The Beer Thread

kudos

<Banned>
The lines for this are never bad. 3 Floyds brought Dark Lord last year and the line was 15 min tops at peak time. That's why it's $85 and sells out in a minute. With a ridiculous Monday 6am on-sale.
Anyone that still stands in line for Dark Lord is a moron.

I don't know if apple brandy barrels are hard to come by or what but it seems anything in apple brandy = instant beer nerd hard-on. I don't know why more brewers don't fleece these idiots out of their money more often.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah I was extremely underwhelmed by Dark Lord. Zombie Dust is definitely their premier beer for me. Though I haven't tried the other two they're bringing to this.

• 1Solidarity

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I did have Bourbon Vanilla Dark Lord at a share at one of our local breweries and it was top 3 stouts Ive ever had. But the standard is soy sauce.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, I split a bottle of the bourbon barrel vanilla bean DL and it is still one of my favorite beers.

The regular ain't bad, but it's not all that much better than Old Rasputin or Even More Jesus, and both of those are a fucking steal comparing price/availability.

kudos

<Banned>
Old Rasputin is what got me into craft. Great beer. It was the first beer where I could make out various flavors.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Old Rasputin is what got me into craft. Great beer. It was the first beer where I could make out various flavors.
It's pretty good, and it's available, and it's cheap, and it's consistent. Normally I can't get all 4 of those things together, especially for imperial stouts. Though, Evil Twin started selling 4 packs of tall boy Even More Jesus, and the cost/oz is just under Old Rasputin, it's almost always available, and it's been pretty consistent (lately). So I've been picking that up for my stout lately.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Would have like more berry flavor, was mostly on the nose. Otherwise, tasty and very refreshing.
buKAFEH-vE4q2eHuSPDUhODgI4-5y4Aq9xSoBXA4753I3q__aex9eJf0wmWPjHnGAVWL93KijHspWq_RsKN=w428-h760-no.jpg

Very nicely balanced, though the raspberry came across mostly as tartness.
fB5uaqpLEl38ujhm4N-EVH2wcvWHS5wtm8cZfRlJEyGUovSe3kgi9I4lq7O-P-Zkp7GhJxIncYa4CtBWoz=w1352-h760-no.jpg

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Unfortunately I missed out on the apple brandy beer at the beer fest. That one kicked really early. Got everything else though. Bruery probably had the best representation. Their beers were amazing.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I did not see any IPAs at their station. It was all sours, fruit beers, and heavy ass stouts. One was 19.4%. Not exactly the best beer on a 90+ degree day.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
In New Bern this weekend and at the Beer Army Burger Co. so had to try something new - chose Abbey Underground Barrel Aged, good but not the best to have with a meal.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Fucking awesome night in a friend's cellar... 2008 Bourbon County, 2014 Bourbon County, Founders- 2016 KBS, Sumatra Brown, 2014 Breakfast Stout, 2014 Curmudgeon, 2013 Backwoods Bastard, New Glarus Zwickle.
Now for some 60minute.

• 1Supertaster

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Big day of adult beverages for me - I have been at a local winery all afternoon celebrating a friend's birthday. I had the semi dry "covered bridge" and the dry "vignoles" today. Our Wines
Now I am briefly at home to freshen up, take care of the dog and eat some fabulous brisket that new man made for me and then heading to a street fest put on by a local small brewing company. Main and Mill ..They are "ok", sometimes reeeeeally close to being great, but mostly are good but with some misses. Looking forward to trying some of their new berliners - this is what their fb page read: BEERS & Locations:**We will be pouring our beer at 4 locations outside tomorrow.
-Behind the Brewery - Clyde's Ale Blonde and Peach Berliner
In front of the brewery - Clyde's Ale Blonde, Belgian Wit, ---
-Peach Berliner
-Between the stages at the beer truck - Clyde's Ale Blonde and Belgian Wit
-Entrance at Behring Street beer truck - Clyde's Ale Blonde
***In the taproom upstairs at the brewery we will be releasing a special Berliner beer every hour, on the hour starting at 1PM.
Yay Saturday!

• 1Like

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
That peach berliner will be great or terrible (hopefully great). DFH does their Festina Peche and it's great. Also the video where their owner talks about it... he farts in the middle of it and blames it on a wombat.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
That peach berliner will be great or terrible (hopefully great). DFH does their Festina Peche and it's great. Also the video where their owner talks about it... he farts in the middle of it and blames it on a wombat.
It was not great. :(
I switched to Urban Chestnut Zwickel and Hurricanes after; the berliners were off - off - off. They (the owners/brew master) are so nice and they have done such a great job with trying to revitalize the area. The food is good and some of their beers are tasty but not consistent (the blonde is the most consistent) so I will still support them and give them my business. But the beer - meh.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
It was not great. :(
I switched to Urban Chestnut Zwickel and Hurricanes after; the berliners were off - off - off. They (the owners/brew master) are so nice and they have done such a great job with trying to revitalize the area. The food is good and some of their beers are tasty but not consistent (the blonde is the most consistent) so I will still support them and give them my business. But the beer - meh.

Urban Chestnut makes good stuff, I've actually been there while visiting St Louis. Google kindly drove me 2-3 miles through the Grand St projects to get there. Google is a dick.