The Beer Thread

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Hey - has anyone had the barrel aged coconut porter from Avery Brewing?
It is available on draft near me and there are a couple more that interest me; plus the food is decent. Not outstanding but good. Here is the (albeit small) current list.
The BEERHOUSE Bar in St. Louis - Drink menu

Let me know if you would be so kind. Flights there are cheap so I will likely try the weird thing anyway but I would love to know your opinions.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Hey - has anyone had the barrel aged coconut porter from Avery Brewing?
It is available on draft near me and there are a couple more that interest me; plus the food is decent. Not outstanding but good. Here is the (albeit small) current list.
The BEERHOUSE Bar in St. Louis - Drink menu

Let me know if you would be so kind. Flights there are cheap so I will likely try the weird thing anyway but I would love to know your opinions.
The coconut usually fades in the barrel, but it's a decent beer (better if you love coconut).
The Xocoveza from Stone is realllly good.
I've not had the velvet yeti before, but I love regular yeti and BA yeti.

I love DFH 60 Minute. It's the definition of a clean IPA.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Doing the Abita Brewery tour this Saturday in Louisiana. I am excited to drink Purple Haze from the source. Oh ya.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Got to try some of a friend's CBS, all it took was sharing some of my baptist stash. The double barrel baptist was from last year, and the four of us agreed it was the best of the bunch. The CBS was actually better than the KBS, even though it didn't have any age on it yet.

If you like coconut flavor in a beer, it is quite pronounced in the triple barrel baptist. For me, it was a little too much.

Big bad baptista is like Epic's xocoveza. Both of those are homeruns in my book.

part0 (1).jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
We met my daughter at the Carolina Ale House tonight for dinner, and they had Wicked Weed Pernicious on draft - so I ordered a pitcher just for me. Wife drove home - damn I’m still feeling it, but well worth it.

• 1Like

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Pemulis Pemulis That is a great line up. I love the Baptist series, and double barrel was one of my favorites. I ahven't tried triple barrel yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

I did manage to snag some of Veil's BA stout, and holy shit it's a better version of BCBS

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
New Belgium has a collaboration with Ben & Jerry's for a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ale.... tried one bottle last night, not very good. basically just tasted like a standard light ale, could barely taste any chocolate or cookie flavor.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
New Belgium has a collaboration with Ben & Jerry's for a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ale.... tried one bottle last night, not very good. basically just tasted like a standard light ale, could barely taste any chocolate or cookie flavor.
Pretty sure I tried this a few months back, definitely a pass.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'll strongly consider it. I like that beer fest. Weather is usually perfect, no lines are that bad, good selection. Food lines are terrible though. The weekend prior is the beer fest at Faction Brewing in Alameda and that's always a good one too.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves though. In a little over three weeks:

Schedule - SF Beer Week 2018

monnoh

Golden Squire

I tried my share of chocolate beers, most recently the Schokobräu from the chocolate museum in Köln, but never found a good one.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I tried my share of chocolate beers, most recently the Schokobräu from the chocolate museum in Köln, but never found a good one.

I really liked Shock Top Shockolate a few years ago just off the top of my head. And Atwater Brewery Decadent.

• 1Like

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Tried three-bean from Six Point last night and was surprised. I hadn't heard any hype about it and it was damn tastty.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Ameraves Ameraves Sycamore is having another Dogfish Head tap takeover on Feb 10. Pennsylvania Tuxedo confirmed on the list. Along with:

120 Minute IPA (18%)
World Wide Stout (18%)
2014 Burton Baton
2014 Palo Santo
Black and Blue
Higher Math
Flesh & Blood IPA
Seaquench Ale Sour

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Well shit, I'll have to let you know. I've started the Keto diet, so I'm trying to hold off on beer until the Spring Brew Fest over by us. I'll think on it and let you know