The Beer Thread

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Pliny the Younger comes out soon...

My wife works for RRBC so I might go get a "skip the line and taste free" advantage

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Pliny the Younger comes out soon...

My wife works for RRBC so I might go get a "skip the line and taste free" advantage

Monk's Kettle is going to have a keg on Feb 14 that they're tapping at noon. Sounds like a good skip work day.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm off to Orange County for business. Staying in Irvine. Are there any breweries worth visiting beyond Bruery? I have no problem going there again because they're bomb, but I wouldn't mind trying something new.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Word. I was thinking Noble but Bottle Logic looks really close so I may check that out instead.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Unfortunately I got dragged into a dinner last night and couldn't hit up any breweries. My sad Orange County trip got even sadder.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Cajuns across the land are freaking out and buying up these at local stores.

GHOST IN THE MACHINE

Ghost in the Machine - it’s overpriced, but smooth and offers something different. The description doesn’t really explain the taste well- it’s more thick and tasty than anything close to fruity tasting. I’d say give it a shot if you’re in the area.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Gonna get some Pliny the Younger in 30. Thank god I don't have to wait in that line.

• 1Quality Calories

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Gonna get some Pliny the Younger in 30. Thank god I don't have to wait in that line.
Some people from work went up this weekend with their wives. Not sure how long they made it in the line :D

• 1Worf

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Alex Alex have you decided on the Spring Brewfest over in my hood? We got our tickets already, so let me know if you are going.

Oh, and if you do, my buddy Josh found this for you :D

5116.jpg

• 1Worf

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
But I'm only 31.

I will not be going this year. Going to the Faction fest in Alameda the weekend prior. I can't handle back-to-back weekend beer fests.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
But I'm only 31.

I will not be going this year. Going to the Faction fest in Alameda the weekend prior. I can't handle back-to-back weekend beer fests.
It's because you're over 30 now. Body can't recover as quickly!

No worries, we'll catch up at the next one

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Just bough tickets for The Bruery's 10th Anniversary event. I have another thing to go to that same night that I need to be functional for, gotta keep myself in check.

Looks like all California stuff, but at least half of them I haven't had anything of their beers. Recommendations welcome.

The Bruery Store | Detail

Partcipating Breweries Include:
The Bruery
Offshoot Beer Co.
Bruery Terreux
Smog City Brewing Company
Societe Brewing Company
Stone Brewing
The Collective Brewing Project
The Lost Abbey
The Rare Barrel
Third Window Brewing
Three Weavers Brewing Company
Noble Ale Works
Notion Brewing
Phantom Carriage Brewery
Libertine Brewing Company
Mason Ale Works
Modern Times Beer
Moksa Brewing
Casa Agria Specialty Ales
Cellador Ales
FiftyFifty Brewing Co.
Firestone Walker Brewing Company & Barrelworks
Good Beer Company
Great Notion Brewing
Green Cheek Beer Co.
Alesmith Brewing Company
Almanac Beer Co.
Bagby Beer Company
Beachwood Brewing & Blendery
Bottle Logic Brewing

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Rare Barrel is my favorite sour brewer. Wish their tasting room had better hours. It's worse than going to the bank.

Avoid Libertine completely. They're not good. Though their taproom in San Luis Obispo is legit. Because they have like 40 guest taps.