The Beer Thread

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
A friend of mine got ahold of "Sip of Sunshine" IPA from Lawson't Finest Liquids. It's been quite a while since a beer totally blew me away like that. He also had a Heady Topper that we split, and it paled in comparison.

On a different note, I totally hate this new trend of adding citrus juice to IPAs. Getting citrus flavors from hops is awesome. Adding blood orange juice to beer is not.
I believe that Ballist Point does a well job of adding the flavor to their IPA with it not getting out of hand. I have yet to try the Pineapple...something fresh for the summer time.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I got a pack of the Grapefruit Sculpin. It's nice but I don't think anything special. I like the Watermelon Dorado better.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Opened up one each of these Friday night. Would definitely recommend either.

rrr_img_129751.jpg

rrr_img_129752.jpg

Cud

Lord Nagafen Raider
The Humulus Triple was tasty when I had it. My mule has yet to go out to get this quarters preservation and I eagerly await the Ride that Bear.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
Not exactly beer related but my wife's first attempt at hopped mead is finally finished and it turned out awesome. It is triple hopped with citra, cascade, and centennial hops and finished with a dry hopping of cascade. Before the final bottling we weren't sure how it would turn out from tasting it, but the last couple months sitting in the bottles really rounded out the flavour and added the perfect amount of carbonation.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Founders KBS has hit shelves around here and pretty much sold out in less than 48 hours. I got a friend's place to stash me two on the first day for $8 each and bought the last at another store on the way home from work today.

Tenks

I'm taking the "Sculpin tour" lately. Even though one isn't really a sculpin but its kind of the same deal.

#1) Watermelon Dorado
#2) Pineapple Sculpin
#3) Grapefruit Sculpin

I doubt I'll try the Habanero one. Watermelon may be #1 because I got it on tap in my growler. The two sculpins were bottled.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm taking the "Sculpin tour" lately. Even though one isn't really a sculpin but its kind of the same deal.

#1) Watermelon Dorado
#2) Pineapple Sculpin
#3) Grapefruit Sculpin

I doubt I'll try the Habanero one. Watermelon may be #1 because I got it on tap in my growler. The two sculpins were bottled.
It's worth it to try it.

Tenks

I'm just not a fan of pepper beers. Especially since these sculpins are like $13 a 6 pack I don't want to buy it, try it out and then end up pouring half the bottles down the drain.

I also only got one Pineapple beer. My wife was fiending on them.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not exactly beer related but my wife's first attempt at hopped mead is finally finished and it turned out awesome. It is triple hopped with citra, cascade, and centennial hops and finished with a dry hopping of cascade. Before the final bottling we weren't sure how it would turn out from tasting it, but the last couple months sitting in the bottles really rounded out the flavour and added the perfect amount of carbonation.
I would not have guessed that would be good, that's a ton of aroma hops. Great, now I'm curious.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider

#1) Watermelon Dorado
#2) Pineapple Sculpin
#3) Grapefruit Sculpin

I've had the Grapefruit one, and found it overpowering. "You know what this beer that tastes like a slightly piney grapefruit needs? A SHITLOAD MORE GRAPEFRUIT!!" But a lot of people love it.

Tenks

I've had the Grapefruit one, and found it overpowering. "You know what this beer that tastes like a slightly piney grapefruit needs? A SHITLOAD MORE GRAPEFRUIT!!" But a lot of people love it.
Thats weird because my wife and I both agree that you can't taste the grapefruit *at all* in the beer. It just tastes like a straight IPA to both of us. The pineapple and the watermelon you get a very noticeable fruit accent to the flavor.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
No judgement here, everyone has different tastes. A decade or more ago, in one of my first experiences with craft beer tasting, the brewer at the place asked me what I tasted in his IPA. I told him burning tire. He wasn't amused and I wasn't joking; I just hadn't developed the palate for IPA then. After working at it more, I clearly remember Deschutes Mirror Pond being the first pale I liked.

My taste in beer has come a long way since.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The grapefruit flavor in Grapefruit Sculpin is pretty strong. Victory at Sea is goddamn egregious with their flavors. I can't even tell a difference between the Peppermint and the Peanut Butter. How the fuck do those two taste so similar?