The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
For some reason I actually watched the Xbox gamescon. Their major focus was backwards compatibility and upgrades to existing games for xbonex.

Yikes

And PUBG is going to be a console exclusive to Xbox? For some reason I hadn't heard that before, is that new?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
For some reason I actually watched the Xbox gamescon. Their major focus was backwards compatibility and upgrades to existing games for xbonex.

Yikes

And PUBG is going to be a console exclusive to Xbox? For some reason I hadn't heard that before, is that new?

Nah they talked about it for awhile. I'm excited for that and Forza 7 but everything else was balls.

Holy shit.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
look at what our console can do for indie games, is all I got out of that damn XboxX presentation... big powerful console, no actual games for it, guess I'll just keep upgrading my computer...

and on PubG statement say's that it will be xbox exclusive for "Early Access" so a PS4 version is probably in the works but they can't say anything, I bet.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
look at what our console can do for indie games, is all I got out of that damn XboxX presentation... big powerful console, no actual games for it, guess I'll just keep upgrading my computer...

and on PubG statement say's that it will be xbox exclusive for "Early Access" so a PS4 version is probably in the works but they can't say anything, I bet.

Im guessing it will be along time until it's on PS4. Microsoft is the publisher.

Xbox wants this.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Ubisoft confirms Assassins's Creed will be 4k w/ HDR on the One X, and also use Dolby Atmos. Really looking forward to more games using positional audio.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ubisoft confirms Assassins's Creed will be 4k w/ HDR on the One X, and also use Dolby Atmos. Really looking forward to more games using positional audio.

Will be funny to see how they use Dolby Atmos when nothing will be above you, either on eye level or below you. Doesn't Atmos need over head sound to fulfill the 3D positional claim?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I'd think they could use a lot of that stuff w/ the bird in this game.

Unrelated, GT Sport themed PS4/Pro announced for United Kingdom, Europe, and Australia.

Gran-Turismo-Sport-PS4-box-600x358.jpg

Gran-Turismo-Sport-PS4-controller-600x383.png

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Will be funny to see how they use Dolby Atmos when nothing will be above you, either on eye level or below you. Doesn't Atmos need over head sound to fulfill the 3D positional claim?

You can do atmos sound with headphones and if you have an atmos home theater then that is an even bigger plus. It isn't just about positional sound but also object sound. It also means that all apps that can take advantage of atmos will be able to run on the X1X

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
You can do atmos sound with headphones and if you have an atmos home theater then that is an even bigger plus. It isn't just about positional sound but also object sound. It also means that all apps that can take advantage of atmos will be able to run on the X1X

Gotchya. I thought it was all about overhead sound. That's good to know.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Gotchya. I thought it was all about overhead sound. That's good to know.

It is best with overhead sound and you do need a receiver that can do it, but you can also just angle bookshelf speakers at the ceiling for ghetto atmos. I think most gamers will just take advantage of using it with headphones though.

Also it isn't a hardware console thing. It's just a license. So if Sony really wanted to they could add it to their consoles.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Fuck I have some tough decisions (first world) to make - do I buy AC origins for PS4 Pro and play Oct 17th on launch, do I keep my Xbox One X and just play Origins a little bit later (or even next year?) at probably a higher quality, of course I could just play on PC but I like the console achievements more than some rando Ubi achievements.

Hope we can see some Xbox One X vs PS4 Pro videos of AC Origins soon

also interesting but nice that they are sticking with the current xbox one elite controller, as the owner of two I am happy they didn't do a update on it but it is kinda weird

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Like every game these days has positional audio. Isn't 5.1 and 7.1 still positional? I have an Atmos receiver, but not the speaker setup. I have vaulted ceilings, so I don't even know how/where I'd put overhead ones.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Like every game these days has positional audio. Isn't 5.1 and 7.1 still positional? I have an Atmos receiver, but not the speaker setup. I have vaulted ceilings, so I don't even know how/where I'd put overhead ones.
You can't (or at least shouldn't) use the upward firing type with vaulted ceilings, they need 8-9' at most and a level surface to work properly. Your best option is probably adding wall-mounted ones at 8-9' and just ignore the ceiling.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You can also add speakers to your wall above your tv. Most receivers have a setting for that. That will give you a height effect also. It's worth it more for the object based sound and it's ability to move a certain sound around the room in 3d space without using a specific channel. Just imagine giving a specific sound a cube and being able to move that cube around the room without raising or lowering the volume on anything else coming out of the speakers.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fuck I have some tough decisions (first world) to make - do I buy AC origins for PS4 Pro and play Oct 17th on launch, do I keep my Xbox One X and just play Origins a little bit later (or even next year?) at probably a higher quality, of course I could just play on PC but I like the console achievements more than some rando Ubi achievements.

Hope we can see some Xbox One X vs PS4 Pro videos of AC Origins soon

also interesting but nice that they are sticking with the current xbox one elite controller, as the owner of two I am happy they didn't do a update on it but it is kinda weird
My question here is why are you even buying an AC game?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
bro i'm a huge assassins creed fan its now probably my favorite game series since mass effect andromeda shit the bed. I totally get historically immersed in the series, I actually ended up going to Italy like six times and the Carribean four times after playing 2 and 4. I loudly sang sea shanties to my dog while playing 4. I'm 99% likely gonna go to Egypt after playing Origins, where a jihadi will behead me and I will fully get to experience 2000 BC Egypt

i even proudly wear Assassins Logo t-shirts, a lot of rando young chicks are into that series and mass effect as well and we'll talk for 15 mins about who is better, Ezio or Eddie K. Only dudes ever talk to me when I've got my destiny swag on

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Has anyone else been getting random messages from bots/scammers on PS4? Every night for the past week I have gotten one, each with girly gamer names saying hey or hi.... bizarre because I have been in offline mode since they added it.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Has anyone else been getting random messages from bots/scammers on PS4? Every night for the past week I have gotten one, each with girly gamer names saying hey or hi.... bizarre because I have been in offline mode since they added it.
I've been getting these for a long while. Nothing all of a sudden though or more recently.