The Beer Thread

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Urban Chestnut makes good stuff, I've actually been there while visiting St Louis. Google kindly drove me 2-3 miles through the Grand St projects to get there. Google is a dick.
The brewmaster is a friend of a friend so I lean towards UC, plus it is easy to get as it is well distributed within the STL abd outlying area.

I like the STLIPA, but the vendors only had cans of Zwickel or Schnickelfritz, so I chose the Zwickel.

Oh, and Google can def. be a dick.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Going to a lame Canada Day party. What's a good Canadian beer I could bring?

I'd like to bring some Brew Free or Die IPA but my boss is throwing the party and I think I'd get fired.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
La Fin du Monde should be easy to find and is delicious.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Going to a lame Canada Day party. What's a good Canadian beer I could bring?

I'd like to bring some Brew Free or Die IPA but my boss is throwing the party and I think I'd get fired.
Creative Arts brewing is fairly new but they're making great hoppy beers.

McCheese

Good call on La Fin Du Monde. It was a hit, and bringing a quality Canadian beer helped balance out the fact that I was wearing a Captain America shirt and socks.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Good call on La Fin Du Monde. It was a hit, and bringing a quality Canadian beer helped balance out the fact that I was wearing a Captain America shirt and socks.
"Even Americans know how to pick better Canadian Beer than Canadians do."

• 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Had the new-ish Unfiltered Sculpin on tap last night. Really good. Definitely better than the standard Sculpin.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Had the new-ish Unfiltered Sculpin on tap last night. Really good. Definitely better than the standard Sculpin.
More of a NE style or what's the change beyond skipping the strainer?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It's closer to that style. It is somewhat fruity, but more subtle than NE styles I've had. This is more hoppy than the standard Sculpin.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
The unfiltered sculpin is the same ABV, so it appears that they left the recipe intact and just skipped that step. I liked it when I've had it.

Stone's enjoy by July 4th is also unfiltered and pretty awesome.

I scored a four pack of Troegs nimble giant double IPA yesterday, and it's probably the lightest and fruitiest big ABV IPA I've ever had

McCheese

Stone's enjoy by July 4th is also unfiltered and pretty awesome.

I was out last night and noticed the place had Stone's Unfiltered Enjoy by 7/4 so I gave it a try based on your recommendation. A++ very good will drink again (but probably not just because I won't be back there anytime soon).

• 1Quality Calories

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Got a quarter keg of big timber lager for the 4th cookout. I'm hoping it pushes me toward a kegerator, it seems like you can save some serious cash on local brews

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
no decisions, keg was a hit, but not sure sustainability wise, may be easier to just get a pony and ice during events.