The Beer Thread

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
They're big beer drinkers (daily), but they drink shit-tier beer I'd be guessing. The reasoning is sound, but I'm not sure if they'd like the hardcore stuff like you said. They definitely wouldn't follow the infograph posted above.
I have friends like that. Huge beer drinkers, but won't touch anything but Molson Canadian or Kokanee. Getting them a BoTM subscription is a bad idea as anyone who would be interested in trying new stuff would have already. If they are anything like my friends, they know what's out there, but they think everything besides big commercial beer is complete shit and gross.

Expanding to anything past watery macro beer is going to take a lot more than getting a few samples of better beer in the mail. I really doubt they would enjoy it.

CeNo65_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_36244.jpg
rrr_img_36245.jpg
rrr_img_36246.jpg
rrr_img_36247.jpg
rrr_img_36248.jpg
rrr_img_36249.jpg

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
lol Ceno, what's with the neg man? Did I offend you in some way or are you trying to sell me Pledge?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
To each their own, I don't really like beer so it was bearable to me. Slater's however is the shit, I got to try it while in SD a few month's back and I'm pretty jealous we don't have one here.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you live in the New Orleans area Abita is testing a new beer at some bars that is a sort of mixture of their strawberry harvest and andigator called strawator. You should go out and drink as much as you can while you can, I want them to start bottling this stuff.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Summer Shandy is good in that it's refreshing and tastes exactly like you'd expect: lemonade. However, it can hardly be considered a beer. I categorize it as more of a Mike's Hard Lemonade than an actual beer.

quse

the pupe
If you like grapefruit, it's amazing. If you don't, it's shitty. I don't, but I know it's a good beer and just not my thing.
Yep. The grapefruit flavor is really strong and very grapefruity.

If you like grapefruit and beer, I really recommend giving it a try.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't give a fuck, I drink all my beers as cold as possible. As much as I love double IPAs and quads, I also hate warm fucking beer.

Also, grapefruit beer? What the FUCK?! I wouldn't drink that on a bet.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I don't give a fuck, I drink all my beers as cold as possible. As much as I love double IPAs and quads, I also hate warm fucking beer.

Also, grapefruit beer? What the FUCK?! I wouldn't drink that on a bet.
Almost freezing and warm are opposite ends of the spectrum... there's a healthy middle ground where you can actually taste beer instead of "almost getting frost bite on your tongue".

And yes, on some of the beers (not sure on Stiegl) they substitute in grapefruit juice (raw, fresh, etc) for the water or add it into the secondary fermentation. it's not like grapefruit juice poured into the beer.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I don't understand the dislike for grapefruit flavored beer. Sure, if you don't like grapefruit juice then you probably won't like it, but there are plenty of beers with flavors like orange and lime and no one has a problem with them. It seems like grapefruit is a logical extension of that. I'd like to try it some time.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
I don't understand the dislike for grapefruit flavored beer. Sure, if you don't like grapefruit juice then you probably won't like it, but there are plenty of beers with flavors like orange and lime and no one has a problem with them. It seems like grapefruit is a logical extension of that. I'd like to try it some time.
In terms of fruit flavors, now I'm curious if a grenadine flavored beer could be pulled. Love that shit in coke, wonder if it translates.