The Beer Thread

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Bottle Logic makes amazing stouts, Moksa is new, and is being led by one of the guys (unless im mistaken) by Mokstra coffee. It's the coffee used in some of the crazier coffee stouts to come out the last two years.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Bottle Logic is one fo the places I am aiming to hit in some kind of beer-cation.

That or Europe.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Definitely intended to check out a bunch of bottle logic. They're actually really close and just haven't made it out to try any of their stuff.

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
Opened up one of my Black And Blue BBLs | Bruery Terreux bottles. I've had the 'normal' Blue BBL's before and really enjoyed it, have been looking forward to this one as I'm a big fan of blackberry.

Smooth as hell for 16.3 % ABV, should have made sure to eat something before starting.

I'll steal some other guy's write up as it's pretty spot on with my thoughts:

Has a dark purple color. Little ring of tan head, some loose bits of lace. Really nice aroma - a lot like a dark chocolate covered blueberry, soaked in bourbon barrels. Nice dark bitter dark chocolate, some mild roast malt, hint of coffee. Not as sweet as I fear these big beers to be, in fact has a nice mild dryness to it. Moderate bitter, lighter sour, lighter sweet, with a nice bit of alcohol warmth on the back end but no burn nor bite. Easy to sip with the balance of taste, and the warmth on the back end helps to propel the aftertaste. Damn, for how strong this is, it's easy-sipping. Medium to bigger body, with a nice thicker chewiness that you'd expect from an American imperial stout. Light carbonation. Very enjoyable...

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
Bottle Logic is one fo the places I am aiming to hit in some kind of beer-cation.

That or Europe.
Southern CA is a pretty good destination for a beer-cation. I can hook you up with some Bruery stuff if you make it out this way.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Southern CA is a pretty good destination for a beer-cation. I can hook you up with some Bruery stuff if you make it out this way.
I might take you up on that, but first I need to actually plan a trip out there. Might end up being a family vacation with my parents and my kids, and wife and I get to sneak out someplace. My big problem is that the bottles I usually want to take home are a "wait in line" or "festival/release party" type. I can try and find a bunch of the Surly stuff, though this year they are moving the release party to Wisconsin so they can do some actual variations and a big release party.

Needless

Toe Sucker
anyone try that 'winter is here' double white ale from Ommegang? i was gonna grab it yesterday but i -really- didn't want to spend $15 on a bottle of GoT themed beer lmao

i remember having the fire and blood one back in 2014, i didn't realize they were re-releasing them again?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
They do different GoT themed beers every year I believe. I used to go to their BCTC festival annually and they always handed out bottles of that year's GoT batch as part of the ticket package.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Going to a beer festival tomorrow, seems like it's -mostly- just canadian breweries though :(
any Murican breweries stand out from this list? spoilering for length

Lol just saw theres a 'moonshine' company attending from SC

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Founders is sort of large scale but can bring some awesome beers. Get KBS or CBS if it's available.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
Beer time. Everything is good so far. Gotta behave as I'm watching my daughter this evening so the wife can go to a friend's anniversary party. MVIMG_20180505_134749.jpg

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Any of our CA brethren try Offshoot beers yet? The Bruery spinoff? Relax - a hazy IPA is delicious. First of theirs I've tried.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Had a couple Almanac sours last night for the first time. Had "White Label" and "Valley of the Heart's Delight". The White Label was right up my alley, really tart and nice. I was pretty meh on the Valley, didn't have much bite and was a little too fruity for my tastes.

It's a good thing I don't drink much anymore because sours just keep getting more and more expensive. Those 2 little 375ml bottles were $11.99 each.

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
Any of our CA brethren try Offshoot beers yet? The Bruery spinoff? Relax - a hazy IPA is delicious. First of theirs I've tried.
IPAs aren't typically my first choice, but Ive had most of them so far; largely above average, a couple I wasn't a fan of, and a few that were ridiculously good.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I tried a couple goze's recently, surprisingly decent — considering i don't particularly like sour beers

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
I tried a couple goze's recently, surprisingly decent — considering i don't particularly like sour beers
A goze can be a pretty entry point to sour/tart beers. At least the ones ive had were just enough to be refreshing Sierra Nevadas is really nice, cactus and grapefruit iirc. Can't remember the name atm.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
Founders is sort of large scale but can bring some awesome beers. Get KBS or CBS if it's available.
Just saw both of these at the bevmo near work. Pretty surprised as i'm down in southern california. the 6 pack of kbs was $25 and a 4 of CBS was $12