The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Mick

<Gold Donor>
I am running the new UI right now on my Xbox right now. I wonder who thought that this was an improvement over the last one. There is so much unable space and with stuff that I don't want. Right now this is two steps backwards.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am running the new UI right now on my Xbox right now. I wonder who thought that this was an improvement over the last one. There is so much unable space and with stuff that I don't want. Right now this is two steps backwards.

If they let us fully customize this I'd make it exactly like the 360. Loved it.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I'd love a way to play Lost Odyssey and maybe Vesperia if it ever makes it onto the BC list on my PC. Not going to bother with digging up a 360 to borrow or buy used just for that, but I'd certainly pay for a month of some service.

I thought Lost Odyssey is BC. I played it over the summer. It was free on Gold download I think in March.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Am I the only one who hates that you have to pay $$$ to access multiplayer in games I pay 60$ for?

I generally only fire up the console when really awesome games come out, or decent PSVR ones, but I've missed out on some of the multiplayer only titles because fuck paying another monthly sub when I only use it every other month or so.

I'm old, I remember playing Playstation shiat online for free :*(

Ramar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Am I the only one who hates that you have to pay $$$ to access multiplayer in games I pay 60$ for?

I generally only fire up the console when really awesome games come out, or decent PSVR ones, but I've missed out on some of the multiplayer only titles because fuck paying another monthly sub when I only use it every other month or so.

I'm over paying a sub for multiplayer. I ended up canceling my Destiny 2 preorder because I'd have to re-up my PS+ subscription... it's just not worth it anymore.

spronk

FPS noob
I just view it as part of the annual console tax, but yeah if you rarely play MP its bullshit. I play every day a game or two plus the cloud saves have saved my ass a few times

anyways 2TB firecuda on sale on amazon for $70, not so important nowadays since you can just attach a USB drive and play games off it but I find 2TB on my ps4 pro more than enough space and hate more shit dangling everywhere
Amazon.com: Seagate FireCuda Gaming SSHD 2TB SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5-Inch Notebooks / Laptops Internal Hard Drive (ST2000LX001): Computers & Accessories

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I just view it as part of the annual console tax, but yeah if you rarely play MP its bullshit. I play every day a game or two plus the cloud saves have saved my ass a few times

anyways 2TB firecuda on sale on amazon for $70, not so important nowadays since you can just attach a USB drive and play games off it but I find 2TB on my ps4 pro more than enough space and hate more shit dangling everywhere
Amazon.com: Seagate FireCuda Gaming SSHD 2TB SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5-Inch Notebooks / Laptops Internal Hard Drive (ST2000LX001): Computers & Accessories

Is there a speed hit on using USB over replacing the internal drive? I already have a 2tb interal I upgraded but I was always curious about that.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

Tipping point for me was when I had to pay it on multiple consoles. So I stopped paying for the one I wasn't playing as much, it became a dust collector and so I got rid of it. Will give Sony another shot w/ the PS5 if it's BC.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Tipping point for me was when I had to pay it on multiple consoles. So I stopped paying for the one I wasn't playing as much, it became a dust collector and so I got rid of it. Will give Sony another shot w/ the PS5 if it's BC.
I imagine all systems will be BC going forward, since they are on x86 architecture. It was the funky custom CPUs that made BC a challenge.

Nija

<Silver Donator>

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Is there a speed hit on using USB over replacing the internal drive? I already have a 2tb interal I upgraded but I was always curious about that.

I haven't noticed any difference. I upgraded the internal to a 2tb Barracuda and then added a second that I use through USB and it seems the same to me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user