The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

spronk

FPS noob
for anyone who has a launch PS4/XB1, gamestop is currently giving $225 for a PS4, $240 for a PS4 Pro, and $150-175 for a xbox one ($150 for reg, $175 for 1TB S). Its the website trade value +$50. I wouldn't trade in a pro, but trading in a 3 year old PS4 for $225 and paying another $75 to get a slim isn't a bad way to refresh old dusty hardware, I'd even say the upgrade to the Pro is worth it - you can get the Destiny 2 white Pro for $449, so that is +$225 but then again the PS4 Pro should be good for at LEAST one year in terms of new hardware versions.

If you trade in some games as well, buy any single pre owned game and your games (games only, not consoles) will get a 50% bonus boost as well. Its a hidden promo not advertised. Just pick up a 99 cent DS game as part of your trade in and the 50% boost will kick in.

gamestop is open today, i dunno if the 50% game boost promo is today only or continues. You have to trade in the console, HDMI cable, first party controller, and controller charge cable. Box and other stuff not needed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
for anyone who has a launch PS4/XB1, gamestop is currently giving $225 for a PS4, $240 for a PS4 Pro, and $150-175 for a xbox one ($150 for reg, $175 for 1TB S). Its the website trade value +$50. I wouldn't trade in a pro, but trading in a 3 year old PS4 for $225 and paying another $75 to get a slim isn't a bad way to refresh old dusty hardware, I'd even say the upgrade to the Pro is worth it - you can get the Destiny 2 white Pro for $449, so that is +$225 but then again the PS4 Pro should be good for at LEAST one year in terms of new hardware versions.

If you trade in some games as well, buy any single pre owned game and your games (games only, not consoles) will get a 50% bonus boost as well. Its a hidden promo not advertised. Just pick up a 99 cent DS game as part of your trade in and the 50% boost will kick in.

gamestop is open today, i dunno if the 50% game boost promo is today only or continues. You have to trade in the console, HDMI cable, first party controller, and controller charge cable. Box and other stuff not needed.
Grabbing some haircuts and doing this in a few minutes. Switching out a launch ps4 for a ps4 slim. Great deal!

I wanna get uncharted 4 used to boost a couple other games I'm trading in, but probably overpay for it.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Did the deal end today?

spronk

FPS noob
Both the console trade in bonus ($50) and 50% trade bonus when you buy a used game continue until 9/17, however check trade in values on http://gamestop.com/trade -- game trade in values will drop tomorrow, as they were temporarily bumped over the weekend (gamestop tends to bump game trade values the last weekend of the month). The console trade values will have $50 added to it on top of what the website says you will get.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Both the console trade in bonus ($50) and 50% trade bonus when you buy a used game continue until 9/17, however check trade in values on http://gamestop.com/trade -- game trade in values will drop tomorrow, as they were temporarily bumped over the weekend (gamestop tends to bump game trade values the last weekend of the month). The console trade values will have $50 added to it on top of what the website says you will get.
I laughed when they wanted to give me 3 damn cents, seriously, 3 cents for destiny taken king. Haha! But I got $12 and change for FF15!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Finally got around to trying Nioh and I'm getting my butthole jammed by the demon on the first area on the island, almost threw my PS4 off the balcony.

• 1Worf

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Finally got around to trying Nioh and I'm getting my butthole jammed by the demon on the first area on the island, almost threw my PS4 off the balcony.
In the very first area? I found that Nioh was much more challenging in the early parts. As you learn each enemy and really get combos down, it was pretty easy in the second half of the game.

• 1Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>

This is exactly what I'm doing. Traded in XB1 for $150, picking up XB1S Madden bundle +1 free game for $249. So essentially a free upgrade.

Going to do the same thing with the PS4, going to wait until a bundle comes out that I want, may end up upgrading to Pro or might just get the slim. Either way, it's great to get a refresh!

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
In the very first area? I found that Nioh was much more challenging in the early parts. As you learn each enemy and really get combos down, it was pretty easy in the second half of the game.
Except for those fucking bird guys, I agree. Fuck those motherfuckers though

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Once you get to NG++ it's all about the cheese in that game. Assrapist birds no longer required for assraping the player.

Hekotat

I finally beat the first demon guy, I was riding high then I got my butthole immediately re-jammed by another one on the roof of a hut.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I finally beat the first demon guy, I was riding high then I got my butthole immediately re-jammed by another one on the roof of a hut.
You're talking about the dudes who come out the mist when you get close to it? At least they don't respawn when you kill them(the mist ones - later you'll encounter regular spawns of them that do come back when you die).

Hekotat

You're talking about the dudes who come out the mist when you get close to it? At least they don't respawn when you kill them(the mist ones - later you'll encounter regular spawns of them that do come back when you die).

Yeah, those guys. I didn't know they didn't respawn though, that means I can be more aggressive after beating them.

I think that's the most frustrating thing about this game, having to wade through all the assholes I already killed just to get back to where I was.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Lol if this actually ships

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg