The Beer Thread

Khane

Got something right about marriage
DFH! I'm sure there is something (depending on which state you live closest too).
No, seriously. CT has the WORST distribution laws I could possibly imagine. It's only recently gotten to the point where I can get anything from from further west than Pennsylvania (discounting macro breweries and the super popular "craft" breweries). Founder's has only been here for 2 years. I still can't get Troeg's even though it's brewed only 5 hours away and Bell's will probably never be distributed here. It's a sad state to live in for beer enthusiasts. Though the Zymatore project is located here and they are planning on opening a public house, and it's a really cool (to me anyway) beer project.

Oh and I live right smack dab in the middle of CT. At least an hour to an hour and a half from every single neighboring state.

This is really the only thing I can offer you:

Gandhi-Bot Double IPA | New England Brewing Co. | Woodbridge, CT | BeerAdvocate

I get my hands on Heady Topper fairly frequently through Vermont friends but no way I'm trading that.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Well duh on my part, I suppose it makes sense that there would be a ton in the city serving it. I know the bar in Livermore gets pretty crazy too, but my cousin hasn't ever had any troubles getting his. I know they give you a wristband as each person is only allowed one. You are welcome to join us if you want to make the trip out to the East Bay.
smile.png
Sounds swell, but alas, I do not own a car. Getting to Livermore isn't an easy task without one.

Sam Adam's has a new west coast IPA called Rebel IPA. I bought a 12 pack and my pallet says:

Appearance: Perfect copper

Smell: Citrus & a sweet malt flavor.

Taste: Hops up front, heavy. Very complex heavy tastes then mellowed out with that 6.5% alc at the end

Mouthfeel: Good carbonation, on the lighter side. Coating mouth feel.

Overall: Very impressed by Sam Adam's on this classic west coast IPA.

CeNo65_sl

shitlord
No, seriously. CT has the WORST distribution laws I could possibly imagine. It's only recently gotten to the point where I can get anything from from further west than Pennsylvania (discounting macro breweries and the super popular "craft" breweries). Founder's has only been here for 2 years. I still can't get Troeg's even though it's brewed only 5 hours away and Bell's will probably never be distributed here. It's a sad state to live in for beer enthusiasts. Though the Zymatore project is located here and they are planning on opening a public house, and it's a really cool (to me anyway) beer project.

Oh and I live right smack dab in the middle of CT. At least an hour to an hour and a half from every single neighboring state.

This is really the only thing I can offer you:

Gandhi-Bot Double IPA | New England Brewing Co. | Woodbridge, CT | BeerAdvocate

I get my hands on Heady Topper fairly frequently through Vermont friends but no way I'm trading that.
i grew up in CT and now am fortune enough to live in san diego.... i go home on holidays but one of my favorite beers is brewed in CT.. SeaHag IPA by new england brewing company.. for me to get heady topper in CA i have to buy 3 22oz bottles then im allowed to buy one can for 5 bucks .. its robbery and illegal but its worth it.. i wasn't a fan of ommegang till i visited them .. fresh beer from them is amazing .. worth the day trip

CeNo65_sl

shitlord
Shafly is better than pumking, pumking tastes like cough syrup.

Also, cigar city is all of Florida, New York, and I think Philly. They are continuing to branch out.
pumking is gros in a bottle, but if you have it fresh from a keg its kinda amazing .. i find a lot of beers dont travel well .. especially dogfish and "the brewery" ca

Khane

i grew up in CT and now am fortune enough to live in san diego.... i go home on holidays but one of my favorite beers is brewed in CT.. SeaHag IPA by new england brewing company.. for me to get heady topper in CA i have to buy 3 22oz bottles then im allowed to buy one can for 5 bucks .. its robbery and illegal but its worth it.. i wasn't a fan of ommegang till i visited them .. fresh beer from them is amazing .. worth the day trip
I go to the BCTC every year at Ommegang. One of the best beer fests in the world if you like all the belgian styles.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I go to the BCTC every year at Ommegang. One of the best beer fests in the world if you like all the belgian styles.
Now that Ommegang owns Boulevard Brewing here in KC, I'm hoping they do a big beer festival like the one in Cooperstown each year. Boulevard has a HUGE presence all over KC, and they participate in just about everything that goes on around town but they really don't do a festival of their own at all.

kudos

<Banned>
pumking is gros in a bottle, but if you have it fresh from a keg its kinda amazing .. i find a lot of beers dont travel well .. especially dogfish and "the brewery" ca
Funny because I had warlock on draft and thought it was more disgusting than when I had pumking from a bottle. I hate both.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Now that Ommegang owns Boulevard Brewing here in KC, I'm hoping they do a big beer festival like the one in Cooperstown each year. Boulevard has a HUGE presence all over KC, and they participate in just about everything that goes on around town but they really don't do a festival of their own at all.
Speaking of Boulevard, their Chocolate Ale goes on sale again in just a few days.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Sam Adam's has a new west coast IPA called Rebel IPA. I bought a 12 pack and my pallet says:

Appearance: Perfect copper

Smell: Citrus & a sweet malt flavor.

Taste: Hops up front, heavy. Very complex heavy tastes then mellowed out with that 6.5% alc at the end

Mouthfeel: Good carbonation, on the lighter side. Coating mouth feel.

Overall: Very impressed by Sam Adam's on this classic west coast IPA.
Love the review, now I will be buying a 6-pack to try it out myself. I don't know if it has been mentioned, but if you like IPAs then you should definitely try theDeschutes Brewery Chainbreaker White IPA

Khane

Just picked up three bottles of Oude Gueuze Tilquin. Gonna be a good Friday night.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Having a La Trappe Quadrupel tonight. Like it more than the Westmalle Quad, but not as much as the Trappistes Rochefort 10. Probably on par with ABT 12. I need to revisit the Chimay Blue maybe this weekend.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
I had 1/2 a bomber of La Trappe back in August/September and seem to remember really enjoying it. You just inspired me to try more Tripels & Quads at my next beer buying spree.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I had 1/2 a bomber of La Trappe back in August/September and seem to remember really enjoying it. You just inspired me to try more Tripels & Quads at my next beer buying spree.
Four Firkins.......

Enjoying some Jack's Abby Kiwi Rising right now, delicious double india pale lager

image_zps2ecda31e.jpg

AppearanceGolden, hazy but definitely transparent

SmellMalt, alcohol, sweetness. No complex hops or fruits

TasteCrisp and like smooth liquor at the same time. 7% alc. Complex hops on the backend after swallowing.

MouthfeelPerfect smoothness on the sip. Light, complex hops coat my mouth

OverallThis ranks high on my go-to hoppy-beer list. It's called "kiwi" rising because the ingredients are found in New Zealand. they also make a "mass rising" but this blows it away i think. both double IPLs.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
SF Beer Week starts on Friday. The gala opening is sold out, but hopefully I'll be able to get tickets on CL. Over 80 breweries represented and almost every participating brewer has their own event(s) at a bar in the city. They then have collaboration sessions that focus on specific types of beers. So there could be an event with only saisons and another that focuses only on sours. Gonna be radical.

My priority this year is getting some Pliny the Younger. It's served in many spots around the city, but there is a specific bar that taps a new keg every day at 11:30am so hopefully I can get in on one of those.