The Beer Thread

photo-723913.JPG
purchased today. So excited!

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I don't remember who said to try some Schlafly stuff, but saw a 6 pack of this on sale and tried it. Not sure how I really feel but not super impressed.

photo+2-756851.PNG

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I've only tried a couple of their brews. I'm not the biggest fan. They're aren't bad, but they aren't particularly good either. Middle of the road.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Be sure to report on how that Lagunitas Sucks is. I could ask my little store downstairs to get it, if it's good.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's an absolutely fantastic beer. It's one of their best, go request it from the store downstairs. You will not be disappointed.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I don't remember who said to try some Schlafly stuff, but saw a 6 pack of this on sale and tried it. Not sure how I really feel but not super impressed.
I had some of their pumpkin ale this fall and wasn't a huge fan. Pumpkin isn't my go to though, so other fans may find it better. Still pumpkin or not, it just didn't taste good.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Schlafly's pumpkin ale is one of the stronger flavored pumpkin ales that I've had. Very, very strong pumpkin and nutmeg flavoring. the people who want to feel like they are drinking liquid pumpkin pie would probably like the Schlafly pumpkin, if you like your flavors more subtle probably steer clear

Be sure to report on how that Lagunitas Sucks is. I could ask my little store downstairs to get it, if it's good.
out it was outstanding. it's something i'd buy regularly were it available. typically i come home with a sixpack of lagunitas maximus.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I had a "Sweet Baby Jesus" the other day, one of Duclaw's beers. It was the first peanut butter flavored beer I've ever had, so I don't have much to compare it to. That said, it was absolutely delicious and tasted like drinking a Reese's Cup.

kudos

<Banned>
I had a "Sweet Baby Jesus" the other day, one of Duclaw's beers. It was the first peanut butter flavored beer I've ever had, so I don't have much to compare it to. That said, it was absolutely delicious and tasted like drinking a Reese's Cup.
Wish I could get one of those.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
One of our local places got a couple of cases of that recently. Porter is normally a style I consciously avoid, but the Reese's combo made it something I couldn't pass up. It was a nice surprise- very tasty and interesting, but not something you can drink more than two of in a sitting.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This arrived today as a gift. Love Two Hearted. One of my favorites, but it's impossible to find here.

rrr_img_56130.jpg

I got this from Wegmans yesterday! Giving it a try tonight.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Woah, I'm late to the party. Didn't know this thread existed. Or maybe I discovered it drunk one night and forgot about it. At any rate here's a couple pictures of my brother's beer wall. Every beer on the wall is something he has personally had - I've had damn near all of them as well.

The pictures don't really do it much justice how many beers we've had. Most of the beers are 4-5 bottles deep (all different bottles). Only duplicates are if there is a variation of the beer from year to year.

rrr_img_56536.jpg
rrr_img_56537.jpg
rrr_img_56538.jpg
rrr_img_56539.jpg