The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

spronk

FPS noob
joke's on you, Bethesda's new Game of Thrones game is a cooking simulator where you play as Hotpie and have to bake pie's for all the visiting brigands

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
joke's on you, Bethesda's new Game of Thrones game is a cooking simulator where you play as Hotpie and have to bake pie's for all the visiting brigands

Can it have Guy Fieri as a guest character?

• 1Worf

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I can't wait to see the Xbox One X screeenshots of Skyrim Ultimate X Scorpio Director's Cut compared to Skyrim on PS4.

spronk

FPS noob
Gamestop is running a $50 bonus promo on console tradeins right now for Powerup Pro members ($15/yr)
http://www.gamestop.com/trade

People are getting $225 for a PS4 and $175 for a Xbox One S with it and $150 for an Xbox One, not a bad trade if you have stopped playing those things. Don't need to put it towards anything, although obviously your money would be tied up at gamestop

• 1Like

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
It's impressive for that one game, I'll agree. But for using it as an example of what EVERYTHING WILL BE it's worthless.

Personally I've already played and platinumed (I think? I'd have to check) RoTR so while it looks awesome, and it's great they did a good job on that - as far as is known right now that might be the only "exclusive remaster" besides AC (I believe that's getting an enhanced XBone X version, right?) for multiplatform games.

It would be a better point of reference to see what a normal unremastered multiplat looks like for making truly informed comparisons of how most will look.

I don't think anyone assumes that this is an example of what every game will be, but there will be plenty of multi-platform games that will be doing similar. Pretty much any game that got a Pro patch for the PS4 is going to be getting the same treatment on the X, and most of those will add fidelity in one way or another. The list of supported titles is over 100 so far and it will keep growing. I mean the Pro is a pretty damn amazing game machine and this thing is even better. I can't wait to play RDR on whatever else comes down the pike.

Well, score for me then, since I own it on XBOne digital $

It's going to work exactly like the Pro works. Any game that gets released will get an additional patch for the X, just like the Pro. So if you buy a game and play it on your S and then turn around and buy an X, you'll get the patch as soon as you install it on your new machine. There aren't separate versions for each version of the console, if there were I'd be pissed instead of excited. I have a stack of games for my S that I've never even touched that I'll be playing on the X.

Vaclav

I don't think anyone assumes that this is an example of what every game will be, but there will be plenty of multi-platform games that will be doing similar. Pretty much any game that got a Pro patch for the PS4 is going to be getting the same treatment on the X, and most of those will add fidelity in one way or another. The list of supported titles is over 100 so far and it will keep growing. I mean the Pro is a pretty damn amazing game machine and this thing is even better. I can't wait to play RDR on whatever else comes down the pike.

It's going to work exactly like the Pro works. Any game that gets released will get an additional patch for the X, just like the Pro. So if you buy a game and play it on your S and then turn around and buy an X, you'll get the patch as soon as you install it on your new machine. There aren't separate versions for each version of the console, if there were I'd be pissed instead of excited. I have a stack of games for my S that I've never even touched that I'll be playing on the X.

Does it for Pro? For Horizon digital version when I moved my backup to the Pro it was running with Pro settings without any downloads unless it was so tiny that I didn't notice it.... and not noticed anything else thusfar besides I think I saw an article re: Fallout 4 getting Pro'ed, but I have been slacking on gaming recently.

Thusfar I've been underwhelmed with Pro we've got PS4 Pro (on a HDR TV) and PS4 Reg on a 1080p Plasma and honestly on 90% of stuff I can't even notice a small diff at ~7-10 feet away. That's part of the reasoning behind my hesitation on XBOneX - in addition to the weaker exclusives being an issue.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Does it for Pro? For Horizon digital version when I moved my backup to the Pro it was running with Pro settings without any downloads unless it was so tiny that I didn't notice it.... and not noticed anything else thusfar besides I think I saw an article re: Fallout 4 getting Pro'ed, but I have been slacking on gaming recently.

Thusfar I've been underwhelmed with Pro we've got PS4 Pro (on a HDR TV) and PS4 Reg on a 1080p Plasma and honestly on 90% of stuff I can't even notice a small diff at ~7-10 feet away. That's part of the reasoning behind my hesitation on XBOneX - in addition to the weaker exclusives being an issue.

Horizon patched in Pro support before it even released, so you wouldn't see an extra download. If a game has already been released, you'll get a download to add support. And I don't know what games you're playing on your Pro but there is a pretty drastic difference in the majority of the games that I've played that support it. It's the main reason I've been playing so many games on it, the gap between it and the PC is much smaller than it used to be.

Vaclav

Horizon patched in Pro support before it even released, so you wouldn't see an extra download. If a game has already been released, you'll get a download to add support. And I don't know what games you're playing on your Pro but there is a pretty drastic difference in the majority of the games that I've played that support it. It's the main reason I've been playing so many games on it, the gap between it and the PC is much smaller than it used to be.

Overwatch, Diablo 3, indies, Horizon (which I do notice the difference).... nothing else got too many hours dumped into it recently. XCOM2 again soon.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Overwatch, Diablo 3, indies, Horizon (which I do notice the difference).... nothing else got too many hours dumped into it recently. XCOM2 again soon.

HoriZon, uncharted, deus ex and wildlands with the HDR patch look amazing.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider

Most indies aren't even using Pro support, and Blizzard didn't boost the resolution in Overwatch, which explains why you see no difference. Diablo 3. however, looks great with the added resolution bump.

HoriZon, uncharted, deus ex and wildlands with the HDR patch look amazing.

Yep, they are all significantly better looking on the Pro, as well as games like Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, The Division, Hitman, For Honor, etc. Basically just about every big name title gets the Pro treatment. Hell, if nothing else at least the X coming out has gotten CD Projekt to update The Witcher for both the X and Pro.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Most indies aren't even using Pro support, and Blizzard didn't boost the resolution in Overwatch, which explains why you see no difference. Diablo 3. however, looks great with the added resolution bump.

Yep, they are all significantly better looking on the Pro, as well as games like Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, The Division, Hitman, For Honor, etc. Basically just about every big name title gets the Pro treatment. Hell, if nothing else at least the X coming out has gotten CD Projekt to update The Witcher for both the X and Pro.

4k it up.

spronk

FPS noob
Did Da Vinci just give away the Mona Lisa?

kXbIhNK.png