The Beer Thread

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Was only able to grab 2 bottles due to the 'limit 2 per customer' and the fact that the liquorstore owner was right there during checkout. I know the guy that checked me out and he said to come back tomorrow and he'll sell me up to (3) 4-packs tomorrow if they have any left.

rrr_img_131667.jpg

opiate82

Bronze Squire
8.50 a 22oz (750ml)? Fuck that's cheap. Even a 12oz that's cheap.
It's actually a 16.9oz bottle fwiw. Depends on where you are and what taxes are applied obviously but up here in the PNW $8.50ish for a 22oz of good DIPA is pretty standard.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
It's actually a 16.9oz bottle fwiw. Depends on where you are and what taxes are applied obviously but up here in the PNW $8.50ish for a 22oz of good DIPA is pretty standard.
The GI BCBS bottles were the same volume (different shape, etc), so I still think that's a deal if it lives up to the hype.

Hell, I'll drop 10 on a bomber of something that looks good without hesitation. 15 is normal for things I know I like (hellllllo noble star).

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Had this last weekend and it was absolutely delicious. For an 11.5% beer it was incredibly smooth. I am actually going to run to BevMo to see if I can find some more of it.

1BjABLA.jpg

I got it from my cousin, who very amusingly was called a hipster by Alex. My cousin was so pissed off about it, and I laughed my ass off at him. Good times.
I tried this at a beer festival in Alameda yesterday. It is surprisingly smooth for the alcohol content. Not sure I would enjoy an entire bottle though.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Tried the Watermelon Dorado on tap - at a spot on Cincinnati of all places. Very good. Ballast Point kills it with these fruit IPAs.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I had the watermelon dorado last night. Wasn't a fan at all. You guys are crazy.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
Wandered into a new liquor store and noticed they have grapefruit sculpin along with a few other ballast point brews. I have never seen them here before. Then I saw it's $28 for a 6 pack and I understood why.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Wandered into a new liquor store and noticed they have grapefruit sculpin along with a few other ballast point brews. I have never seen them here before. Then I saw it's $28 for a 6 pack and I understood why.
Ha, that's pretty ridiculous.

I had aCali Creamin' Vanilla Cream Ale | Mother Earth Brew Coon tap earlier tonight. Really enjoyed it, just the right balance of creaminess, vanilla, and sweet. No weird aftertaste. Pretty refreshing, will definitely pick some up.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Tried a few new beers this weekend... the watermelon dorado from ballast point was disappointingly bad. And the Kill Vanilla IPA by Hoppin Frog was fucking terrible. :|

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Lol. I think they're maybe $16 or something for a 6 pack here. Expensive but not insane like that.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
So I'm doing the keto thing now, and beer seems very costly carbwise. I'm digging through thislistand all the yummy looking stuff is of course towards the bottom. Anyone here ketoing have a good regular ale to indulge in now and then? I love hoppy IPAs.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Lol. I think they're maybe $16 or something for a 6 pack here. Expensive but not insane like that.
Have you guys notice they're easier to find now that Constellation owns them? I see 12 packs of grapefruit sculpin in costco once or twice a month for $15 - $20 I think. Of course I'm in SoCal, so that helps.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
They're distribution definitely seems further. I saw them everywhere out in Ohio last week.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So I'm doing the keto thing now, and beer seems very costly carbwise. I'm digging through thislistand all the yummy looking stuff is of course towards the bottom. Anyone here ketoing have a good regular ale to indulge in now and then? I love hoppy IPAs.
You're SOL when it comes to beer on a low carb diet bro.

Bud Select, Mich Ultra and other shitty low cal light beers are your only real option if you want to drink more than one or two.

Two Hearted Ale on that list you linked is a very good beer if you can find it in your area but I think that list is wrong. A google search shows it as 11g of carbs per 12 oz serving, not 6.7 like that list shows.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you're aiming to get drunk then get Budweiser(or PBR).... America it is then. Don't waste good beer on the getting drunk cause enjoy that stuff.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Thanks I will see if I can find two hearted. I know for sure I've had snake dog's ipa and I think it was pretty good, and the local place has it.

I'd only have one every now and then, so shouldn't be too bad
biggrin.png

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
A low carb craft ale? WTF this isnt the future man!

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
God damn Dragon's Milk is such a good value. $6/22oz for an 11% bourbon barrel aged stout, yes please.