The Beer Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I hated on seltzers for a long time and then I tailgated in almost 100 degree weather and they are so fucking refreshing in that setting.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Stouts

I just had this the other day and thought it was great.

73a28acf8c9a137b13ab5a96950a1ead_640x640.jpg

For easy to find nationwide stuff...

Any of the Founders stuff obviously.
North Coast Old Rasputin
Dragon's Milk (the white is interesting too)
Epic Big Bad Baptist
CBS? Getting KBS down here finally and just waiting on some CBS... I did mention I met the original "racist" founders of founders' in Tokyo they came in deep with kegs of KBS for a nice pizza chain they have there.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I'm in the DC area. I'm lucky that I live within 15 minutes of half a dozen breweries, so I've always got good, fresh beers at hand.

I worded my post poorly. It's not that I don't know what good beers to try or how to find suggestions. It's that I am enjoying trying beers that I'd otherwise never even give a second look because I'm focused on the ones I've seen suggested online, word of mouth, or whatever. That Nordic jam elderberry lager is a good example. I don't usually drink lagers, and especially not elderberry flavored ones. If I'd seen that suggested by someone--even if it was super highly recommended--I probably would have ignored it since it isn't my style.
Just realized I never replied to this but meant to...

Bruery has had a location in DC for 2 years now? Washington D.C. - curious if you've been or had any of their stuff and what you thought.

Had a nice flight at one of their west coast locations tonight:
- Mischief - The Bruery - Untappd
- Shaken (2021) - Offshoot Beer Co. - Untappd
- Ruekeller: Märzen - The Bruery - Untappd
- Spritz This!: Terroir Project - The Bruery Terreux - Untappd
- Train To Beersel (2021) - The Bruery Terreux - Untappd

Attachments

• flight.PNG
    flight.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 7

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

delicious

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
  • 1Like

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
Hmm, they're on the Total Wine site, but none available in any stores near me in California.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Hmm, they're on the Total Wine site, but none available in any stores near me in California.
This was the first time I’d seen the Double Candy, was in Southern Pines looking for something else and saw it. I’m a fan of Sycamore Brewing and their Mountain Candy so didn’t hesitate to grab it. It’s not as strong an alcohol after taste as a lot of imperials - ton of flavor without being so heavy.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Gonna try to get my hands on some Pliny the Younger on Saturday. Sounds like they produced more than normal. Lotta local spots have it.

• 1Like

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
Gonna try to get my hands on some Pliny the Younger on Saturday. Sounds like they produced more than normal. Lotta local spots have it.
Didn’t they increase production across across the board last year? Pretty sure I read an article from one of the execs basically saying they had decided it was time to step it up.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Didn’t they increase production across across the board last year? Pretty sure I read an article from one of the execs basically saying they had decided it was time to step it up.

Yeah they built a massive new facility in Windsor. Russian River beers in general are way more available in the Bay Area than they used to be. The Elder is a common find anymore. Tons of bars and bottle shops have it in stock, but it seems this is the first year that they're doing the same with the Younger. I've had it a number of times before so if I can get some with a very minimal wait I'll do it.

We're in the midst of SF Beer Week so there's tons of good stuff around. Planning on hitting a Bottle Logic event tomorrow. Love their stuff and I've only had it in Anaheim.