The Beer Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Palm is delicious. One of my regular spots used to always have it on tap. They don't anymore.
frown.png

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone else just can't drink heavy shit during the summer? Like I cannot drink a Chimay right now, it makes me want to vomit.

But I'll drink a fucking Modelo. What is going on with my taste buds?!

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's just not fun to drink a fucking 12% ass kicker in 92 degree weather.

I need something to cool me off.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
My favorite beers in the summer are hefes and belgian whites (real belgian whites, not knock off american wheats like Blue Moon)

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I just drink a lot of shitty beer(Olympia/Rainier are the gotos) in the summer, just hard to carry a 12 pack of bottles around when going to the river or out at parks. Plus it's less painful on the wallet since we are summer alcoholics.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Plus it's less painful on the wallet since we are summer alcoholics.
If we are just talking the alcoholic factor, for just the alcohol content a $9.99 six-pack of 12oz bottles/cans of 7.0% ABV IPA is cheaper than a $5.99 six-pack of 16oz tallboys of 4.6% ABV Rainier.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If you're really min/maxing you can get a bottle of shitty 151 vodka for $8 at the liquor store!

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
If we are just talking the alcoholic factor, for just the alcohol content a $9.99 six-pack of 12oz bottles/cans of 7.0% ABV IPA is cheaper than a $5.99 six-pack of 16oz tallboys of 4.6% ABV Rainier.
IPAs are a terrible river beer, It's about quantity, not quality.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Oh man, I golf WAY better with a few IPAs in me, or do I just think I golf better... either way, it works for me.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Anyways... back to my sour adventures, I found acherry sour in cans from Black Market Brewing.The very few reviews I read were mixed but I thought that might have just been a presentation issue. Since it came in cans and was very reasonably priced I wondered if the sour-snobs would poopoo it.

I really wanted to like this beer but unfortunately it really fell short compared to many of the other sours I've had. It does have a pleasant tartness and decent cherry flavor but neither flavors were very assertive. Plus there was something off-putting hiding in there. I think it was diacetyl (buttered-popcorn flavor, usually caused by rushed and/or sloppy fermentations) but tough to tell with the tartness and cherry flavors. It was more noticeable in the aroma than the flavor. I wouldn't call it a dumper but I probably won't be picking it up again or trying the blackberry version.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Oh man, I golf WAY better with a few IPAs in me, or do I just think I golf better... either way, it works for me.
I can't drink when I golf. I went golfing today for the fourth time this year, was having a great round on the front too. Shot a 39 and then....

drank 3 sierra nevadas from the 8th hole to the 13th hole and completely ruined my round. Ended up shooting an 83.