The Beer Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
What region are you in?
I'm in the DC area. I'm lucky that I live within 15 minutes of half a dozen breweries, so I've always got good, fresh beers at hand.

I worded my post poorly. It's not that I don't know what good beers to try or how to find suggestions. It's that I am enjoying trying beers that I'd otherwise never even give a second look because I'm focused on the ones I've seen suggested online, word of mouth, or whatever. That Nordic jam elderberry lager is a good example. I don't usually drink lagers, and especially not elderberry flavored ones. If I'd seen that suggested by someone--even if it was super highly recommended--I probably would have ignored it since it isn't my style.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Stouts

I just had this the other day and thought it was great.

73a28acf8c9a137b13ab5a96950a1ead_640x640.jpg

For easy to find nationwide stuff...

Any of the Founders stuff obviously.
North Coast Old Rasputin
Dragon's Milk (the white is interesting too)
Epic Big Bad Baptist

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Epic big bad bastard
Founders breakfast stout, Kentucky breakfast stout, Canadian breakfast stout
Goose island bourbon county stout
Stone xocoveza

Tried all those except the Stone Xocoveza...will snag that next. Founders is my go to.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I finally got around to opening my second bottle of 8 Maids. So smooth and tasty, I could drink it year round.

1618644401898.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah our Walmart has shit choices for actual craft beer. Lowe’s Food and Publix here have a really good selection, and lots of local breweries represented at better prices anyway.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I thought it was laughable they even had a section labeled for craft beer at all, and then they shove the seltzer crap in there on top of it. lol

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
I hate this seltzer BS, it's fine for women, if I see a man drinking one, that is not a man. Just had Stone's 25 anniversary Triple IPA 12.5 ABV and 100 IBU's a complete pallet destroying IPA.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I’ve had a couple seltzer’s that were fine, they aren’t the zero carb/calorie ones though. I say drink what you like, life’s too short.

Ill take a nice gose or dry hopped lager if I want something refreshing with alcohol.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
I’ve had a couple seltzer’s that were fine, they aren’t the zero carb/calorie ones though. I say drink what you like, life’s too short.

Ill take a nice gose or dry hopped lager if I want something refreshing with alcohol.
There you go, drink what you like.