The Beer Thread

quse

the pupe
Boulevard Wheat on tap with a lemon is easily one of my top choices of all time. I absolutely love it.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
Ayinger's Brau-Weisse. Delicious, and has a very unique cap if youre into small hoarding/collecting/serial beer drinking trophies.
[/IMG]
Weihenstephaner or Koenig Ludwig are my favourite weissbiers for sure, but Ayinger makes a great one also.

I also love Ayinger's Oktoberfest-Maerzen. You could drink gallons of this stuff and never find it overwhelming.

Ayinger_Oktober_Fest-Marzen.jpg

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Beer is a hobby of mine, and I have done some all-grain home brewing with a friend who has the full setup.

The best APA/IPA I've ever had is Surly Furious. Unfortunately, it's only distributed in MN and maybe WI unless they expanded recently. I live in TX. If they get big enough to distribute here, they will probably dumb down the recipe and I will be sad.

In TX, the best two pales I've had are (512) IPA and Southern Star Pine Belt Pale. Saint Arnolds makes a surprisingly good double IPA called Endeavor as well. I've visited the majority of the craft breweries in Houston & Austin, and a couple in San Antonio & Dallas. Anyone else have some TX favorites to share?

Obscene_sl

shitlord
If you like that, also check out Georgetown Brewing. The guy who made the African Amber (and several other of Mac and Jacks recipes) is now the head brewer at Georgetown.
Mm Never knew that! I've had the Manny's Pale before and it was good! I think I might have to go hunting for the others. Thanks for the tip!

Had the Ayinger Altbairisch Dunkel last night, wasn't too bad. Anything Ayinger produces is quality.

Also, I usually avoid Sam Adam's (simply not a fan), but I had their Merry Mishief Gingerbread Stout last night, and it was good. Tastes exactly like a cookie. Definitely recommend it for this holiday season.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Tried this at my local Londoner Restaurant and love it. It's got that strong flavor to it and will get you buzzed fast. It also has a fucking trinket around the neck! Badass!

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
Westvleteren xii just got advertised in the liquor store I go to. $75 for a 6 pack, fuck me.

YIMMY_sl

shitlord
Leinenkugel Sunset wheat was named the fruit-loop beer with my group of friends. Even though I am an IPA guy, I think it tastes great.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm seeing some German beer love here, so a few recommendations you can probably find easily:

Doppelbock - Spaten Optimator --> Celebrator is better, but costs about 2x as much. Optimator is good and pretty easy to find.
Hefeweizen - Franziskaner --> if you like Shock Top, Blue Moon or Sunset Wheat, give the German style they originated from a try. (For the beer geeks: the listed beers may be more Belgian Wit style, but who's counting?)
Weizenbock - Schneider Aventinus --> A dark wheat bock, sort of a mix of the two styles above. Tastes kind of like banana bread. Typically comes in a purple pint bottle.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Doppelbock - Spaten Optimator --> Celebrator is better, but costs about 2x as much. Optimator is good and pretty easy to find.
I'll second this suggestion. Spaten Optimator Doppelbock has an excellent balance of price, availability, and taste.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I'll add my recommendation to Spaten Optimator and the Franziskaner hefe as well. Both solid and easy to find beers.