The Beer Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Going up to Tahoe for a long weekend and the weather calls for cold and snow. Definitely gonna bring up some quality heavy ass stouts for it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
#1 of the season:

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Got these this morning. Shit is way too expensive and couldn’t find the other flavors, but I splurge for them every year when I can get them.
24E8E330-EF9E-47CB-AF54-DFDA098BD1D2.jpeg
B6782134-C2DB-4FC5-B0C0-2391CFC4140B.jpeg
F5D29D2D-C020-4A24-939C-158F17B590FB.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Those aren't even the expensive ones...

Final total:
5 normal bottles
2 of each of the three regular variants (Coffee/Maple, Tea, Carmel Apple)
1 of each of the boxes (Weller/Old Forrester)
IMG_5230.jpg
IMG_5231.jpg

Last edited:

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah I couldn’t find the birthday or anniversary anywhere. Did flights of the 3 flavored and the normal tonight. Carmella was good but a bit sweet to drink much of. #4 was probably the best coffee stout I’ve had, but I’ll admit that’s not really my thing. The tea one was a bit weird but better than I thought it would be. The original seemed a bit more bourbon flavored than the last few years.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah I couldn’t find the birthday or anniversary anywhere. Did flights of the 3 flavored and the normal tonight. Carmella was good but a bit sweet to drink much of. #4 was probably the best coffee stout I’ve had, but I’ll admit that’s not really my thing. The tea one was a bit weird but better than I thought it would be. The original seemed a bit more bourbon flavored than the last few years.
I've only had one of the original (though, if I had somehow managed 3 of the "regular", I'd be lining them up one per day), and I thought it was great.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
On the other end of the price spectrum, I've really been enjoying the Yuengling Hershey porter. It's definitely more chocolatey than a lot of porters. I like it more than some pricier chocolate porters I've had.

hershey.jpg

• 1Like

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
On the other end of the price spectrum, I've really been enjoying the Yuengling Hershey porter. It's definitely more chocolatey than a lot of porters. I like it more than some pricier chocolate porters I've had.

View attachment 320631
Man, we just started getting Yuengling in my area and I'd buy that just to try it.

How sweet is it? A lot of the chocolate beers I've had are diabeetus-bombs.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider

View attachment 320631

I was VERY skeptical of this. As much as like Yuengling as cheap(er) go-to, I couldn't think of them doing a porter well when I first saw this. But after reading some reviews online, I will definitely need to pick a pack of this up to try.

On another note, the Founder's KBS 'Maple Mackinac Fudge' was EXCEPTIONAL. It was to me a much better version of their CBS. I would highly recommend for anyone topick some up if they can. It is a pretty sweet beer, but well balanced with the other notes/flavors, just want to give a warning (if the name wasn't enough of a give-away).

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I was VERY skeptical of this. As much as like Yuengling as cheap(er) go-to, I couldn't think of them doing a porter well when I first saw this. But after reading some reviews online, I will definitely need to pick a pack of this up to try.

On another note, the Founder's KBS 'Maple Mackinac Fudge' was EXCEPTIONAL. It was to me a much better version of their CBS. I would highly recommend for anyone topick some up if they can. It is a pretty sweet beer, but well balanced with the other notes/flavors, just want to give a warning (if the name wasn't enough of a give-away).
The espresso one was very good as well but swung the other way with being less sweet.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Man, we just started getting Yuengling in my area and I'd buy that just to try it.

How sweet is it? A lot of the chocolate beers I've had are diabeetus-bombs.
It's definitely sweet. It doesn't have many other flavors besides the chocolate. I've been drinking one and then switching to an IPA. I'm not sure I'd want to drink more than one of the Hershey back to back.

• 1Like

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Picked up a 4 pack of this rheingeist/boulevard collab, "Crust Fall", and it was really good. Got a little too sweet as it warmed up and I wish it had little crust/biscuitiness.

Tonight I'm working on Christmas Pancakes. Nice strong dark stout that isn't too heavy. I wish the maple syrup flavor came through a little more strongly, but the spice balance is spot on.

Tidalwave

Trakanon Raider
I have a pretty nice home brew set up. Have a kezzer with three taps and cornies. Just started doing all grain batches with your typical Home Depot cooler mash tun. The biggest issue I have right now is I don't have very good fermentation temperature control. Total I have maybe a dozen beers under my belt, nothing to the quality I hope to reach as of yet, but nothing that wasn't decent-to-good either.
View attachment 14539
View attachment 14540

View attachment 13947

View attachment 13949

View attachment 14341

View attachment 14344

Last edited:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Picked up a 4 pack of this rheingeist/boulevard collab, "Crust Fall", and it was really good. Got a little too sweet as it warmed up and I wish it had little crust/biscuitiness.

Tonight I'm working on Christmas Pancakes. Nice strong dark stout that isn't too heavy. I wish the maple syrup flavor came through a little more strongly, but the spice balance is spot on.

I'm not the biggest Rhinegeist. Being from Cincy, I drink my fair share of it when back there. I feel like their move is to pack as much hop flavor as possible into their beers.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm not the biggest Rhinegeist. Being from Cincy, I drink my fair share of it when back there. I feel like their move is to pack as much hop flavor as possible into their beers.
I've only had a few brought to me by a friend, and they were pretty good. Not amazing but certainly something I'd take as a stand-by or everyday beer... but I've got Founder's All Day or random amazing lagers in my area and.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Randomly got a bottle of Bourbon County from my mom and it was one of the single barrel varieties aged in Buffalo Trace barrels only and not combined with other barrels. Gonna open it in 3 years.
80D45F68-E77F-465D-981C-926E162B09CC.jpeg

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Reviewing 3 Floyds Zombie Dust and Gumballhead after finding them in a store while on vacation... Nothing special at all. Maybe years ago when you couldn't get many great beers locally.. But these, they're fine, but nothing that I can't go buy at the store all day long otherwise.