The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

spronk

FPS noob
TVs will have a whole new standard starting in 2018, VRR - variable refresh rate, which is the same thing as gsync/freesync but maybe not quiiite as good (at low refresh rates, same probs freesync 1 had). So yeah, 3 standards all fighting each other, gonna be awesome.

VRR should eventually win since it'll be part of the HDMI 2.x standard

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
So the Scorpio will cost 499$, no games included.

Expensive for kids, weak for people that are old enough to buy a PC.

Its going to brick.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Most people buying it will already have a bunch of games for it. Then there's EA Access that gets you a couple dozen games and 10 hour trials of brand new ones (Battlefront 2, Madden, etc), Gamepass gets you over 100 titles. All improved by the One X.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
If you already have an Xbox One and can trade it in for a decent deal on the One X, I can see going for it. As someone who doesn't own an Xbox One and had 0 interest in one, going into this E3, I have even less interest now. My PC does all that and more, at this point.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I'm sure the improvements will be massive. 3 HDR worth of terraflop RPM, running older games which people have finished or weren't interested in in the first place.

I changed my mind, this is going to rock. We'll bang. I mean it just needs to fix the glitches, gameplay, animations and story of ME:Andromeda and people will be swarming the stores.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
PS4 has sold 60 million units worldwide versus ~30 for Xbone. I can't imagine the $500 price point for One X will help them close that gap. we're getting to the point where it will be easier for Sony to leverage that advantage in installed units and push developers to create more exclusives for them.

I still don't understand why Sony didn't put in a fucking 4k blu ray player into their PS4 Pro though considering it's their own fucking technology.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I bought a Xbox One S just for the 4k bluray. Fuck you Sony. If they could make all the Xbox games play anywhere games then I think it would be well worth it to get the X especially if they saved your games to your microsoft account. As it is now, I just don't see the point in the X when just about every damn game plays on Win10 or X, not both. I'd rather just play it on the PC.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, personally I'm probably EA bringing Madden back to PC (maybe cross-buy with Origin?) from being done with consoles and letting that be a thing my kids enjoy. Have to think MS's strategy is going to force Sony to make the PS5 BC if that wasn't already in the cards. Hard to see them going the software reset route with Microsoft setting things up so you can buy any of their consoles and play most of the good games for the last 20 years on it.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Anyone here ever tried Playstation Now service? If not I'll get a controller later this week and try it out.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Plus starting friday till the 20th if you spend $100 on the PSN store you'll get back $15 three weeks later

Any idea if pre-orders count toward the $100?

The Horizon DLC + Battlefront 2 are looking pretty damn tempting.

Edit: nvm, they count. Pulling the trigger.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
yup, just make sure you hit over $100. Keep in mind the Horizon DLC I saw on the PSN store looks like its an add on for the base game, which means you will need the base game to play it. The UC4 DLC and Dishonored 2 DLCs are standalone.

also T-Mobile today is giving away a free month to xbox game pass if you have a t-mobile account, just download the t-mobile tuesday app and it should just give you the code. I checked it out, not bad a lot of kids games and a few action games (Bioshock, Borderlands, Perfect Dark, a lot of the old Rare games) but I didn't see anything I really wanted to install

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I'm in Cuckada so in CAD The Frozen Wilds and Battlefront 2 comes to $100.23

The min/maxer in me is overjoyed right now.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I'm sure the improvements will be massive. 3 HDR worth of terraflop RPM, running older games which people have finished or weren't interested in in the first place.

You do realize that it's going to work on every game on the console going forward, right? Any anyone who has played the same game on an Xbone and a Pro can tell you the difference absolutely is massive, so it will be an even bigger difference with the X.

And based on the usual Steam survey, the average PC gamer is using a shit computer that can't compete either in power, resolution, or price with the X. And even if you have a beast of a rig you aren't going 4k in most games anyway.

Finally, in the U.S. the Xbone and PS4 are very close in sales and between the people who just prefer the ecosystem, people who don't want to fuck with a PC and people who just want the most powerful console I bet it sells pretty well here.

When RDR or the Witcher hits the thing in glorious 4k I have a feeling a lot of opinions about the system will change. I'm not fully on board yet, but having had first hand experience with the Pro has my interest PeAkEd for sure.

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
When RDR or the Witcher hits the thing in glorious 4k I have a feeling a lot of opinions about the system will change. I'm not fully on board yet, but having had first hand experience with the Pro has my interest PeAkEd for sure.
Glorious would imply not-checkerboard, and good fucking luck with that.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pro generally seems to hit 1800p30 checkerboard, so for a multiplat of that sort there's absolutely zero chance of the Xbone X hitting 2160p30 native. It'll be 2160p checkerboard with higher res shadows or some other PC graphics option(s) turned on.