but plan to crush the 20 or so of those I have stashed.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I don't really have any seasonal go-to's, though i am pretty fond of a good lager+cider snake bite. Usually spaten lager and samuel smith organic cider

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've been downing Lagunitas Aunt Sally on the regular.

Are you a sours guy on the whole, or does that one just stand out? Sours aren't my fav. I also despise the Lagunitas founder and his duplicitous bullshit.

Tree House makes a killer APA, Lights On, and a Blonde dry hopped ale called Eureka... and I can't drink until next week but plan to crush the 20 or so of those I have stashed.

Treehouse doesn't ship anywhere near me. Can definitely get behind the juicy hops in NE style pale ales though.

I don't really have any seasonal go-to's, though i am pretty fond of a good lager+cider snake bite. Usually spaten lager and samuel smith organic cider

Never tried one, will have to give it ago if I end up with a pale lager and cider hanging around.

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
Are you a sours guy on the whole, or does that one just stand out? Sours aren't my fav. I also despise the Lagunitas founder and his duplicitous bullshit.

Treehouse doesn't ship anywhere near me. Can definitely get behind the juicy hops in NE style pale ales though.

Never tried one, will have to give it ago if I end up with a pale lager and cider hanging around.
There's also Guinness + pear cider if that sounds better. Haven't gotten around to trying one yet.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures

I generally like sours yes though too many of them out there have an overwhelming amount of sourness now. Aunt Sally is more in the Berliner style, which I prefer and aren't as common around here, with an ever so slight hops note. It's one of the better balanced sours I can easily find; more tart than full blown sour.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
One of my favorite local breweries made a gin&tonic beer... I haven't tried it yet but people are buying it out constantly. It's called Crazy Aunt: Crazy Aunt

Also, the second old family owned brewery in the US is a German Lager house, and they make the best pilsner I've ever had, and an amazing Hefe. Those are my summer crushers.

Also they just came out with an "ultra local" helles that I'm looking to try. Fort Road Helles - Schell's Brewery

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Anderson Valley released a G&T gose this year. It's pretty good. Not going to scramble for it or anything, but I would order it again.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
I generally like sours yes though too many of them out there have an overwhelming amount of sourness now. Aunt Sally is more in the Berliner style, which I prefer and aren't as common around here, with an ever so slight hops note. It's one of the better balanced sours I can easily find; more tart than full blown sour.

I had Grimms Blackberry Orange POP! It was the best sour I've ever had. Somewhat hard to get here in NY, but if you can try it. I recommend doing so.

Blackberry Orange Pop! | Grimm Artisanal Ales

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Anderson Valley released a G&T gose this year. It's pretty good. Not going to scramble for it or anything, but I would order it again.

Yeah it's ok. Not as good as their Briney Melon though.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I've been on a Czech Pils kick lately, specifically Pilsner Urquell in the 0.5 liter cans. Perfect session beer for the summer.

What's everyone else's easy drinking choice this summer?

My new favorite summer beer is Flying Dog's Dead Rise. It's got old bay in it. Delicious, and you can actually taste the old bay so it's not just a gimmick. It's the perfect crab picking beer. Highly recommend for any old bay fans.

I think this was the most Maryland post to ever be typed.

• 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 user

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Cigar city is finally distributing in NJ, so I can get jai alai without driving to another state. I also picked up a big bottle of Founder's Doom Imperial IPA aged in oak. I'm not usually a fan of IPAs in oak, but a few friends have been giving it a lot of praise. Not sure how long to age it, so we'll see.

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
Probably on the sweet/deserty side for some, but pretty damn tasty. Glad I have another bottle.

Hp6xbiN-hLnzT3JkER0gaivXSKqsb9caYH5Fv4d2PSBfwPtkfEk-HyybwLgFipwWzhDpD7Czi8ZYBHG1Zl62_L=w1356-h763-no

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I went to Triple Voodoo last night for the first time - which is stupid of me considering it's been open for three years now. They make a wonderful Belgian stout. Would get again.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I went coffee-beer heavy Sunday night and thought I was going to kill myself monday morning when I made coffee...

Praire Bomb, Golden Coffee Lager (Insight Banshee Cutter), Founders Sumatra Mountain, followed by Founders Breakfast Stout.

What a world where I can drink coffee and get shithoused.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I had the Founders Sumatra Mountain last weekend and thought it was pretty impressive. Tasted more like cold brew coffee than beer, and I definitely couldn't detect the 9.0% ABV

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kudos

<Banned>
Cigar city is finally distributing in NJ, so I can get jai alai without driving to another state. I also picked up a big bottle of Founder's Doom Imperial IPA aged in oak. I'm not usually a fan of IPAs in oak, but a few friends have been giving it a lot of praise. Not sure how long to age it, so we'll see.
Don't bother. Cigar City is a shell of its former self and Jai Alai has gone to shit after they modified the recipe for mass distribution outside of FL.

I mean it was always a malty mess for an IPA, but now it's just overhyped garbage. There are so many better and cheaper IPA's to buy at a grocery store.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah I wasn't impressed with Cigar City when I had them at the FSW Beer Invitational.

Speaking of, it's this weekend! That lineup.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Quick scan of that list:

Get the Omnipollo Noa Pecan Mud Bourbon barrel aged, the Side Project Apple Brandy Derivation (definitely going to be a line for this one), and if you like sours the The Bruery's Taking my Talents to Anaheim is the Bruery collab of DFPF from J Wakefield.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The lines for this are never bad. 3 Floyds brought Dark Lord last year and the line was 15 min tops at peak time. That's why it's $85 and sells out in a minute. With a ridiculous Monday 6am on-sale.