The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
OG Xbox games coming to BC tomorrow, higher resolution and all that jazz.
  • Black*(Electronic Arts)
  • BloodRayne 2*(Majesco Entertainment)
  • Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge*(Microsoft)
  • Dead to Rights*(Bandai Namco)
  • Fuzion Frenzy*(Microsoft)
  • Grabbed by the Ghoulies*(Microsoft)
  • Ninja Gaiden Black*(Koei Tecmo)
  • Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time*(Ubisoft)
  • Psychonauts*(Double Fine Productions)
  • Red Faction II*(THQ Nordic)
  • Sid Meier’s Pirates!*(2K Games)
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic*(Electronic Arts)
  • The King of Fighters Neowave*(SNK)

I was under the impression OG games didn't upscale. They have to be remastered. So how are they higher resolution? Is this what the Xbox One X does? I haven't been playing close attention.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I was under the impression OG games didn't upscale. They have to be remastered. So how are they higher resolution? Is this what the Xbox One X does? I haven't been playing close attention.

1080 even on the fat OG Xbox one too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Hmm.... I think I still have my OG KOTOR Disc... I'll have to check this out!

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Would love to see New Vegas on there. I have the PC version but love to play via steam link and the controller doesn't translate...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Would love to see New Vegas on there. I have the PC version but love to play via steam link and the controller doesn't translate...

Playing it right now and it definitely is better. Loading times super fast on SSD and it does look a tad better.

• 1Like

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
After seeing the Tomb Raider and SoM comparisons I went ahead and paid off my preorder for the X. I'm actually excited for its release. I think Microsoft was pretty smart (crazy right?) adding all the extra ram because the texture upgrades in SoM were pretty impressive compared to the Pro. The backwards compatibility stuff is just icing on the cake.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I am looking at doing a full blown upgrade to 4K. Oled 65, new receiver with hdcp 2.2 and atmos, and would probably nab an X for the game/media player. Will need to get a pro as well though because it has tons of awesome games. I hardly play any games on x1. Maybe this a system would change that though for cross platform. Trade in my OG X1 and ps4.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah I am looking at doing a full blown upgrade to 4K. Oled 65, new receiver with hdcp 2.2 and atmos, and would probably nab an X for the game/media player. Will need to get a pro as well though because it has tons of awesome games. I hardly play any games on x1. Maybe this a system would change that though for cross platform. Trade in my OG X1 and ps4.

Yeah that’s exactly what I’m doing.

• 1Like

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider

I did the whole 4k upgrade thing for the Pro so I'm ready to go for the X. I haven't touched my Xbone since they announced the X, I've just been saving games to play because of how disappointing the standard and S are, both graphically and performance wise. Based on everything I've seen so far, though, it will be my primary multi-plat gaming machine going forward. Of course, I doubt it will ever come close to the Pro in terms of must play exclusives, but I think I'll get plenty of play time out of it in the end and I'll finally put the best controller ever made (Elite) to good use.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i'm in the same boat as rafter although i'll probably still use my PS4 Pro a lot, stuff like Destiny 2 and COD have exclusives on the PSN. Looking forward though to Assassins Creed Origins on the X. Its kinda weird though how there aren't really THAT many big games this holiday - AC Origins, Battlefront 2, COD WW2, the new mario game, and Wolf 2 are pretty much it.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Gears One X enhancements.

Gears of War 4 Enhanced on Xbox One X | Games | Gears of War - Official Site

Two modes:

Performance brings the Campaign and Horde up to 60fps at 1080p with higher-res textures and some more enhancements from the visuals mode. Visuals brings native 4K at 30fps with Ultra textures and several more graphical features. Versus will run at 4K 60fps with dynamic resolution scaling in both modes.

Dolby Atmos, HDR, and other graphical enhancements include enhanced light shafts, increased draw distances, dynamic shadows, superior reflections, and enhanced character textures.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

We bought a 65 inch curved LG OLED. Its glorious.

• 1Like

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I just did the calculations to verify which projectors I can upgrade to, and the only thing available is the Epson 4000 or the 5040UB. I don't want to blow $2900 on a projector right now when my 8350 is still fine.

106" screen at 19.5' requires a serious throw ratio. Can't fit a bigger screen unfortunately.

spronk

FPS noob
DNErM2FVwAAtFe7.jpg:large

spronk

FPS noob
gamestop is gonna intro a program on 11/19 called GamePass (like xbox one's Game Pass) that lets you "rent" used games from their store for $60 for 6 months, you can swap games every 3 days and you keep the last game you own at the end. Pretty decent deal if you like to redbox a lot of variety and you have a lot of gamestop's around you.

I mention this here too because it got me to buy the Horizon Zero dawn DLC, which requires the base game to play. But now I can get the game from gamestop, play for a week or two, then change to a different game. There's a few games for which I wouldn't mind playing the DLC or replaying parts of the game but I don't wanna buy the game at retail price anymore, but this deal from gamestop works nicely and it seems better than renting games from redbox/gamefly since its a fixed, one time price and i'll be able to keep the final game - be some sort of switch game, for sure. Be good for VR games too since they are all short.

HZD DLC coming out Nov 7th, $5 discount if you pre order
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ilds/cid=UP9000-CUSA01967_00-HZTHEFROZENWILDS

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
gamestop is gonna intro a program on 11/19 called GamePass (like xbox one's Game Pass) that lets you "rent" used games from their store for $60 for 6 months, you can swap games every 3 days and you keep the last game you own at the end. Pretty decent deal if you like to redbox a lot of variety and you have a lot of gamestop's around you.

I mention this here too because it got me to buy the Horizon Zero dawn DLC, which requires the base game to play. But now I can get the game from gamestop, play for a week or two, then change to a different game. There's a few games for which I wouldn't mind playing the DLC or replaying parts of the game but I don't wanna buy the game at retail price anymore, but this deal from gamestop works nicely and it seems better than renting games from redbox/gamefly since its a fixed, one time price and i'll be able to keep the final game - be some sort of switch game, for sure. Be good for VR games too since they are all short.

HZD DLC coming out Nov 7th, $5 discount if you pre order
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ilds/cid=UP9000-CUSA01967_00-HZTHEFROZENWILDS

That's an interesting program - definitely sounds like it would be worth giving it a shot for the woman if nothing else.