The Beer Thread

Lenas

Trump's Staff
This shit right here

ra_beer_prodshot12_sm.png

ra_beer_prodshot12_sm.png

Silayn

Trakanon Raider
So does anyone on here brew their own? Pretty fun/cheap hobby. All of your family and friends will love it too. I've made everything from lager, wheats, pales, porters, stouts.

I'm going to brew a centennial hopped pale today or tomorrow, then an oatmeal stout in a few weeks. Next step is switching to all grain, not that the extract brews are bad, and I'll still do them from time to time I imagine...I'm just ready to make the move.

The last pale I used a shit ton of citra hops, it turned out great but was a little expensive. I'm going to try it again soon, I'll try doing the same recipe but all grain next time, see how much different it tastes.
I have a 25BBL production system, i put out about 5k BBLs a year. I also drink for a living.

As soon as i get my new Microscope i will plate shocktop for you guys. Nothing says craft beer like fake craft beer.

received an early xmas present yesterday - a collection of various types of beer glasses!

interestingly i decided on Chivas @ the liquor store over an assorted 12 pack of brews about 15 mins prior to receiving the pack of glasses.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
It seems like once microbreweries get into that "top 10 biggest microbrews" range, they start to get way too much attention from the mega beverage corporations and can't avoid getting bought up forever. I'm actually surprised that Sam Adams/Boston Brewing Co has remained independent all this time, as massive as they are now.

If fear that my local "mega" microbrew, Boulevard, doesn't garner too much attention from the big boys now that they are one of the largest microbreweries.

As an aside, picked up the newest batch of Rye on Rye yesterday, it's phenomenal.

rrr_img_1704.jpg

boulevard-rye-on-rye-sales.png

11% ABV. Put down a bottle last night(along with a couple other random beers) and was moving a little slow this morning. Shits damn potent for a beer.

rrr_img_1704.jpg

boulevard-rye-on-rye-sales.png

Tral_sl

shitlord
I think I've seen beers by them here. I need to pick one up, never tried it. But I love me some rye beer and rye whiskey.

Pulling out an accidentally-aged La Fin du Monde tonight. Moved a few months ago and forgot I stashed some beer in a box.

piggvomit_sl

shitlord
Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat
Magic Hat #9
Any Samuel Adams Seasonal- even Boston lager
Fat Tire when I got to go cheap.

Unfortunately I have too much of an expensive taste in beer-
Cheap cheap cheap- Coors Light or Budlight Lime when its summer time and im out at the lake.

Silayn

Trakanon Raider
This. I'm pretty afraid that Goose Island (and particularly BCBS) may end up in the same downward spiral of quality.
http://www.brewersassociation.org/pa...brewer-defined

There is a poster down at the bottom that i wanted to post to help inform you guys. When i get time i will also post who owns what brands it is really interesting. There also was a CNN article bringing light to about 80% of the beer on the average grocery shelf is controlled by 2 companies.

Goose Island will go on a downward spiral, that same thing that happened with Fordham and Old Dominion. Some people will care, some will not. People are stupid they will remember that they used to drink that brand of beer and try it again thinking to themselves that it used to taste like that and the crap that they are currently drinking is still that same quality.

Flavor and Memory go hand in hand. If you ever had an issue drinking any style of spirits just the smell of that spirit will make you get sick. If you ever had a bad experience at a food establishment you do not go back there. People drink things ice cold so you do not have to taste what you consume because if you tasted it, you would not drink it.

I am home from work so /rant off

And i am currently drinking Gueuze Fond Tradition from Castle brewery.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
my local "mega" microbrew, Boulevard
One of the reasons I miss going to KC for work. Every time I went there a plate of Jack's Stack burnt ends and a boulevard unfiltered wheat was my first meal.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Jack Stack is great, and the Costcos around KC carry Jack Stack burnt ends as well, always load up and put some in the freezer every time I go.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Most of the Goose Island guys have left at this point and started their own breweries either together or individually. I think that maybe only one of the executives/brewers is still left and working for the subsidiary.

Obscene_sl

shitlord
Delicious, delicious beer. Ive tried all but the IPA, and have never been let down

MacAndJacksBrewery_zps4641a33e.jpg

http://www.macandjacks.com/
Q: Can I find Mac & Jack's outside of the Northwest?
A: We get calls from all over the United States and we thank you for your interest! At the current time Mac & Jack's is sold only in Washington, Oregon and Idaho.
Kinda feel sorry for the other 47. . . 'cept Texas.

MacAndJacksBrewery_zps4641a33e.jpg